The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were There ANY Positives

+4
Mr Taff
Cardiff Taffy
thomh
bedfordwelsh
8 posters

Go down

Were There ANY Positives Empty Were There ANY Positives

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Dec 2012, 10:11 am

To come out of this diastorous Autumn Series.

I am struggling to find any other than Jarvis and Andrews (shocked me) proved that they can step up to the mark.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Were There ANY Positives Empty Re: Were There ANY Positives

Post by thomh Sun 02 Dec 2012, 10:16 am

As an outsider, I would say that the last three halves of rugby Wales played were the strongest by far. That would imply that once Gatland is back full time, you don't have too much to worry about.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Dec 2012, 10:21 am

So thats the wooden spoon then thomh as he wont be there for 6 Nations
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:22 am

I do think that Jonathan Davies return made a difference. Intelligent player who looks for opportunities. Had a few more looked for options as he did then we might have scraped over against Oz.

Really dissapointed with Jamie Roberts though. He needs a long
rest as he was a shadow of his former self.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Taff Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:29 am

One positive - Exciting pool in the World cup.

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 02 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

Liam Williams stepped up very well!!!

Andrews looked ok without being that good but a steady improvement.

Jarvis looked ok similar to Andrews.

Shinglar didn't do too badly.

Not much else was very positive, but I like to think with Lee, Jarvis, Andrews and Mitchell we are getting players exposed at int level at TH and these guys look usefull, if nowhere near ready yet!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Shane_Williams Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:12 pm

Not many positives, Halfpenny being the most obvious, and then front row, owens, jarvis and andrews were decent.
philips was solid enough i must say
biggar? who knows
JD2
liam williams

all the other players were really a let down, roberts defence was very solid but in attack offered nothing., back row all played below their usual standard, gethin was quite appalling, charteris was ok, priestland needs to go, and then cuthbert, well he will get better.
i do think wales performed so badly due to the forwards and 10. gonna need a lot of sorting out, lydiate being the player who was missed the most.

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 02 Dec 2012, 1:28 pm

Looked as if they've rediscovered their passion in playing for Wales. It was missing from the first two games and they suffered some terrible defeats. Guess it was too late then, as by the third game they made mistakes that should have been out of the system by the latter half of the first game. The final game showed they haven't learnt (so will they ever?).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 02 Dec 2012, 2:28 pm

The positives for me, the coaches have proven that they do not pick on form, limited tactics that have not changed over 3 or more years, the players don't perform under coaches they don't respect i.,e Howley and McBryde and there are clear favourites within the Wales squad that divides the squad.

To go forward I would like to be shot of Howley and McBryde and bring in experienced Welsh coaches to bring in new ideas, better/fairer team selection and take over from Gatland as his limited methods are passed their sell by date. Before anybody says suggest the coaches, Wales have 3 coaches doing well in England, I would go for Lyn Jones he has a good track record, what has Howley's/McBryde achieved before being involved under Gatland?

The other positives, Wales will have less players on the Lions tour so should not suffer injuries for the following season as has happened in the past. Wales can get up to speed ready for the next RWC. I believe we have the best bunch of players we have had in years but the poor tactics is killing our results and we are losing confidence.

WRU get of your hands and act now before the 6N disaster.

End of rant.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Dec 2012, 6:32 pm

Yeah forgot about Liam Williams. Shingler whilst not exactly established had proved he could play at thois level and should of started against Argentina instead of Turnbull and McCusker.

Alun,

What coaches would you bring in, I have said Kingsley Jones for sometime but would he want anything less than head coach, I would love to see someone like Brian Ashton brought in as attack coach.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down