The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager.

+7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
Duty281
Good Golly I'm Olly
compelling and rich
GSC
11 posters

Go down

Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager. Empty Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager.

Post by GSC Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:37 pm

Felt he would keep them up with time for the squad to gel but results have done him in it seems.

Redknapp an obvious candidate for any PL job with money. Owen Coyle had Bolton playing for a season before finances cost him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager. Empty Re: Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager.

Post by compelling and rich Mon 19 Nov 2012, 7:59 pm

dont think anybody can be suprised he's simply not been good enough, signings need to gel yes, but when you have lumped so much monay at players relegation would be disastrous!! after all they have been all his signings

redknapp is the obviuos choice, he's worked in london beforem and is a great wheely dealer with players something which qpr could have done before giving sparky all the money

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager. Empty Re: Mark Hughes reportedly sacked as QPR manager.

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:00 pm

I think QPR are in a lose-lose situation. They have spent soooo much money and allowed Hughes to build his own squad, so I think they should let him run it for a little longer yet, but the fans want him gone especially after what they did to Warnock. And Hughes has been a lot worse than Warnock was
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:27 pm

bbc website just put:

A quick update on the future of QPR boss Mark Hughes. There are lots of rumours tonight suggesting that he has been sacked but Kia Joorabchian, an advisor to the Rangers boss, has insisted to the BBC that Hughes remains in charge at Loftus Road

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

Harry Redknapp is about to ride in on his white horse!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

I doubt it he'd need a window to be interviewed at OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 19 Nov 2012, 10:55 pm

Hughes has to go end off. Bottom of the league 4 points losing to one of the worst sides in the league and getting completely outplayed. Bring Harry in and QPR will shoot up the league.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:41 am

compelling and rich wrote:redknapp is the obviuos choice, he's worked in london beforem and is a great wheely dealer..........

I wouldn't say that to his face!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/839666-harry-redknapp-takes-offence-at-spurs-wheeler-dealer-tag-in-interview

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Fri 23 Nov 2012, 3:04 pm

When Mark Hughes took over last January, QPR were in 17th and 1 point ahead of Bolton.

They finished in 17th, 1 point ahead of Bolton and olny stayed up because Bolton failed to beat Stoke. I was disappointed too take with seconds to go against Man City and leading 2-1 we couldn't see the game out. Them last few minutes could have cost us our Premier League place.

Hughes has had 34 games in charge and there has been no sign of any development. The defence has not been tightened, we have bought too many old players who don't seem interested and we have no shape to the team.

I also find the timing of the sacking strange, a day before a game? Why not sack him last weekend? Or ideally before we played the likes of Reading, Stoke and Southampton.

It looks like Harry Redknapp will come in, interestingly he let Taarabt and Zamora go at Spurs, and hopefully the likes of Crouch and Dawson could follow in January.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 23 Nov 2012, 3:24 pm

Redknapp is 1/33 on with the bookies to take over , although i personally think he would be mad to take it on .

On a side note why do managers like Mark Hughes keep getting jobs ? his record isn't very good at any club he's managed yet he keeps getting employed .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 23 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

Kenny wrote:Redknapp is 1/33 on with the bookies to take over , although i personally think he would be mad to take it on .

On a side note why do managers like Mark Hughes keep getting jobs ? his record isn't very good at any club he's managed yet he keeps getting employed .

When you look at his resume it paints a different picture. He did very well at Blackburn, moved to Man City where he was hit and miss (some feel he was sacked too early), then spent a season at Fulham and got them to a respectable 8th place finish.

His record prior to QPR was fairly good I'd say.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

He did alright with Wales, Blackburn and Fulham. QPR and Manchester City are his only bad records.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 23 Nov 2012, 3:58 pm

Not sure i agree , but thats whats good about opinions everyones got one
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 23 Nov 2012, 4:37 pm

BBC reporting Redknapp is due for talks with QPR.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 23 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

I agree with Mark Hughes getting sacked but i cant understand why they have done it Friday afternoon. Why not do it Saturday night? and allow whoever takes over or even a caretaker a week to prepare for what is one of the hardest games of the season.

Harry should get the job. With the squad QPR have he could easily get them moving up the league. If he can add a few faces in, in January then QPR will be fine this season and can be build for next season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:46 pm

The cynic in me thinks that they didn't want to tarnish Redknapp's start with the likely loss against United.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down