The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bit of luck for scotland at last

5 posters

Go down

bit of luck for scotland at last Empty bit of luck for scotland at last

Post by poddy89 Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:46 pm

scotland have landed with south africa and samoa in group b. this is definately the best draw scotland could have hoped for!!!!!!!! and i think can push for the quaters..

tough draw for wales who also fell to third seeds, they are drawn with england and austailia,

poddy89

Back to top Go down

bit of luck for scotland at last Empty Re: bit of luck for scotland at last

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

Maybe the best draw but still a huge ask. Be careful what you wish for. Samoa are going to be a huge challenge for Scotland.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 pm

the top 12 is getting very tough these days, but hopefully scotland can regain some passion and disipline, aswel as push on and develop and i think its wrong if you dont believe we can do it. we beat them this year and these pacific island teams seem to yoyo a bit so we will see what they are lik at the time

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Well fair enough. Like the belief. Good luck to you. thumbsup

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm

picard I'm taking to the Whisky now

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:24 pm

To be honest it used to be the old 5 nations teams and big 3 southern hemp teams made up the top 8, but Argentina and Somoa are pushing on now to not just be in top 8 but to stay there. Scotland in contrast are a team in a bit of decline, slowly over the last 10 years or so, Italy could push on shortly as well.

Scotland IMO have to redress the slide sharpish, if they remain out side the top 8 for long they could find themselves overtaken, Argentina are now definatly a top 8 side, Scotland could find themselves on th esame level as Italy are.

Now sure what can be down to redress it, think that it was Murrayfield debt that restricted investment in rugby wen the other home nations were putting money in, I think that player numbers may be down from 10 years ago, the 2 pro teams are now well funded, and do well at times, but they do not attract decent size crowds that you would expect teams of thier calaber and in big cities to be able to get.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I am afraid Scotland is already on the same level as Italy as far as results go (if not below). It's the shame as in terms of player quality and depth, there is no comparison (well appart from Parisse and a couple of forwards).

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down