The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc....

+80
eirebilly
Cowshot
Armchairexpert
thomh
HammerofThunor
freeman lowell
AlastairW
WelshinEdinburgh
GLove39
George Carlin
BristolDave
Pal Joey
ospreysboyo
littleswannygirl
LeinsterFan4life
Pot Hale
Dave.
BamBam
ALPanorak
asoreleftshoulder
LuvSports!
Mad for Chelsea
Hood83
hawalsh
nathan
Knackeredknees
kiakahaaotearoa
captainrapido
TJ1
RubyGuby
beshocked
Effervescing Elephant
hugehandoff
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Scrumpy
tatterd
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
lostinwales
Alex_Germany
Omelette
ultra
aucklandlaurie
aitchw
Cumbrian
Portnoy's Complaint
doctor_grey
emack2
dublin_dave
disneychilly
Bathman_in_London
bluestonevedder
yappysnap
andyi
Chjw131
gregortree
damage_13
mystiroakey
Ozzy3213
maestegmafia
Taylorman
sirtidychris
Big
blackcanelion
GavinDragon
EnglishReign
sickofwendy
fa0019
kingjohn7
Barney McGrew did it
nobbled
OzT
majesticimperialman
Morgannwg
LondonTiger
Duty281
screamingaddabs
Geordie
Biltong
Cyril
HERSH
84 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Who will win and by how much?

The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap18%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 10 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap0%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap19%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 11 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap0%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap4%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap25%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 14 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap23%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 13 ]
The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_lcap11%The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 57

The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Empty The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc....

Post by HERSH Fri 23 Nov 2012, 11:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Feel free to discuss this game and any other aspect involving the England Rugby team good or bad as your opinions count and you won't be judged (by me) if you go against England, but do try to give a reason!

Please respect other posters opinions

Game 1: Eng v Fiji 54-12 World class performance.
Game 2: Eng v Aus 14-20 We was robbed, by ourselves.
Game 3: Eng v SA 15-16 We was robbed, by our Captain this time.
Game 4: Eng v NZ ??-??

Last edited by HERSH on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Empty Re: The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc....

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 02 Dec 2012, 8:39 pm

Duty

Oh then Ive misread, my apologies. In that case of course theres a chance of a GS, but then Ireland and France will think exactly the same don't you think, heck even wa... I couldn't even finish writing that Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc.... - Page 11 Empty Re: The Original - England v All Blacks - KO 14:30 Sat 1st DEC at HQ - Match Thread/Build Up etc....

Post by doctor_grey Sun 02 Dec 2012, 8:42 pm

Duty281 wrote:Let's see how next year goes before we start talking about the World Cup.......
Exactly!
The World Cup is two and a half years away. An awful lot can happen in that amount of time, and usually does. But the All Black match ends 2012 on a real high note for England, and with a palpable sense of optimism. The key for England is to start the Six Nations playing at the same level and then find a way to raise the bar further. Simple to write and hard to do. But thats what England need to do to be considered a serious contender.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Dec 2012, 8:42 pm

How did you misread what he said.. just admit it you gone bacrazy.

Concourse England have chance at gs. . Nothing wrong with saying that.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:47 am

Now that I have just about dried out afterwards, a few thoughts on the game.
The pack were brilliant, Robshaw was unlucky not to get MOM I thought, him and Wood worked very well together. As a unit the pack rucked aggressively, carried well and drove NZ back, sucking in defenders and leaving space for the backs to exploit.

I honestly think thats the first time I've seen Barritt make a break like that, lets have a few more please! I'm still not happy with Ashton in defence, fine he scored a try and got his picture in the papers for doing a swan dive, but he needs to sharpen up his all round game I think.

No point in repeating what others have said but if England can play with that sort of intensity and aggresive defence, they will be hard for anyone to beat.

