The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most?

+9
Brady12
Kay Fabe
legendkillar
Lee
Samo
Marky
AberdeenSteve
Crimey
UpsideDownFace
13 posters

Go down

Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most? Empty Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most?

Post by UpsideDownFace Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Out of our current roster who, in your opinion, would look the best holding the MitB case?

I'd go for Dolph Ziggler. I just think he would look great with it. I've loved the old school slow burning push he has been given over the last few months. Hopefully he and Punk put on a great match tomorrow night to cement Ziggler as a main eventer.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most? Empty Re: Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most?

Post by Crimey Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:56 pm

I have really gone off the Money in the Bank as a way to push people as for some reason WWE insists on it always being a cheap cash in which fails to legitimise them as main eventers, the only it having worked on being Edge and possibly CM Punk the second time.

I'd rather see Dolph continue to be built up slowly rather than win it through a cheap cash in. For that reason I think The Miz would suit having the briefcase again, like Edge it could suit his character to sneakily cash it in, but at the same time he's very close to already being considered a legitimate main eventer which means cashing in the Money in the Bank wouldn't harm him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most? Empty Re: Who would the MitB briefcase suit the most?

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:01 pm

The briefcase works so much better on a heel that it does a face. Obviously it is easier for the face when he is cashing in on a heel but the briefcase works so much better with it being a sneaky and under handed way of winning the title.

The Miz is the only person I'd like to see with it again as he is definitely main event material not and it wouldn't hurt him having it again. The likes of Ziggler and Barrett I'd much rather see then winning it clean to help develop their character.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:23 pm

The best face cash in of MITB was Rob Van Dam, opening saying he'd cash it in at ECW One Night Stand. Daniel Bryan cashing in at Wrestlemania would have topped it I reckon, but it never happened.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 pm

I have no problem it being used a cheap cash in, so long as It can be booked well after that. Book the winner as a Champ who isnt worthy of the belt, but some how always manages to get away with it, ala JBL circa 2004. That way when someone does finally top them, they go over massivly because he got one up on this cheating, fly, unworthy, lucky bum.

Ziggler isnt the man for that role. I would think in this day in age the Miz would be ideal for that but he's already way above that.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Santino

Lee

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Lee-Killeen-Portfolio/4127373

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 pm

I am with Crimey on this one.

The MITB has lost it's 'edge' and is more of an 'experimental' test for the WWE superstars and whether they are over with the crowd. ADR was a clear example of this and as was Swagger.

When Edge cashed it in twice, it is was brilliant and as CM Punk did against Jeff Hardy.

I think if it stayed at Wrestlemania and they scrapped the PPV, for me it would generate more interest.

I would love to see it cashed at Mania on the same night or even a year later.

At the moment I would like to see it on Ziggler or Rhodes. Even Orton winning it would be intriguing.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:08 pm

I'd like to see the next winner of it come out on RAW the next night, hand it over to whoever is in charge and announce that they want to cash it in at SummerSlam regardless of who the WWE Champion is at the time, he then tells us that over the next few months they're going to get into the best shape possible physically and mentally for the 'biggest occasion of their life'

Set it up like a boxing match, make the match months in advance, don't whore out the fued until 3/4 weeks before the PPV when it becomes apparent as to who the match will be against, in that time the MitB winner can have a slow low key build up, looking stronger by the month, it would be something very different for the cash in and for me would heighten interest in the MitB winner

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:47 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'd like to see the next winner of it come out on RAW the next night, hand it over to whoever is in charge and announce that they want to cash it in at SummerSlam regardless of who the WWE Champion is at the time, he then tells us that over the next few months they're going to get into the best shape possible physically and mentally for the 'biggest occasion of their life'

Set it up like a boxing match, make the match months in advance, don't whore out the fued until 3/4 weeks before the PPV when it becomes apparent as to who the match will be against, in that time the MitB winner can have a slow low key build up, looking stronger by the month, it would be something very different for the cash in and for me would heighten interest in the MitB winner

That is an amazing idea.... So good that there is zero chance of it happening

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:34 pm

I'd like to see someone cash it in when a PPV hits their home town. Really ups the atmosphere.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Here's a bold prediction/storyline I would book because it will never happen.

Wade Barrett to win the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania, and openly say that when WWE tours the United Kingdom in November, he will cash it in live on Monday Night Raw from Manchester on whoever the champ is. Gives Barrett time to get properly over with the crowd similarly to Gaffer's idea.

Live from Manchester, England;

WWE Champion The Miz (for example, any other heel champion would do) v MITB Winner Wade Barrett, ensures Wade is cheered as the face even if it's only on the night, it might even turn Barrett face full time but I don't think that would be the right thing for him.

Ends up with Wade Barrett becoming England's first ever WWE Champion, and it happening live in England would make it similar to the MITB PPV in Chicago in terms of atmosphere (if the crowd were all over the age of 18)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:44 pm

I think that's a pretty good idea Marky, especially as it would help sell the idea that if you buy tickets for the UK Tour you might see the world title change hands.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:54 pm

The only problem with that could be that it wouldn't be broadcast live in America but they don't seem to have a problem putting the title on someone on SmackDown! so I wouldn't be dismissive of it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 am

Great idea Marky would love to see something like that happen, Barrett would get a very good reception regardless being in England alone. But the chance of him winning the world title in England as well would make the crowd electric imo.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:18 am

"Out of our current roster who, in your opinion, would look the best holding the MitB case?"

This one is easy - David Otunga!! I mean he is a lawyer after all so carrying a briefcase would suit him more than the rest (unless IRS returns)!!

Oh wait, is that not what you meant? Whistle

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

Hahahaha no it wasn't (obviously)

Well played though!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:59 pm

i wouldnt give dolph, cody or wade the briefcase, i firmly believe that all three are future main eventers and future world champions but i dont want to see them fall into jack swagger territory. At the time of swaggers mitb win, cash in and title win, he was regarded in the same light as the three aforementioned wrestlers and most people were crying out for jack to be given an opportunity with the strap and make the step up. However his title reign is generally regarded as an epic fail and ended up doing him more harm than good and nearly to two years on swagger is less relevant than he has ever been and i dont want to see cody, dolph or wade going down this route, imo none of the three are at world champion level yet and need more time to develop.

I would use mitb at wm much like the rumble is used, the winner would be guaranteed a title match at a PPV of their choosing and then use the idea that gaffer suggested in the build up to the ppv title match showing their progress as a wrestler, pundits and former superstars thoughts on them to give the match up a real big fight feel. Then leave the mitb ppv for the anytime any place cash in briefcase.

If i had to call a winner right now, i'd plump for the miz

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down