The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs

5 posters

Go down

Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs Empty Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:33 pm

As the only two lads in the Welsh team to have beaten the All Blacks, maybe Halfpenny and Roberts can inspire what is needed. Wales are decimated by injuries but still put out a team 75% of which almost made the RWC final vs the All blacks almost 13 months ago. Though 95% of that team seem to be unable to rouse themselves from their regional slumber to create anything resembling the fantastic rugby they let us all rejoice to last year.

It is the Grand Slam Champions vs the Rugby Championship Winners, the RWC Final that could have been, but it would be a huge surprise to see even a glimmer of an even contest unless a miraculous boot has kicked some down trodden welsh Butt in the last seven days.

This Welsh team is out of sorts, the regions most the team play for are under-acheivers and the organisation of the game in Wales is under-dispute.

So Carters out, but Cruden is in good form, Gatlands back, Wales in form winger George North is out, its been nearly 60 years since I last saw (heard on the wireless) the All Blacks lose in Cardiff.

It would be a blwdi miracle to see it again this weekend.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs Empty Re: Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

Other's may also call you up on this, but when did Halfpenny and Roberts beat the All Blacks? They definitely weren't part of any Sevens or Junior team to beat the All Blacks if I remember rightly so I can't think where you have got this from?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs Empty Re: Will Halfpenny and Roberts be an inspiration vs the ABs

Post by Cyril Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:37 pm

They were playing for the Barbarians.

Still 75% of the side nearly got to a final. Use that in the team talk. Rousing stuff.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

I remember Roberts playing in a game now. I can't remember Halfpenny playing for the baa-baa's though. And to answer your question maes, they are beatable but no.

Sad
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

Just can't see us doing anything of note, gutted, but you just can't hit form when you choose.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

Maybe the lifting of expectation as huge underdogs for this match might help?

Or the results going their way in the matches before ours.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:49 pm

Andy Powell played in that side that beat the All Blacks too! Maybe they should draft him to do a team talk on Saturday Wink

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

Marcus hes playing very well in a poor sale team... Might not be to ridiculous an idea.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:54 pm

I was going to ask how he was playing actually - having not seen Sale at all this year. I always had a soft spot for him - remember that one incredible autumn he had?

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:54 pm

Baa-Baas had Matt Giteau playing at 10.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 9:59 pm

MarcusHalberstram wrote:I was going to ask how he was playing actually - having not seen Sale at all this year. I always had a soft spot for him - remember that one incredible autumn he had?
Short lived...! Always seemed a very likeable bloke...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 22 Nov 2012, 10:16 pm

Claims of it being the spirit of '73 were a touch out of place, there were three Welshman no English, Irish or Scots... The 73 team was practically a Lions XV no antipodeans.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/dec/05/barbarians-new-zealand-rugby-union-twickenham

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down