The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like swimming in your pool?

+5
kiakahaaotearoa
bsando
BristolDave
rodders
Pot Hale
9 posters

Go down

Who would you like swimming in your pool? Empty Who would you like swimming in your pool?

Post by Pot Hale Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:02 pm

It's the RWC draw tomorrow. The three bands of seeded teams are known.

The pool leaders are NZ, France, Australia and South Africa.

Who wants to join them and who do you want along for the ride?

Choices in second band are England, Ireland, Samoa and Argentina

Third band are Italy, Scotland, Tonga and Wales.

Name your poison.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Who would you like swimming in your pool? Empty Re: Who would you like swimming in your pool?

Post by rodders Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Can Ireland get Australia and Italy again then? SA would be a good match up to.

NZ, France or Wales...no thanks ... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Who would you like swimming in your pool? Empty Re: Who would you like swimming in your pool?

Post by BristolDave Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I think a lot of tier 2 and 3 teams could easily beat each other and have a fair old pop as some of the tier 1s.

Will make it very interesting draw time.

BristolDave

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 pm

I can already see how this is gonna go, something like

NZ, England, Wales,
SA, Ireland, Scotland
Australia, Samoa, Tonga
France, Argentina, Italy

And you know what I would really like that actually, would make things very interesting.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:18 pm

That would be an ideal pool for NZ bsando. I think that'd give us the ideal amount of pressure to perform. I really hope we get a pool like that. Indeed the other pools look tasty as well. It just goes to show, things are much tighter in the table than previously claimed by many. Bring it on!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:24 pm

bsando wrote:I can already see how this is gonna go, something like

NZ, England, Wales,
SA, Ireland, Scotland
Australia, Samoa, Tonga
France, Argentina, Italy

And you know what I would really like that actually, would make things very interesting.

They'd be excellent pools, very evenly matched.

From an Ireland perspective I'd love that pool. Very tough indeed but not mission impossible to qualify from and some great match ups with our SA and Scottish friends....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:04 pm

well from an England fan viewpoint would like either France or Aus as a top seed as we seem to beat them more regularly than SA or NZ. Would like Italy as third seed, a team I'd feel very confident of beating and not too physical so wouldn't be worried about injuries, etc.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:06 pm

I'd like to see France England and Wales, probably the best chance Wales had of progressing, NZ and Ireland would be toughest IMHO!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 pm

I really don't know how the composition of the pools are determined. However, I hope we do not end up with a pool consisting of France, England, and Wales/Scotland. Too close to home. The home nations teams need to be spread around the pools, especially at the England based RWC.

I think a pool with South Africa, Argentina and Wales will be a physical minefield. No one would win the RWC after getting out of that pool, methinks.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Hardly relevant who is in your pool when the World Cup is three years away.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Grey

Did you not just watch the RWC, SA, Samoa and Namibia (lots of SA's) were all in Wales group. Coming out of a physical group is really how you negotiate it..

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Personally I don't see the problem with having top sides in your pool. To win the thing you've got beat the best, and having someone like NZ in your group is going to be the right sort of battle hardening, plus even if you don't beat them first off, as long as you come second (if you don't you've no chance of winning the whole thing and going one game further isn't much to brag about) you won't meet them again till the final and you'll have a better understanding of what it takes to overcome the team as they are.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down