The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenny King on TNA Today

4 posters

Go down

Kenny King on TNA Today Empty Kenny King on TNA Today

Post by talkingpoint Wed 05 Dec 2012, 4:11 pm

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/3951-TNA-Today-%28Nov-5,-2012%29-An-Introduction-to-Kenny-King

A great little interview with kenny king on TNA Today; I thought it was quite insightful for how brief it was. It really helped me to get a feel for his road to professional wrestling and now TNA. I'm looking forward to when he begins to start making his presence felt in the X-Division and think he's a potential future world champion. King along with Joey Ryan and Christian York should really help bolster the X-Division for the next year or so.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Kenny King on TNA Today Empty Re: Kenny King on TNA Today

Post by bretmeharty Wed 05 Dec 2012, 4:17 pm

I dont watch tna to often but I feel the roster seems to change alot in short spaces of time. As a viewer i feel I can invest in what I wach most of the time

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 05 Dec 2012, 4:28 pm

TNA seem to have invested more in their developmental programmes over the last couple of years and have really begun to take a more grass-roots approach to talent hunting. I think this is important for the future of the company. They need to have a strong developmental system and keep their finger on the pulse of the indie scene to sign the very best talent coming out of it. Austin Aries was an amazing revelation for TNA and Kenny King could potentially be another. Look at the success WWE have enjoyed with CM Punk, another ROH alumni. For many aspiring indie wrestlers TNA is the next step up the ladder even if ultimately it is to get to the WWE. TNA just need to make sure they get the best out of them while they're in TNA.

TNA have done the right thing by promoting their homegrown talent to main event status but the problem with that is that you need to replace the tag team and X-Division that they came from. Kaz & Daniels & Chavo & Hernandez have been good replacements for Beer Money & MCMG but that's left a gap in the X-Division so the signing of Joey Ryan and Kenny King has been a smart move, otherwise TNA was in danger of becoming top heavy in its roster.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 05 Dec 2012, 5:06 pm

Is he a Dalglish?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 05 Dec 2012, 5:24 pm

talkingpoint wrote:TNA seem to have invested more in their developmental programmes over the last couple of years and have really begun to take a more grass-roots approach to talent hunting. I think this is important for the future of the company. They need to have a strong developmental system and keep their finger on the pulse of the indie scene to sign the very best talent coming out of it. Austin Aries was an amazing revelation for TNA and Kenny King could potentially be another. Look at the success WWE have enjoyed with CM Punk, another ROH alumni. For many aspiring indie wrestlers TNA is the next step up the ladder even if ultimately it is to get to the WWE. TNA just need to make sure they get the best out of them while they're in TNA.

TNA have done the right thing by promoting their homegrown talent to main event status but the problem with that is that you need to replace the tag team and X-Division that they came from. Kaz & Daniels & Chavo & Hernandez have been good replacements for Beer Money & MCMG but that's left a gap in the X-Division so the signing of Joey Ryan and Kenny King has been a smart move, otherwise TNA was in danger of becoming top heavy in its roster.

Completely agree with this, obviously every promotion is looking for its next main event star and TNA have done well promoting storm, roode and Aries through the ranks so why not replicate this with guys with potential like king. TNA need to get away from bringing in ex wwe talent on massive contracts and by developing and promoting their homegrown talent or Indy guys they can achieve this, this obviously though has massive dependencies on their ability to book them correctly and give the wrestlers every opportunity to get over which has never been a TNA strength.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 05 Dec 2012, 5:36 pm

true, booking is the key to their success. TNA have shown that they know talent when they see it and are very responsive to their fans. I'm sure Aries won at Destination-X because of the support he had from the fans and the split crowd (that sounded about 60-40 in Aries favour) at BFG proves how popular he is with TNA fans. TNA will monitor the reaction King gets closely and hopefully with his athleticism and charisma the fans will get behind him. I think TNA has more smark fans than WWE in many respects.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down