It was also an even better day for me as I was there with my family, the three lads and the old man, going crazy together. Lets hope we dont have to wait another 10 years to see them beat NZ again!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 03 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

Ashton still bugs me to be honest, his defence is a joke, how many chances has he blown this autumn by his poor handling and when he finally has a chance to score he does that silly finger waving and dive which I’m sure will backfire on him and England one day.
He needs to realise it’s not all about him.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 03 Dec 2012, 5:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod8aZzmRWE

For your viewing pleasure - if you're English anyway!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 11:59 pm

So then now the dust has settled , is England no longer in a "transition/building/any excuse to fill the gap"?

Can we finally put to bed the spin words?
And when Wales put England to the sword in the upcoming six nations, can you English fans just take the loss?

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 06 Dec 2012, 3:39 pm

Don't worry View,
England rose fans know how to take a loss like men, without getting all neurotic about it. Keep calm carry on. We hope you can cope too.

Rudyard Kipling was the original English rugby fan who wrote a poem about victory & defeat, which keeps us all so well grounded to this day.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu 06 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm

If the Welsh think they are going to need swords then things are definitely looking up for English Rugby!
Yahoo
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 06 Dec 2012, 4:15 pm

............anyway, this 'swords' is a desperate Scots thing.
They keep on saying it and then keep on losing. rose

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Thu 06 Dec 2012, 4:20 pm

be a Claymore then surely?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu 06 Dec 2012, 4:48 pm

nobbled wrote:be a Claymore then surely?

They might just get away with that, i don't think there's anything in the laws of Rugby Union either allowing or disallowing claymores. ohhhhh that's sneaky!

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 06 Dec 2012, 6:30 pm

viewtothegym wrote:So then now the dust has settled , is England no longer in a "transition/building/any excuse to fill the gap"?

And when Wales put England to the sword in the upcoming six nations, can you English fans just take the loss?

Put England to the Sword. Eh view...We will have to see about that wont we.

I did say on another thread that it will be interesting in the next 3 up and coming 6ns. Especialy the 2013 6ns.
I do believe that England can kick on from the game against the All Blacks.

The thing is can Wales improve on their Ais? ..Atleast England will be going into 2013 6ns with their ( FULL COACHING STAFF.) Wales on the other hand will not. Warren Gatland will be on (LIONS) Duty. so it will be Howely incharge.

Will Howely beable to turn Wales into a Grand Slam winning team by the time for the 6ns comes around?

Like i said we will have to wait and see.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 6:34 pm

Madge stick to the Pilates classes, your sounding dumber by each comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 06 Dec 2012, 6:41 pm

View ... what ? no need to wait & see then ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:05 pm

Nope the removed way he goes about saying it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 06 Dec 2012, 7:42 pm

No personal attacks view, you should know that by now.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 06 Dec 2012, 9:37 pm

Tail between legs...

Maj

I think your right, going from GSers to white washed against 2 limited teams, and a very poor Aus team then rweturn to GSers???

Thats some ask!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:09 am

No reason why not though Blues (Well maybe Howley?). You guys have got some outstanding players. 6ns is so close at the moment any team can beat any other. Does anyone think there'll be a GS this year?
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 07 Dec 2012, 10:13 am

i think england and france fans have a half decent right to think they could GS...

sorry the rest of ya- you dont have a chance Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

mystiroakey wrote:i think england and france fans have a half decent right to think they could GS...

sorry the rest of ya- you dont have a chance Smile
uhm, they do, actually.
The 6Ns table starts:
Team Points
Eng 0
Wal 0
Ire 0
Sco 0
Fra 0
Ita 0

The only way the other teams wouldn't have a chance is if they withdrew from the competition
Lots of love
Mr Pedant Very Happy

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 07 Dec 2012, 1:48 pm

We can all dream..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 07 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

Tattered, Laugh phony logic.
Same for any comp before the opening whistle.
Thus Lichtenstein have as much chance as Brazil at the next AF world cup... err no.....they don't.

I have not checked, but I'd blind wager that the bookies are not pricing 6N respective GS chances all equally.
I'd further wager the bookies give France and England as the shortest odds of the 6 champ and of course slightly longer on the GS, but both more likely than the other 4 nations.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

..Atleast England will be going into 2013 6ns with their ( FULL COACHING STAFF.)

