The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ????

+8
ShahenshahG
Boxtthis
monzon
Lumbering_Jack
AlexHuckerby
BallchinianMuffwig
NathanDB10
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ???? Empty Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 6:33 pm

Amir Khan had the ability and the goodwill to be a positive role model not just in the sport of Boxing but for the Country as a whole.....

In fairness the kid has carried a fair weight on his shoulders......

However he has over the last few years been shown up as a bad loser......to have an ego the size of uranus (not mine)... and has played the race card when it's suited him...Certainly has no class...

Unfortunately as with Jack johnson (after willard) sometimes the public when it gets rid of an irritant take the once bitten twice shy route!!!

Would suggest that 70% of the Brit public want to see Khan flattened....(I don't count but I enjoyed his last fight!!)

So what happens to his younger brother Haroon??..Will anybody care....maybe If he can show some humility!!................and let his fists do the talking!!!

But it doesn't seem to be the Khan way!!!

The kid won't start with a clean slate unfortunately......

Think maybe one Khan is enough!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ???? Empty Re: Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ????

Post by NathanDB10 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 7:04 pm

I'll be honest, I don't like Khan, and before any throws in the racist angle, nothing could be further from the truth. The thing that gets me is two-fold.

Firstly, he just comes across as arrogant and talks like he is already in the same league as people like Mayweather, Pac and Cotto, when he isn't.

Secondly, I just don't like his style of fighting, particularly his flurries which usually don't have much on them, and then he quikcly moves out again (I think Garcia's dad did a pretty good impression), all of which smacks of style over substance. I haven't seen much of his brother, although I've heard he is starting at a much lower weight. Hopefully he won't do a "Muzzy".

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ???? Empty Re: Haroon Khan - Over before it's started ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

In fairness to Khan he comes to fight.......but my pet peeve is that the whole ppv thing (remember he was ppv pre-title and not even the golden boy had that status) was based on his ethnicity to a certain extent!! and fairplay...

but then he used the race thing as a reason for going to America because he wasn't respected etc...

can't have it both ways kiddo..

Just feel we are in for Khan mark 2.......and one is enough......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:32 pm

Hopeuflly not...but it is merely a case of being tarred with the same brush. Like when you start high school and your siblings antics cause you to get summoned to the headmasters' study at the drop of a hat!

I've not seen Haroon fight so will spare him any harsh words till I see him make his debut! Good luck to him tbh he'll flipping well need it with all these armchair fans around to give him a hard time.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:33 pm

But the fact he's being managed by bro...tends to suggest he'll be a chip, right???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:39 pm

Not necessarily, don't see how he could have gone anywhere else to be managed, your not going to turn down your brothers' offer. We'll see but from what I've seen in interviews (where he's joined Amir) he came across as quieter

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:40 pm

His brother will tell him that b******t sells..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:50 pm

I don't think you've even heard him speak Truss, like when you thought Donaire couldn't speak English well Whistle

He comes across as a bit more shy and a nice guy.

Also - over before it's started? Hate and controversy sells more than anything anyway, everyone will tune in because of who he is.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 9:54 pm

When did I say Donaire couldn't speak English??? I might have said you couldn't though.....

He might come across as shy now......

Hate and controversy might sell......but familiarity breeds contempt......

People have heard enough already from bro...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:00 pm

You said along the lines of Donaire could be big but the language barrier could be a factor. To which I preceded to take the mickey out of you for clearly not ever hearing him speak, considering he speaks better English than you.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:04 pm

Older brother khan isn't really an advert for the language either. Don't like either of them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:05 pm

Don't remeber that Alex.....but maybe you're right...

There is a first time for everything...

Agreed lumbering.....Like it or not...Haroon will be tarred before he's started..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:13 pm

Personality wise, I'm not a huge fan of Khan, but I dont' think he's the devil he's often portayed as, however I'm not too fussed about his personality, he brings exciting fights nearly every time. Can't complain, he's great for boxing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

I did say he comes to fight......

I just don't like his lack of class.....something his fans tend to share..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:19 pm

Doesn't matter too much, as it would shift tickets regardless, especially given the platform Amir has given him. Much like Ricky gave to Matthew Hatton. Matthew wouldn't be half as well known if he wasn't Ricky's brother.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:21 pm

do you think????

Not sure Mathew Hatton is all that marketable..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:23 pm

Hattons last fight wasn't even on tv.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

He's been in plenty of decent sized fights especially for someone who is about Euro level and that's being kind. He's well known over here, and only got the shot at Alvarez because he had the name Hatton.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:26 pm

He's been in decent sized fights as the OPPONENT!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm

Maybe people don't like khan because he ran someone over through a red light.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

Or his overuse of the word 'we'.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

He's only ever gotten those chances as the opponent because of his name though, because he's relatively well known, due to him being Ricky's brother.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

If it was amber.........he'd be alright!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

Maybe you have a point Alex...but he has no great marketability.....

and Hatton was less controversial..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

"We know we made a mistake"

"We shouldn't have overlooked the opponent"

It does become irritating.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:35 pm

He doesn't have a great amount of marketability, certainly not anymore, however Matthew has a decent sized name considering what he has actually achieved and how good he is. He's been given more opportunities and has a bigger name than most fighters who are at his level, and it's just due to him having a really famous, genuinely good boxing brother.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

Think you maybe selling him short a little....Mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:44 pm

What has he ever done to suggest he's even fringe world level, Euro level at his very best in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 03 Nov 2012, 4:53 am

love how this has actually turned into a Matthew Hatton debate

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 12:00 pm

What a moronic OP!

Of course if everyone had the same attitude of judging by association (not that I think there's much wrong with Amir in the first place) then he most definitely will not be given a fair chance.

