The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase?

+8
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
The Awesome Giz
Ent
Fernando
Samo
Liam
BD21
12 posters

Go down

Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase? Empty Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase?

Post by BD21 Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Now the TLC card has been changed I was wondering what would close the show. Ryback has been moved into a 6 man tag joining Team Hell No against The Shield. I think the original plan would have been to have Orton join Kane and Bryan but obviously things have had to change.

I can't see this match closing the show, maybe it will but to me it just doesn't feel like a main event. If Punk Ryback was on, this would have been main event and Ziggler - Cena would have been middle of the card, with Ziggler picking up the win.

Looking at the card now though, I feel that the Ladder match will close the show which to me means one thing, Cena wins the MitB Briefcase. If this is to be the way it goes, I'll be gutted and I feel it will kill any progress Ziggler has made.

Do you agree, what are your thoughts?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase? Empty Re: Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase?

Post by Liam Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

I think its even more of a chance with Punk's injury for Ziggler to get a big win. Closes the show, with him stealing the show and standing on top of the ladder with the breifcase.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase? Empty Re: Will Punk's injury cost Ziggler his MitB Briefcase?

Post by Samo Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Losing Punk is a worse case scenario here. I cant see both heels winning the co-main events, and the Sheild wont be buried this early, totally lose all rep they've built up. So unfortuanatly, I'd put money on Ziggles losing.

Unless he cashes in before then...

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Well the whole heels winning also made me think Ziggler would lose. The Shield can't lose. They may lose but it wouldn't be the best option. Cesaro should retain and I expect Show to retain too.

Maybe Ziggler cashes in after the Show match and then Ziggler - Cena is made into a Ladder Match for the WHC

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Isn't Ziggler's briefcase for the WHC?

I could see Cena taking it though and getting it turned into a WWE Title shot unfortunately but it could actually turn out to be a good thing for Punk.

Have Cena vs Rock at RR then Rock vs Punk at WM? Gives Punk his Wrestlemania moment OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Would actually be great if Ziggler cashes in and wins (maybe saving sheamus from a beat down?), then Vickie makes the ladder match for the whc and Ziggler beats cena and retains.

Face turn for Ziggler and big win all in one go, then he could feud with vivkies latest charge.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Fernando wrote:Isn't Ziggler's briefcase for the WHC?

Thats a good point, would they really have Cena go for the "B title"?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Samo wrote:
Fernando wrote:Isn't Ziggler's briefcase for the WHC?

Thats a good point, would they really have Cena go for the "B title"?

Cena wins case.

Cena wins rumble.

Rock beats Punk.

Cena chooses WWE title match at mania.

Cena uses MITB at/to enter EC.

Cena wins WHC

Rock vs Cena II, unification match, champion vs champion.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Ha! Not bad thinking

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Cena has been on Smackdown a lot lately, still isn't he ment to be injured himself. Or has that been canned.

Unless Cena turns heel its pointless him winning, it appears Dolphs star maybe have fallen slightly though.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 pm

My thinking is very simple and pretty boring i must admit but i think Cena vs Ziggler will now become the main event of TLC. The Shield should but i think they will lose to Ryback/Team Hell no earlier on in the night. Regardless i would have Cena closing in on victory then the Shield come out of no where and attack Cena allowing Dolph to win. Dolph pegs it with the case and The Shield put Cena through a table. We go off air.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 pm

I'd have Cena v Ziggler as the main event, have The Shield decimated and too injured to come out, thus everyone thinking they cannot be involved. Then, as Cena is about to win it, I'd have Maddox come down and cost him the win. That way Cena can crush him rather than three really promising new guys, and it could either be that Maddox is one of The Shield (and he can be the whipping boy) or he thinks he can do this to prove himself worthy of a place with The Shield as he carries on his desperate attempts to be remembered and earn a contract.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I'd have Cena v Ziggler as the main event, have The Shield decimated and too injured to come out, thus everyone thinking they cannot be involved. Then, as Cena is about to win it, I'd have Maddox come down and cost him the win. That way Cena can crush him rather than three really promising new guys, and it could either be that Maddox is one of The Shield (and he can be the whipping boy) or he thinks he can do this to prove himself worthy of a place with The Shield as he carries on his desperate attempts to be remembered and earn a contract.