'Fraid we won't Maj - Farrell and Rowntree are on Lions coaching duty I believe...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

They'll be there for the 6 nations. They won't be there for the Argentina tour. It'll be Lancaster, Catt and probably another temporary coach.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:32 pm

Ah, but Mr Tree, please look at the wording of the post I was attempting to contradict. "Sorry the rest of ya - you don't have a chance". What I was saying was that the other teams do have a chance, no matter how small.
Nowhere was I saying that they all have an EQUAL chance - clearly this is madness. Wibble wibble

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:37 pm

Tatterd
Good point man, yes a chance.
But the size of that chance is not equal. I guess it was the '0-0' part that caught my eye the most.
Anyway, best wishes to whichever of the 6n teams you are for. OK

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:40 pm

Wales unfortunately mate. That is my curse at the moment but hey - the only way is up (I think). Best of luck to you too - got a lot of love for Glos - went to Uni in Bath so happy memories of some great club derbies Ale

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

viewtothegym wrote:So then now the dust has settled , is England no longer in a "transition/building/any excuse to fill the gap"?

My view is that an International team is always in a building/transitional state due to injuries and loss of form etc...

as for the other comment why don't we just wait and see. Very Happy
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:50 pm

VictorU3 wrote:

My view is that an International team is always in a building/transitional state due to injuries and loss of form etc...

as for the other comment why don't we just wait and see. Very Happy
Agreed. Also, NZ are always rebuilding and evolving. That's one reason why they're so good and so rarely fall off the top of the pile.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 07 Dec 2012, 3:56 pm

Agreed Cyril, Also maybe that is why Wales have had a bad time of late as they have stopped re-building and keep sticking with the same faces in the hope that they will re-find their form.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Fri 07 Dec 2012, 4:10 pm

Victor, too true Sad

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 08 Dec 2012, 8:28 am

VictorU3 wrote:Agreed Cyril, Also maybe that is why Wales have had a bad time of late as they have stopped re-building and keep sticking with the same faces in the hope that they will re-find their form.

That can also be said of the Irish team up until the recent AI's.

I think that the 6N will be very closely contested next year between England, France and Ireland.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Dec 2012, 10:05 pm

With Ireland to pull off a GS. Very Happy

(always back the dark horse with the crazy eyes.... )

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sun 09 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

Scotland to win the 6 nations.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:40 pm

I don't think it'll be a Grandslam 6N. I think we're all capable of putting in awesome/shoite performances. Can see France beating Ireland Wales and England only to lose to Italy, Ireland losing to Wales, England to Ireland, England and Wales bloody drawing...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 10 Dec 2012, 3:03 pm

nganboy wrote:Scotland to win the 6 nations.

There are reports of delays to Danish Bacon flight 2013, this has been put back a year.

More seriously, as so often in recent years there's not a lot of difference in quality between the strongest 3 sides going into this year's 6Ns (France, England, Ireland) - getting off to a good start in the tournament and improving confidence within the sides will as always be a significant factor in who wins and who has a chance of a Slam.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 11 Dec 2012, 12:59 am

dummy_half wrote:
nganboy wrote:Scotland to win the 6 nations.

There are reports of delays to Danish Bacon flight 2013, this has been put back a year.

More seriously, as so often in recent years there's not a lot of difference in quality between the strongest 3 sides going into this year's 6Ns (France, England, Ireland) - getting off to a good start in the tournament and improving confidence within the sides will as always be a significant factor in who wins and who has a chance of a Slam.

Dunno folks.
Scotland showed the rest of the world how to score multiple tries against the ABs. England should send them some chocolates to say thanks for the tips
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 11 Dec 2012, 7:01 am

chocolates...mmmm...good idea nganboy

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 11 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

chocolates to scotland.. I dont think they would accept just chocolate

they are so tight they would demand the batter and oil to fry it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11