The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leigh Halfpenny and George North

+2
Morgannwg
Lyn2012
6 posters

Go down

Leigh Halfpenny and George North Empty Leigh Halfpenny and George North

Post by Lyn2012 Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 pm

These two guys are being played out of position.

Leigh Halfpenny is a winger.
George North is a centre.

All North wants to do is hit the line hard. He isn't a speedster and if he could get offloads a la the Ireland game in the 6N he could be a handy centre. Wales need to put Halfepenny on the wing because his defence at full back isn't great and he does not cut the line at angles.

Lyn2012

Back to top Go down

Leigh Halfpenny and George North Empty Re: Leigh Halfpenny and George North

Post by Morgannwg Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Agree, but they're also good in the current positions that they are being played in. I think North is a season or two away from moving infield, but wing was always Halfpenny's regular positon.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 pm

JD2 is back. May happen in future when Davies or Roberts are unavailable.

All North needs is the ball in space or at speed. I would say Cuthbert is the better finisher this season.

Halfpenny is a wing I agree with that. Bring Byrne back or develop Liam Williams.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 pm

I don't get why North is a centre all of a sudden, I made a suggestion earlier this year that North should be tried at centre when Roberts was injured and I was told emphatically that I am off my rocker, He is a wing.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:06 pm

When I first saw George North play I just thought he was a talented kid who had good feet, power and pace.

Since the world cup warm up games however its evident that he is learning quickly, and is expanding his skill set, he has potential to fit into the outside centre role, but not yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Jamie was a full back who's now a centre, 1/2p was a wing who's now a full back and Priestland was an outside half before he became a complete Shoite house - It's funny how players evolve thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I just don't see it.

Very difficult position to play. North doesn't look like that sort of winger, to play 13 requires a lot of intelligence, a real rugby brain is needed. Perhaps in a few years but Wales have better options there and he is best utilised at wing. His defence needs to improve no end.

In terms of halfpenny at 15. His size doesn't help, a little on the small size which is dangerous for your last line. Attack wise he's been a little poor, offers very little. In terms of the lions I'd put Kearney and Foden ahead of him at the moment if fit. Haven't seen Byrne this season but he looked good in last years HC, why is he being ignored? Injured, lack of form or fallen out with selectors?

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Well we aren't so lucky, Os (ox) du Randt started as an ox, and well he turned into an Oshkosh, really not too much evolution there, eh? Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm

1/2 P bulked up a season or two ago and lost some pace, he's not a winger IMO - In reality why aren't these guys interchanging in the middle of a game anyways - North used to come into the line and Wales would really mix it up just as that try v Ireland in the 6 Nations - They're all now scared to move - Fxxxing Howley mad

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down