The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt?

5 posters

Go down

Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt? Empty Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt?

Post by Lyn2012 Sun 18 Nov 2012, 1:08 pm

I am fed up of English players not being selected to play for England. There I have said it. Yes Manu Tuilagi is the best centre in England, and I guess if it's allowed then having him makes sense. Dylan Hartley also falls into that category. What I can't stand (other than the selection of the awful, awful Owen Farrell) is the 5 average player listed in the articles title being selected over English players who are as good.

Ben Morgan should have been playing 8
Turner-Hall, Allen, Joel Tomikins J Joseph, Trinder, Twelvetrees all could play centre
Botha is rubbish

How can you play New Zealand with Waldrom at 8? It sends out so many bad signals and the same with discarded South Africans.

Lyn2012

Back to top Go down

Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt? Empty Re: Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt?

Post by Knackeredknees Sun 18 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

0/10 for originality
3/10 for effort

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt? Empty Re: Why do England need Botha, Waldrom, Barritt?

Post by EnglishReign Sun 18 Nov 2012, 3:18 pm

To be fair, I agree. We have better options that are English, don't really get it.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyn2012 Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

It's not an anti England thing at all. I think England have some really interesting options, who are better rugby players than some of the imports.

Lyn2012

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm

it is indeed concerning, scotland are steadily moving towards the imports market when we are struggling with grassroots talent, we really need to spend more money on that for long-term gain!

Have to say I do agree with you that England have better options but then again I don't think Lancaster is a very good coach

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:56 pm

Why single out foriegn born players? One could argue that they are leaving
out perfectly good saffers for crud englishmen.
The thing is those selecting these players are selecting them because they believe they are the best ones available for the game plan they have.
Theres no mysterious agenda here, the answer is pretty obvious. Why would a coach select a player : Because he deems him to be the best option available.

Pretty obvious attempt to stir up some anti-English anti-Qualifed players bashing to pass the time. That you cant even count past two doesnt help the tone of the article.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down