The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch - getting too big for his boots?

+24
OasisBFC
Seanusarrilius
Sugar Floyd Louis
seanmichaels
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
Imperial Ghosty
Melkor
rodders
Bartley Gorman
School Project
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
two_tone
captain carrantuohil
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
Interceptor
AlexHuckerby
no-mas
Gordy
88Chris05
Steffan
BOXIMUS PRIME
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Froch - getting too big for his boots? - Page 2 Empty Froch - getting too big for his boots?

Post by BOXIMUS PRIME Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys

Carl Froch has amassed a great record over the years, he has won the admiration of boxing fans all over the world with his bravery and willingness to fight whoever where ever but recently Froch has been running his gums a little too much.

His reaction to Ricky Hatton's short comeback was insulting in my opinion putting Ricky down as if Ricky was not down enough. He seems to be crossing over into some sort of boxing heel. It was plain to see to all before and after the fight that Ricky was coming from a real dark place in his life and the best we could do was to offer support win or loose yet Froch took it as a way to twist the dagger in.

If you look on youtube you can find an interview where Froch shocks the interviewer by saying that he is not a fan of Ali. When asked why Froch stupidly states that he does not respect Ali's style and only likes fighters who come to fight as he puts it and then remarkably mentions Roy Jones Jr as an example???

When Froch is involved in a fight where he comes close to death as Ali did against Frazier in Manilla then he can talk until then shut up.
I like Froch but him and that bird of his are getting on my plucking wick.

BOXIMUS PRIME

Back to top Go down

Froch - getting too big for his boots? - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch - getting too big for his boots?

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:34 pm

With regard to this unfair ban, I wrote a lengthy thread explaining our position on streaming, within that I explained why we held that position and the consequences for anyone who chose to ignore the stance. The thread remained on the main page for a good few days and was bumped in the run up to the Hatton fight to give as many people as possible chance to familiarise themselves with the position.

Given we have pretty much consistenly deleted countless references to streaming in the past and issued many a warning when the subject rears its head I struggle to see what anyone would have had us do beyond Pm'ing each and everyone of you personally to explain the stance, something which is not particularly practical. Sorry but we did everything we could be reasonably expected to do to make our position clear, if anyone still managed to fall foul, they did so because they chose to.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Froch - getting too big for his boots? - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch - getting too big for his boots?

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:34 pm

Froch was a tad bitter when he spoke, but he was entirely truthful. I thoroughly enjoyed Froch as a pundit and I thought he did really well.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm

Wow my post looks rubbish after that one...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:55 pm

Rotherham Joe Gans wrote:With regard to this unfair ban, I wrote a lengthy thread explaining our position on streaming, within that I explained why we held that position and the consequences for anyone who chose to ignore the stance. The thread remained on the main page for a good few days and was bumped in the run up to the Hatton fight to give as many people as possible chance to familiarise themselves with the position.

Given we have pretty much consistenly deleted countless references to streaming in the past and issued many a warning when the subject rears its head I struggle to see what anyone would have had us do beyond Pm'ing each and everyone of you personally to explain the stance, something which is not particularly practical. Sorry but we did everything we could be reasonably expected to do to make our position clear, if anyone still managed to fall foul, they did so because they chose to.

Fair play about streaming. I had an ill-advised quote edited which is fair enough. No need to take the pi55. As an aside, I either have Gary Gliitter and Pete Townsend living on my street or they're ertha anyway. I'll be forking out £15 next time.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 28 Nov 2012, 6:57 am

Its a shame onetwo got banned. He was a knowledgeable poster with different points of view. This forum could do with more like him. We are in the afterglow of a Hatton fight, where are all the footie fans that should be spamming the front page wrecking everyone's heads? Soon there'll be only mods on here.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 28 Nov 2012, 10:12 am

The bloke says things as he see it, in years gone by that was seen as a positive attribute now sadly in the oversensitive, apologist society of 2012 you are better to just be nice and sugercoat everything.
By the way Froch is one of the most decent and down to earth blokes you will ever meet in Boxing there's no pretending to be something he is not, just an honest bloke who unlike others keeps his nose clean and works hard at his trade. Certain other very arrogant former champions could learn a lot from him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Nov 2012, 11:26 am

Melkor wrote:Steffan AKA Gordy AKA Boximus Prime trapped in an endlessly looped circle-jerk. This forum used to be much better. Seems to be the same six or seven people sniping, trolling, and generally being very, very repetitive.
Oooooooooooooooooooooooh Sailer Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

BOXIMUS PRIME wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Welcome Boxinus Prime. I look forward ot checking to see which of our established posters you are and seeing you disappear Froch - getting too big for his boots? - Page 2 1347041234

Its me ONETWO.

Unfairly banned from the forum for a mistake.

Not even a warning or caution just banned for good. Why? must be personal I have been a member of the 606 family for years even before you sean. Seems a bit harsh that you can get banned for good without even a caution for a lapse in error. Criminals get better treatment.

Anyway I thought I could just walk away but there is no one else I can talk boxing with I had to come back somehow.

Aw, I can't help but feel sorry for him...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 28 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

milkyboy wrote:
OasisBFC wrote: and he remembered me which is rare.

awhh, i'm sure you're not that easy to forget, Blur Lfc

Haha. like it.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2