The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers)

+12
Fernando
Brady12
VDT
Dr Gregory House MD
Buzzman
sodhat
crippledtart
Mr H
Beer
ADMIN
HitmanOwl
UpsideDownFace
16 posters

Go down

Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers) Empty Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers)

Post by UpsideDownFace Thu 30 Jun 2011, 6:43 am

Raw Mitb:

Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
Alberto Del Rio
Alex Riley
Jack Swagger
The Miz
R-Truth
Evan Bourne

SmackDown MitB:

Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel

I think the SmackDown one is much more open, any of Bryan, Cara, Barrett, Sheamus and Rhodes are in with a shout. I hope Bryan or Barrett wins it, but I think Sheamus will.

The Raw one is easier. I think it will be between Riley and Del Rio. With Del Rio winning it. I think he will announce that he will use it at SummerSlam, going on about how it's his "destiny" and whatnot.

Who do you think will be leaving Chicago with the MitB briefcases? Unless obviously they use it on the night.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers) Empty Briefcase Predictions

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 30 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

Smackdown

Sheamus!

Raw

Alberto Del Rio

Thoughts?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers) Empty Re: Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers)

Post by ADMIN Thu 30 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

Based on coverage and storylines it certainly seems to be heading that way.
My concern with that though is that both are heels at present.
Therefore that points to Cena and Orton retaining which I don't think anyone wants (apart from if you're Holymiky).
Sheamus could make a face turn at some point in the near future though.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers) Empty Re: Now we know who are in the MitB matches. Who will win? (Spoilers)

Post by Beer Thu 30 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

ADR will point to being screwed out of his title shot because of the Punk angle and announce he is cashing it in at Summerslam.

I think Mark Henry will take Kane out and win the MITB, taking out Sheamus in the process. Sheamus to leave and come back as a face.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 30 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

I dont want it to happen but i think Cody Rhodes will win the Smackdown briefcase. I'd be amazed if Del Rio didnt win Raw's.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Cody ain't ready and Ted turns face,starting a feud with him.

Sheamus is a lock for SD,ties in with Orton/Christian feud.

He'll cash it in on the night!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:04 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:Cody ain't ready and Ted turns face,starting a feud with him.

Sheamus is a lock for SD,ties in with Orton/Christian feud.

He'll cash it in on the night!

The only way i can see that happening is if he waits for Orton to nail Christian with the RKO, then causes the DQ. Christian gets a joke title nod again and Sheamus pulls major heat.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

I for one actually want Christian to win the title and then lose it immediately to the MITB winner, I think that’d add again to the character that’s evolved since he lost it to Orton.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

???

A million ways to do it.Example bring...

Christian beats Orton by anyway necessary,Christian celebrates Orton rkos him and out pops sheamus pins him! If you wanted Sheamus could turn face here.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:02 pm

Anyone think Sin Cara might win the Smackers one? Bit of a dark horse but he's a babyface and they want to push him.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Anyone think Sin Cara might win the Smackers one? Bit of a dark horse but he's a babyface and they want to push him.

Nah.

I'd expect him to feud with Cody for a short while, tagging with Bryan; who incidentally would be my choice of dark horse.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

I thought that was what he'd been doing for the last two months?!

I just wonder whether they'd give him the briefcase as a long-term thing.

Short-term, the only winner who makes sense is Sheamus. But if they want to build someone up over the course of 3-6 months, I would bet on Rhodes or Sin Cara.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

I just can't see Cara as a legit Heavyweight Champ.

Cody could if they built him up properly (and made him wear kneepads). I could see Cody winning and eventually feuding with face Ted for the case.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

Ha, part of me wishes him a knee injury for his own sake

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

It's just that he looks ridiculous!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

Could Christian cost Sheamus the briefcase deliberately to keep him out of the picture as he pursues Orton?

Just a thought, and it would lead me to one of the other competitors to take the briefcase.

Don't think Sin Cara is a legitimate winner yet, but I bet they will make sure to give him some big spots and pull some focus in the match.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:18 pm

Clarke James wrote:It's just that he looks ridiculous!

I bought a Sin Cara mask in an inebriated state at a festival last month.

