The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers)

+2
Kenny
HitmanOwl
6 posters

Go down

It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers) Empty It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers)

Post by HitmanOwl Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Why Cena doesn't do matches like more often?

My favourite match this year,Cena brought it!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers) Empty Re: It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers)

Post by Kenny Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 pm

I completley agree Cena showed he can perform , shocked me no end
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers) Empty Re: It begs the question... (contains MITB spoilers)

Post by Mr H Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Whilst Cena delivered probably his best ever in ring performance, the biggest part of the equation was the quality of the opposition and the live crowd, Punk and Chicago were the main reason Cena looked good. Put him up against R-Truth in a neutral venue and tell him to replicate his whole moveset from last nights match and it wont garner the same reaction.

Not taking anything away from him though, he stepped up to the plate and proved that tucked away in the corner of his locker is a little thing called ability.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:27 pm

If he wrestled like on every ppv he has,he wouldn't have as many haters. The fact that his raw matches don't differentiate from ppv matches makes you think is he bothered?

That last night was my favourite John Cena match by a million miles.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:42 pm

I dont deny that Cena was good last night, but without being too cynical i'd be suprised if he ever had another match as good as that, thats probably about as good as it will get for him. The whole angle, the crowd, the atmosphere, the whole occasion whipped the viewers into a frenzy and it will be hard to replicate that kind of atmosphere again. It was a complete one off climax, it doesnt get any better than that. Cena delivered his A-game but without the crowd, without Punk and without the backstory, i doubt very much we'd be talking about Cena in the same vein as we are today.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:45 pm

TBF though I don't think we'll ever see a PPV like that again, it just ticked every single box.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm

I wonder if Chavo's Twitter digs at Cena added to his performance...

I haven't seen it yet, I'm saving that for after work, but I'm not surprised he put it all on the line for this one. We have seen in the past that Cena has the ability to put on great matches, but he doesn't do it enough to avoid the jibes he gets.

His Raw matches are so formulaic and the fact is that is where most fans see him as opposed to PPV's.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Not a Cena lover or a Cena hater , but dont think after last night today is a time to knock him cant we just bask in the fact he DID deliver last night . Im sure there will be plenty of times to call him in the future but last night he didnt let anyone down .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Mr H wrote:I dont deny that Cena was good last night, but without being too cynical i'd be suprised if he ever had another match as good as that, thats probably about as good as it will get for him. The whole angle, the crowd, the atmosphere, the whole occasion whipped the viewers into a frenzy and it will be hard to replicate that kind of atmosphere again. It was a complete one off climax, it doesnt get any better than that. Cena delivered his A-game but without the crowd, without Punk and without the backstory, i doubt very much we'd be talking about Cena in the same vein as we are today.

But the fact he did deliver when it could have stunk the place out is something that he should be given major credit for -- it's what the company leader has to do. He may never hit the heights again, but if the WWE can keep this running Summerslam could be golden...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Dont get me wrong i'm not knocking Cena whatsoever, i just think before everyone starts crawling up his backside we should take into account the bigger picture. Punk is the one who made this match so watchable and so controversial, Cena played his part really well and i tip my hat to him for pulling that performance out of the bag but like i said above - put him in a match against anyone else at a neutral venue and tell him to replicate his whole moveset from last night and it wouldnt have the same impact.

Not being cynical, i just dont think we should consistently expect that level of performance from Cena.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:38 pm

For me, this has PPV of the year written all over it. In my honest opinion, I think this outdid Wrestlemania. The hype leading up to it was amazing, with every promo and vignette adding more and more suspension to the main event.

For me, the Smackdown MITB match was a good way to start of the PPV. I felt that it kick the PPV off at a fast pace, one which I felt was kept through the majority of the event. I was extremely shocked at seeing Sin Cara broken in half and taken out on a stretcher. I'm assuming that this was a genuine injury as Sheamus looked quite guilty. I was pleased to see Bryan win, however, I think that he might be the first person to cash in his briefcase and lose, unless he recieves a massive push in the next few months.

I never watched the Divas match, as I used this as my toilet/snack break.

I was really dreading Henry vs. Show, as thought it would just be a really rudey poo match. However, I must admit, it was a better match than expected. Now, Im not saying that it's match of the year material, but considering the horrors I was imagining before, they pulled it off well...Oh, and seeing Henry attempt a dropkick was priceless.

The Raw MITB was spectacularly fast paced at the start, and I liked it a lot. However, when the pace slowed, I began to slowly lose interest. I honestly dont know why, but I felt the Smackdown MITB was better. My highlight was Evan's Airbourne off the ladder onto the other participants. Im not a big fan of Del Rio winning it, but Im interested to see where he will now fit in with the WWE Championship storyline.

Orton vs. Christian for me was a good match, but a bit of a screwy ending. I would rather have had Christian win cleanly, but I think that a DQ was the only way he couldve won it. I havent really got much to say on this match, but overall it was a decent match.

Well, well, well...Where do I begin on the main event?! What an entrance! The crowd were absolutely electric! It made 14,000 fans sounds like 90,000! Punk played well to his home crowd and deserved every minute of that amazing entrance. I do have one question though, who was that woman he kissed and gave his shirt to? The match was exciting, but I think the crowd made it. The constant battle between Cena fans and Punk fans was stunning. Punk and Cena both had a great match showing off their true wrestling abilities and bringing it back to basics. I think that Cena played his part well and really stepped up to the plate helping Punk to make this match a WWE Classic and in my opinion, Match Of The Year. For me, Punk winning was the best thing to happen to the WWE in this situation. It was a great way to end the PPV, and leaves us all on the edge of our seats for tonights Raw.

All I can say is Thank You CM Punk clap
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down