The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION

5 posters

Go down

VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION Empty VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION

Post by bhb001 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:10 am

This is old news I know, as the election was the 28th October. However, I only asked Uncle Google about it today, so I am slow off the mark. Give that (and apologies if this topic has already been done), does Vitali fight again and against who? I know lots of people want to see him fight Haye, but could another contender slip in there while Haye is tucking into kangaroo testicles!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION Empty Re: VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:20 am

I'm sure he said his boxing career depended on his political success. As he's not been elected then I guess he'll have one more fight at least?

Could you imagine how peeved Haye would be if he came out of the jungle and Vitali had signed to fight someone else and said "sorry haye I tried to call but you were unavailable"!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION Empty Re: VITALI KLITSCHKO THIRD IN THE UKRANIAN ELECTION

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:26 am

The lengths some people will go to to avoid Haye. Is difficult to know what he will do next, he has obviously not won the election but as a new party standing in their first election this was never likely. However they have received enough of the vote to perhaps convince him that the party has a future and enough support to perhaps succeed further down the line. Given this and the lack of particularly exciting challenges out there for him he may think it is worth devoting more of his time and energies to, am not sure anyone could really blame him at the wrong side of forty.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:28 am

I read somewhere that the winner of Fury / Johnson will face the winner of Mitchell / Banks for the right to face Haye for the vacated WBC title late next year.

Might be nonsense though.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:02 am

Haye will fight Vitali next April or May....Vegas (amazingly), Germany & Stamford Bridge are the venues being considered & it is likely to be both fighters final fight.

Whilst Vitali only came 3rd in the elections the party did win enough votes for him to consider uniting with the rival party which came 2nd, if they do that then they would hold a high enough percentage to have considerable power within the Ukraine Parliament..I believe this is what he is hoping to do off the back of the elections.

So yes...basically he will fight again and it will be against a possible Celebrity Jungle King!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Nov 2012, 10:29 am

Could you imagine how peeved Haye would be if he came out of the jungle and Vitali had signed to fight someone else and said "sorry haye I tried to call but you were unavailable"!
"WHADDYA MEAN YOU TRIED TO CALL?!?!?! Ant and Dec have been giving out these numbers every five minutes and they pop in every day to see us. Surely they'd have passed on a message. I don't believe you tried to call me, you big fibber. Anyway, I'll fight you but only after I've played Eric Bristow at darts...and then Phil Taylor, John Lowe, Cliff Lazarenko and then Eric again. Bloody slave contracts!"

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:09 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Haye will fight Vitali next April or May....Vegas (amazingly), Germany & Stamford Bridge are the venues being considered & it is likely to be both fighters final fight.

Whilst Vitali only came 3rd in the elections the party did win enough votes for him to consider uniting with the rival party which came 2nd, if they do that then they would hold a high enough percentage to have considerable power within the Ukraine Parliament..I believe this is what he is hoping to do off the back of the elections.

So yes...basically he will fight again and it will be against a possible Celebrity Jungle King!

Cheers for that Owen and I appreciate the insight. I would like the Haye fight to come off, although I do not think he deserves it. But there are many a slip between cup and lip, so I expect lots of things to change in the next few months.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 14 Nov 2012, 12:11 pm

No problem bhb001 ... I can't see to many things getting in the way to be honest.

Obviously with the wranglings which occured with the contracts prior to his Wladamir match up people will be sceptical until they are stood in the ring..however..

From what I have heard from sources within the contracts are already drawn up in principle..Haye has agreed to the purse split & a rematch with Wladamir should he get past Vitali.

All that remains is for the venue to be decided as this will affect the date of the bout and also will have an affect on the actual purse (From what I understand the purse percentages also change depending on where the contest is held....figure this will be becauise of changes in projected PPV buys etc) .

So all that is required is for Vitali to sign on the dotted line...which is expected to occure onceh has fulfilled his political duties i.e. sworn into parliament & held meetingsfor coalition with the other party.

Given that the sources I have this from are the ones who informed me of Morales failed test a fair few hours before it broke & Martinez next fight against Murray I have faith in this being correct!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down