The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing

+2
ShahenshahG
davidemore
6 posters

Go down

Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing Empty Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U02uM3iqhJ8

I mean Frankie says it how it is really. I'm stunned that Warren has someone like him so inactive. Look at what Hearn is doing with his young fighters, they fight every month!

And the Nathan situation is laughable. Why would he of not checked to see if his opponent was even legally allowed to fight?

Frank Warren is on his way out, IMO.

Thoughts?

emore

Last edited by davidemore on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing Empty Re: Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

Gavin is unreliable unfortunately. Frank set him up two or three times and HE backed out. Theres much to blame frank about but Gavins unreliability born out of his personal problems isn't one of them.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing Empty Re: Another Example Of Why Warren Is Failing

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:46 pm

Was the weigh in done in a toilet? No glamour whatsoever and they were pretty much getting changed on top of each other at the end

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:49 pm

lol @ seanus

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 6:53 pm

What about Nathan then? Utter shambles. And he doesn't have that many Champs left.

He sold Derek out too.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

What about Nathan - Warren signed the fight in good faith to get him over in america and exposed to wider audiences and the Unfortunate Coyne unaware of Don king having his claws dug into his back signed it under the impression he was free to fight.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm

Shahenshah it is something all promoter's should ask a King fighter. Will he let you fight? Come on now... Look at Cloud.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:What about Nathan - Warren signed the fight in good faith to get him over in america and exposed to wider audiences and the Unfortunate Coyne unaware of Don king having his claws dug into his back signed it under the impression he was free to fight.

He's also the one that signs Clev to fight nurses

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:50 pm

Lol @ Seanus.

Nurses and their patients.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:51 pm

Fair enough on that ...but this is Don Kings doing - we've always known him to do this where he can get away with it - but neither of these things are his fault.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:52 pm

I actually think he has been a bit unfortunate with his stable in terms of cancellation and injuries.

How did he sell Chisora out? He got him 2 world title shots and then moved heaven and earth to get him a lucrative fight with Haye after his man had been his licence withdrawn.

He got Groves a world title shot, Groves got injured, continually.

Cleverly has been matched poorly but hes suffered his fair share of opponents withdrawing.

Saunders - injury problems.

Done alright for Burns, Mitchell and Murray.

I still think he has a knack for getting his fighters opportunities.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:54 pm

Disagree Manos. Joe Calzaghe left him sued him and won. Hatton ditched his ass and made more money. Degale got shelved. Nathan fights cans. Bellew fought no one for a year. Billie Joe is more ignored than Pat Butcher's muff. Murray hasn't fought since last December. I could, and may well, go on...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 7:55 pm

Kell Brook left him and is now packing out arenas on Sky and fighting his next fight for a world title. He ate cakes when Warren had him and fought hags.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:09 pm

Calzaghe ditched him to fight Roy Jones shell. He did very well for Hatton. Got him Tszyu at the perfect time and made him one of Britains biggests stars.

His current stable have been beset by various injuries and cancellations. Murray is to fight Rees - good fight. Mitchell got shots with Katsidas in Upton Park and then a world title shot against Burns - blew both of them on top of being a general problem child. Groves has been been matched well, even got a world title opportunity but has been plagued by injuries. Chisora for a mediocre fighter has got 2 world title shots and a massive fight with Haye. His domestic level fighters all regularly get shots at domestic titles.

In terms of coverage, I dont think boxnation can compete with Sky though. But perhaps Warren foresaw that with the Hearns connection to Sky via poker/darts/snooker and so on that it would be inneviteable that he would get frozen out. In terms of the opportunities he gets for his fighters for titles, I think he does quite well.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

But nowhere near well enough. Some of his fighters have been completely forgotten by the media. For me Billy Joe is the most talented middleweight in the UK by a mile and no one outside of a granny and some old fat bloke who subscribe to Boxnation know who he is.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:27 pm

Yeah I would agree that a subscription channel like boxnation is not going to be able to compete with sky in terms of coverage. But Skys resources are still quite small in terms of the percentge of fighters they cover so inneviteably some fighters will suffer for want of exposure. I do think Warren has been unfortunate lately with his stable though and I dont think he is neccessarily doing a bad job with them given the challenges facing him where Sky have a pretty limited boxing schedule and clearly have favouritism towards one promoter.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

Hearn brings results and Warren doesn't. Why wouldn't they have favoritism?

I've seen better match-making on Blind Date than some of the guff Warren has served up in the last five years. Even the "big" fights are horrible mismatches.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:33 pm

The best of the lot of them was Nathan vs Tony B, and that only happened because Warren thought Tony B couldn't fight.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

What big matches has Hearn served up ? bar Froch v Bute ? Brook v Hatton or Salvidia ?

Prizefighter ?

Both as bad as each other, Bellew is hardly taking risks is he?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 31 Oct 2012, 8:48 pm

Burns v Mitchell/Katsidas/Moses
Mitchell v Burns/Murray/Katsidas
Murray v Mitchell/Rios/Rees
Chisora v Fury/Vitali/Haye
Groves v Anderson/DeGale/Smith
Liam Walsh v Appelby
Sexton v Chisora/Price

I dont think his match making has been as bad as your making out.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

Half of that list is tripe Manos. Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:26 pm

In what way? They were all either decent fights, decent risk or competitive match ups. I dont see Hearn as being miles ahead in the fights he has delivered at any rate.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:57 pm

Only a fool would write Frank off or start writing his obituary just yet. You do not spend 30 years near the top of a game as tough as boxing promotion without being both shrewd and resiliant. Is easy to say he is on the wane, and would be difficult to argue he is not in a lull stable wise at the minute but as Manos has already outlined there has been an element of bad luck in this, post Beijing most agreed Warren had got the pick of the Olympians including our only gold medallist, their lack of development is a largely down to injuries and personal problems which are not Franks fault.

Similarly the vitriol poured out at Cleverly is completely disproportionate to his offences, seems he has become a poster boy to some for all boxings ills,
however these things are reversible, don't think it will happen but if Nathan's next opponent is world ranked and he does the business his stock will pick up virtually overnight, as will gavin's should he look the part tomorrow night, such is the nature of things.

Also as others have said Hearn for all he is flavour of the month is hardly delivering us one mega match after another. I don't mind the path and plan he is executing for Brook but one has to wonder if it was Frank still at the helm steering such a path fans would be so patient or forgiving.

Am by no means a fan of Warren and I hate the concept of boxnation with an absolute passion but write him off at your peril, this is a bloke who has been shot and sued by Don King and is still on top.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 31 Oct 2012, 9:59 pm

I dont think Don King shot him! Be careful there Rowlers! Or else your next fight with the missus will be promoted by Don King and thus bereft of any dignity.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Oct 2012, 10:01 pm

Could have phrased that better, on the off chance you are reading this Don I am in no way shape or form suggesting you were in any way responsible for Frank being shot (I can't afford to be sued, although I suspect superfly would defend me if I asked him nicely)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down