'Just feel we are in for Khan mark 2'

YOU clearly have already made up your mind but then again I'm hardly surprised given your previous spoutings on all and sundry.

Personally, I believe everyone is entitled to a fair shot regardless of who they may be related to. Unfortunately, in reality, many people have preconceived notions and will use any circumstantial, or otherwise, 'evidence' to fit that paradigm.

It only serves to highlight and compound their own ignorance.

ghost

emancipator - may the serve be with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 03 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

I'll judge him on his own merits, both in the ring and attitude-wise, simply because doing anything else would be a bit stupid.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 2:29 pm

The kid will go the same way in terms of class as his money grabbing family. Lets hope Molina can finish the short but exciting (due to flaws in chin and ability) career of the Khans.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 03 Nov 2012, 3:28 pm

Seems ridiculous to judge the guy so harshly on the basis that his big brother is a bit annoying sometimes. Khan hardly warrants the kind of hatred levels that it would take to tar his younger brother with a negative public persona before he's really had a chance to do anything in the professional boxing world.

Az will be here shortly.....

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 03 Nov 2012, 3:31 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:The kid will go the same way in terms of class as his money grabbing family. Lets hope Molina can finish the short but exciting (due to flaws in chin and ability) career of the Khans.

This seems like an outrageous level of hatred to be leveled at someone that hasn't done anything particularly terrible. He's just a bit annoying at times, that's all.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 03 Nov 2012, 3:48 pm

Onetwos got something against Khan - yesterday he wished Khan would get "Duk Koo Kimmed" and then claimed it as a joke when challenged. Apparently with no malice behind it Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 3:52 pm

Stupid OP and stupid thread. People don't like either of them already. Issues galore. Nothing further to add.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

I have nothing against Khan

Az you have a serious problem. Khan is a very good offensive boxer when facing old guys and fighters with no power. He has never beaten a real live opponant. Maidana beat him IMO but Khan did well to hold on for dear life to win the fight.

Who else has Khan beat?

Judah - shot
Malignaggi - weak fisted
Barerra - Lets not even go there disgraceful fight

How can he proclaim himself KING?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 4:52 pm

Hahaha. I have a problem? You were the one who wanted Khan killed in a fight and you say I have a problem. Mate, you have issues and you know exactly what they are.

Naz called himself Prince. Guess what, he wasn't a real prince.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

azania wrote:Hahaha. I have a problem? You were the one who wanted Khan killed in a fight and you say I have a problem. Mate, you have issues and you know exactly what they are.

i made a joke that was ill conceived. I am only human and make mistakes. I changed my comment after I realised what I had done.
I do not know what problem you are are alluding to but it is not what you think. I love all humans and Asian people.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:26 pm

You wanted another boxer to get killed. I can't see how you can make a joke out of it unless you are a sick individual. And you have the gall to be hating on someone else and claiming others have a problem. Those in greenhouses and all that. See a shrink mate.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:28 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
azania wrote:Hahaha. I have a problem? You were the one who wanted Khan killed in a fight and you say I have a problem. Mate, you have issues and you know exactly what they are.

i made a joke that was ill conceived. I am only human and make mistakes. I changed my comment after I realised what I had done.
I do not know what problem you are are alluding to but it is not what you think. I love all humans and Asian people.

Oh the irony.. not expecting you to understand, sadly

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:29 pm

He wont understand. Some of his best friends are Asians no doubt.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:30 pm

Why see a shrink?

I am not the 1 who is easily emotionally effected on an internet forum.
If anyone needs a check up from the neck up its you assania.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

Got some sort of crusade aye assania.

Lets talk boxing and PACK in all the hatred for people who disagree with you.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:34 pm

Hahaha. Nice change of my username there son. Never emotional. Not enough to wish anyone dead anyway. Not that is an emotional sickness.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:36 pm

Wonderful. Finally said what's on your mind. Mate you have issues. I have no hatred for you onetwo. Pity yes, but certainly no hatred. Talk boxing if you know what boxing is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

azania wrote:Wonderful. Finally said what's on your mind. Mate you have issues. I have no hatred for you onetwo. Pity yes, but certainly no hatred. Talk boxing if you know what boxing is.

know it inside and out.

Have no issues apart from money. If you want to accuse me of being a hater of a certain type of people then go ahead. Just because I am not impressed by Khan highlighting a mans affliction as an excuse for his losses does not make me a hater of a whole entire race of people.

You live in SA so I guess you have your own issues but here in blighty we except everyone as long as they abide by the rules of our nation

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 03 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

azania wrote:Wonderful. Finally said what's on your mind. Mate you have issues. I have no hatred for you onetwo. Pity yes, but certainly no hatred. Talk boxing if you know what boxing is.

know it inside and out.

Have no issues apart from money. If you want to accuse me of being a hater of a certain type of people then go ahead. Just because I am not impressed by Khan highlighting a mans affliction as an excuse for his losses does not make me a hater of a whole entire race of people.

You live in SA so I guess you have your own issues but here in blighty we except everyone as long as they abide by the rules of our nation

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 6:01 pm

I'm in London. Great city with weird and wonderful people. Some stupid, some not. Some accept all but some want a certain minority to die in a boxing ring. I'm sure you will agree that those type of people should not be urinated on if on fire.

Once again for the stupid, on the thread you made your sick comment, Khan clearly stated that he took full responsibility for his loses. But seeing you fail to understand what he wrote even though it was in plain English, I have to question the quality of education you received. Or is your hatred simply blind?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 6:14 pm

Azania, I reckon it's probably more the latter, given how fond he is of just completely making things up.

No doubt the former is also an issue.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next