Authentic Mexican wrestling masks my left nut. It tore within hours!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

Sheamus on SD and I reckon ADR on Raws. This would tie in nicely with the way things are going at the moment.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:43 pm

Buzzman

Ditto!

But I would like a surprise.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:Buzzman

Ditto!

But I would like a surprise.

I wouldn't mind a suprise but I don't want a Jack Swagger scenario. I reckon both Sheamus and ADR could take the opportunity provided by the briefcase and run with it rather than falling over.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:07 am

Ideally
ADR to win the Raw case, since CM Punk 'took' his title shot before and announce he is cashing it in a Summerslam

Sheamus to win Smackdowns and then go on a Goldberg style face streak before announcing he will cash in at Wrestlemania

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

http://www.gerweck.net/2011/07/01/wwe-summerslam-poster/

So are Kofi & Sin Cara gonna win MITB?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:56 pm

Just seen the Smackdown participants... Looks like Kane, Bryant or Sin Cara is being positioned as the no. 2 babyface to answer my post from the other week... Tells you how weak the roster is right now.
Why's the one man rock band in it? I can accept Gabriel who has potential & will probably provide the odd spectacular spot but Slater? He must have something big on Vince

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

with nexus looking weaker and weaker by the week id like to see it go down like this(it won't ever happen).

about 3/4 way through the match have the nexus except punk storm the ring reunite with barrett,slater and gabriel help barrett win the briefcase as walking back up the ramp punk comes out with a furious face looking at them all before hugging barrett and smiling.

later on in the evening have cena vs punk

have cena go through his usual rubbish and win via stf after match have the whole reunited nexus run down and beat him down have barrett hand over the briefcase to punk and have him beat cena.

1) it solves the "bigger picture" having nexus stronger then ever.
2) it keeps cena looking strong despite being beat down.

also means the creative don't have to worry about people cashing in whenever

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:27 am

fernando wrote:with nexus looking weaker and weaker by the week id like to see it go down like this(it won't ever happen).

about 3/4 way through the match have the nexus except punk storm the ring reunite with barrett,slater and gabriel help barrett win the briefcase as walking back up the ramp punk comes out with a furious face looking at them all before hugging barrett and smiling.

later on in the evening have cena vs punk

have cena go through his usual rubbish and win via stf after match have the whole reunited nexus run down and beat him down have barrett hand over the briefcase to punk and have him beat cena.

1) it solves the "bigger picture" having nexus stronger then ever.
2) it keeps cena looking strong despite being beat down.

also means the creative don't have to worry about people cashing in whenever

Ok so it goes someway to explaining the bigger picture but there's still gapping holes in the storylines...

I don't like it for the simply reason Barrett has been buried so much since he was maineventing only 6-8 months ago. I fear if you give him the world title with zero build up we'll get another Jack Swagger style reign.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:28 am

Sheamus is the only viable option

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

Clarke James wrote:I just can't see Cara as a legit Heavyweight Champ.

Cody could if they built him up properly (and made him wear kneepads). I could see Cody winning and eventually feuding with face Ted for the case.

LOL!!! I know what you mean, he looks like a right wimp. I think he should switch from briefs to trousers. Right after his change of character, he was coming out in the business suit trousers and I think that would have suited him.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

I like the fact Cody doesn't wear knee pads, its only a minor thing but its yet something else that seperates him fsom the rest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:13 pm

For the raw briefcase, I can see VKM screwing both CM Punk and John Cena. The match will go down as expected with Cena getting a clean win and retaining the WWE title, but then after the match Punk beats down Cena (getting a huge reaction in Chicago before the leaving the WWE for a while) or VKM beats down Cena after the match setting it up for ADR to come and cash in the briefcase on Cena and therefore setting up ADR Vs Cena for Summerslam.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Wed 06 Jul 2011, 8:27 pm

Is del rio still in it?

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

Yeah Del Rio is still in it, if ADR wins it the he'll be #1 contender and have the MitB, if that happened I wouldn't be totally against him proclaiming on RAW that he wants his Title match at SummerSlam, after Cena beats him Ricardo Rodrigo can run out with the case and ADR can cash it in and then win the WWE Title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down