The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!!

+12
samuraidragon
Seagultaf
majesticimperialman
Lyn2012
maestegmafia
Luckless Pedestrian
thebluesmancometh
dragonbreath
flyhalffactory
LondonTiger
ScarletSpiderman
RogerLewis
16 posters

Go down

Hook or Priestland?

Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Vote_lcap55%Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 12 ]
Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Vote_lcap45%Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 22

Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Empty Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!!

Post by RogerLewis Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

Not even lambs to the slaughter, this will be blind and deaf one day old puppies chucked into the canal in a bag of rocks.

PRIESTLAND. Why? There is no justification
NO TIPURIC? It gets more bizzare.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Empty Re: Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:45 pm

To be honest it is not a major suprise, they have gone with more or less the team that won the GS, and are hoping that they will be able to lift their game. Whether it is the right decision or not is arguable, but their logic makes sence.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!! Empty Re: Wales management make dumbest selections to date!!!

Post by LondonTiger Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:50 pm

As Gatland is back in charge I guess howley is off the hook for this selection?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:51 pm

RogerLewis wrote:Not even lambs to the slaughter, this will be blind and deaf one day old puppies chucked into the canal in a bag of rocks.

Can you give us your view on why the above two shouldnt or should play? (no one liners about FORM because Tuperic didnt have a good game last week)
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:27 pm

RogerLewis wrote:Not even lambs to the slaughter, this will be blind and deaf one day old puppies chucked into the canal in a bag of rocks.

The mental picture I had was of a large man in a black shirt battering seal cubs with a club.

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:36 pm

I disagree this time, I slated the first selection, and then the 2nd (most of you claimed the Samoa selection was bang on BTW) but this selection makes much more sense!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I disagree this time, I slated the first selection, and then the 2nd (most of you claimed the Samoa selection was bang on BTW) but this selection makes much more sense!!

To be honest this is pretty much the team we have been expecting, bar Ryan Jones and Jarvis (an they are in for injured players) this is the team that won the GS. I appreciate that there have been blips in form etc, but most people would have settled for this side at the start ofhte AIs and argued they could push to win three or even four games. The lack of performance in the last few games has cause some folk to just disregard whatever team we feild. LEts face it we could feild the same team as NZ (clones, obviously) and people would be here saying we are going to get destroyed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

I voted for Rhys Priestland. It looks like a few other have, too.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

SS

IMHO I wouldn't have picked half of these players, but then a fair few of them wouldn't be in my squad.

The Argentina selection was all wrong, numerous players shouldn't have been called up in the first place.

Then it was unfair on 8 players to get their shot V Samoa Hibbard/Biggar/Tipuric etc all clearly should've played v Argentina!

Now it comes to NZ and we revert back to the closest thing we could to the GS team, which makes sense. But these players have only 1 int game under their belts in months.

I get the feeling Gatland is trying to select ala NZ, rotating players etc, but NZ have been playing int rugby for months, they have to rotate and can get away with it, we can't and our players need the gametime together!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 20 Nov 2012, 2:56 pm

LondonTiger wrote:As Gatland is back in charge I guess howley is off the hook for this selection?

Gatland was involved with selection for the last teams.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyn2012 Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

I voted for Priestland because it was him or Hook. Reminded me of a general election or two, when after wondered if I should have just not vote at all. I was hoping they'd replace and injured Biggar with Henson but there we are...

Lyn2012

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:10 pm

Is Priestland the only 10 in Wales? I know they have Hook. But why is Priestland first choice?

Regarding your choice Priestland or Hook at 10? I wouldnt have either of them.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

No arguments on that selection. I agree that none of Wales 10s are playing well, but they are also getting rubbish ball. At the moment Priestland is the best of a poor bunch.

The game will be won and lost at forward and the defence. Two aspects that have been the cause of Wales defeats since the Grand Slam.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

I'd say that Priestland is the third of the three on club form. At international level he's the first of one, since he has monopolized the shirt for the past year.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 20 Nov 2012, 9:56 pm

With Biggar injured it was always going to be Priestland and IMO Hook has never convinced me anyway.

Warburton was always going to play if fit and Tipuric didn;t have a good game but thenagain who did.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:30 pm

Priestland has never convinced me he was international class, now against DC & gang I actually fear for him. Hook has a bunch of MoM performances behind him and plenty of tries too. He'll be back, but not under this coaching team. In the meantime he'd be better off sunning himself in France.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:06 pm

Priestland must have some seriously incriminating photos of Gatland and Howley.

It's the only possible explanation.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by jammoboss Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:01 am

Casartelli wrote:Priestland must have some seriously incriminating photos of Gatland and Howley.

lol that's a good one Very Happy . I personally would consider Stephen Jones to come back for these last two games, cant be worst than Preistland.

jammoboss

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:35 am

jammoboss wrote:
Casartelli wrote:Priestland must have some seriously incriminating photos of Gatland and Howley.

lol that's a good one Very Happy . I personally would consider Stephen Jones to come back for these last two games, cant be worst than Preistland.

SJ is currently injured should be back next week ...........for Wasps.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:01 am

samuraidragon wrote:Hook has a bunch of MoM performances behind him and plenty of tries too.

Yes, but how far behind him?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:38 am

Several years behind, obviously. It couldn't be otherwise as he's only had 2 Wales starts at 10 - dire ones in the WC, but the sainted Wellies wasn't much better - in the last four years!

Incidentally, RP was direr vs. England this spring, but we won that game so there was no blame-gaming afterwards.

To me, the continuing selection of off-form RP tells us 2 things -

A) for some players it's harder NOT to get picked these days

B) RP fits the gameplan - he obeys orders, which are to ship out to the big bosh-ballers outside him as fast as possible , interspersed with the odd long kick to the opposition back 3. This is our main tactic, and it ain't going to change under this coaching team.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:39 am

we need Arwel Thomas!!

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:43 am

RogerLewis wrote:we need Arwel Thomas!!

I frankly think it's time for Jiffy to strap on his boots again.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down