The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates

5 posters

Go down

Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates Empty Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/23/arsenal-agree-new-150m-deal-emirates

Arsenal have announced a £150m extension of their sponsorship deal with Emirates Airlines. As part of the new package, Emirates will continue with naming rights on the club's 60,000-seat stadium at Ashburton Grove until 2028.

The £30m-a-year contract represents a significant increase in revenue. Arsenal's chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, said he believes the move shows the club's intent to "keep at the top of the game in England and Europe".

"This agreement is a testimony to Arsenal's approach and to the capabilities we have developed in recent years as well as the strength of our partnership with Emirates," he said. "The original deal with Emirates was a key facilitator of our move from Highbury and this next phase of our relationship will be just as critical to keep us at the top of the game in England and Europe.

Well this deal is much better than the previous deal (which I believe was something like £5m a season) and should give us a much better platform to compete with the United's, Chelseas and Citey's of this world. This money, and the dramatically reduced stadium debt should see us having a lot more money to invest and freedom to spend in the next few seasons.

However I can't help feeling it could have been higher, as I'm sure that I heard Liverpool had a deal of around £50m a season, and you'd feel that Arsenal should be looking to both expand, and demand as much as possible from each of their potential deals.

Either way though it's good news - though probably won't affect much until next season.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates Empty Re: Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 23 Nov 2012, 6:17 pm

Considering Emirates have extended the naming rights extended till 2028, I tend to agree with you that they've got a good deal out of this.

I read that Liverpool's deal with Standard Chartered is less than ours, but when you take into account the kit manufacturers deal with Warrior Sport, you get the £50m figure.

There's also been a lot of talk that Adidas will take over as Arsenal's kit designer, for about £20 - £25m a year, which will further boost the coffers.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates Empty Re: Arsenal Agree £150m Stadium and Shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 23 Nov 2012, 9:06 pm

Thats good news about adidas as well. The money will significantly improve our chances of on field success. But also i havent thought much of the nike kits

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 23 Nov 2012, 9:34 pm

Well I hope this does get us some more money for players. Structurally now the club looks to be on much stronger footing. I hope however that we have an out in this clause where we can renegotiate after a few years, because as these things tend to do the price only goes up with time and in 10 years from now 30 million pound a year isn't going to be that great of a deal.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:25 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/23/arsenal-agree-new-150m-deal-emirates

Arsenal have announced a £150m extension of their sponsorship deal with Emirates Airlines. As part of the new package, Emirates will continue with naming rights on the club's 60,000-seat stadium at Ashburton Grove until 2028.

The £30m-a-year contract represents a significant increase in revenue. Arsenal's chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, said he believes the move shows the club's intent to "keep at the top of the game in England and Europe".

"This agreement is a testimony to Arsenal's approach and to the capabilities we have developed in recent years as well as the strength of our partnership with Emirates," he said. "The original deal with Emirates was a key facilitator of our move from Highbury and this next phase of our relationship will be just as critical to keep us at the top of the game in England and Europe.

Well this deal is much better than the previous deal (which I believe was something like £5m a season) and should give us a much better platform to compete with the United's, Chelseas and Citey's of this world. This money, and the dramatically reduced stadium debt should see us having a lot more money to invest and freedom to spend in the next few seasons.

However I can't help feeling it could have been higher, as I'm sure that I heard Liverpool had a deal of around £50m a season, and you'd feel that Arsenal should be looking to both expand, and demand as much as possible from each of their potential deals.

Either way though it's good news - though probably won't affect much until next season.

Thats good news for Arsenal and to be honest, I think its a good deal, considering that Emirates could have kept the old deal going until the end, its worked out well for Arsenal. Plus with your new kit deal, things look on the up thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:01 pm

I think we could have gotten more tbh - but with the adidas deal we'll b looking at £55m a year which should make a huge difference. But the shirt deal was coming to an end any way and has been renegotiated while the stadium deal was comin to end in 2019 but we've basically given them and extra 7 years, til 2028 for free

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:52 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I think we could have gotten more tbh - but with the adidas deal we'll b looking at £55m a year which should make a huge difference. But the shirt deal was coming to an end any way and has been renegotiated while the stadium deal was comin to end in 2019 but we've basically given them and extra 7 years, til 2028 for free

I suppose so, but as they say, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!

Arsenal have been scrapping by since the construction of the Emirates Stadium so any extra income is a bonus. Whether that will be invested in the playing squad remains to be seen, but I see Arsenal making the top 4 again this season.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:36 pm

I reckon it will be invested as they've said they requested the payments to be brought forward so they have the money now instead of starting next season

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 01 Dec 2012, 12:35 pm

decent deal for arsernal there!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down