I like that idea Chris, I was surprised Maddox popped up on Raw this past week, so it's clear this story has more legs.

Just out of interest are we getting a podcast this week? Working long into the night on uni work (not very hard obviously) and was hoping for your dulset tones to help pass the time Very Happy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 pm

From what Ive read on the dirt sheets the plan is for Cena to win the case but cash it in on the WWE title and expect the WWE Universe to just forget its meant to be for the WHC.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 am

I shall put it up now for you House my man, it'll probably take an hour or so though.

That would be so awful Hero, and so very WWE. I presume hornswaggle would be inside the case too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:59 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:I shall put it up now for you House my man, it'll probably take an hour or so though.

That would be so awful Hero, and so very WWE. I presume hornswaggle would be inside the case too

Cheers Chris, don't want to sound demanding just want you to know that to me at least your efforts are very much appreciated and enjoyable.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:01 am

I'm thinking Ziggler will cash in on Sheamus/Big Show and win the Title, Booker T will then make the ladder match for the WHC, Cena will win that match, carry the Title to WrestleMania where he and WWE Champion will have a Unification match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 am

That would be pretty good in my opinion and gets around the problem of the rock not defending his title at house shows.

You could then have say punk and Ziggler after cena to get the titles back, triple threats etc.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 am

Kay Fabe wrote:I'm thinking Ziggler will cash in on Sheamus/Big Show and win the Title, Booker T will then make the ladder match for the WHC, Cena will win that match, carry the Title to WrestleMania where he and WWE Champion will have a Unification match

I'm liking that idea KF but where does that leave the Royal Rumble winner? If they were to have a unification match at Wrestlemania 29 then I'd have Punk v The Rock go on before the Rumble match, Rock wins the title leaving Punk distraught. Later on in the night, the timer counts down, 'Cult of Personality' hits and out comes the eventual winner of the Rumble Cookie Monster Punk!

It might dilute the unification match somewhat, but Punk v Cena v Rock is still a huge match and Punk gets his Wrestlemania main event.

This could all be irrelevant though because even if Dolph Ziggler cashes in the MITB briefcase after Sheamus v Big Show and wins the World title, Booker T is far more likely to make the ladder match with John Cena a TAG MATCH PLAYA! rather than a World title match Smile

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah I was thinking Punk could maybe enter the Rumble as a surprise and win it, if that happens I'd expect him to want a re-match ASAP so they might hot-shot a match at Elimination Chamber like they did with Orton/Cena at No Way Out in 08

I think the only quality you need to get a GM job on SmackDown! is have Tag-Team Tourettes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:53 pm

I like to think that when WWE interview candidates for the Smackdown GM role they give them the Rorschach inkblot test:

"What do you see here?"

"Tag match"

"And here?"

"Tag match"

"Okay and this one?"

"Tag match"

"Very good, and finally this one?"

"Tag match"

"And that concludes the test. Yep Vince, he's definitely ready to be Smackdown General Manager".

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:32 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I like to think that when WWE interview candidates for the Smackdown GM role they give them the Rorschach inkblot test:

"What do you see here?"

"Tag match"

"And here?"

"Tag match"

"Okay and this one?"

"Tag match"

"Very good, and finally this one?"

"Tag match"

"And that concludes the test. Yep Vince, he's definitely ready to be Smackdown General Manager".

Laugh Laugh Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Laugh

Awesome!

Can anyone else not genuinely see this being some kind of Kayfabe 'behind the scenes' look at the hiring of WWE GM's

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down