The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS*

4 posters

Go down

will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS* Empty will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS*

Post by DOYLE192 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

well i'd like to start by saying MITB was absolutely awesome. It had everything i was hoping for and quit possibly more. i mean the smackdown money in the band match was quite possibly the best MITB ive ever seen. then we had the main event... though hey anyone whos seen it doesnt need me to try and explain its awesomness Very Happy

what i want to know is, do you guys reckon HHH being put in charge and vince being 'relieved of his duties' that we could see the dawning of a new era? Maybe not an attitude era v2, but a more edgier product which is aimed at the older viewers? i mean if they ever intend on switching back to their old ways then this is the best opportunity they've had in years following the amount of interest the whole CM punk storyline has garnered with us 'older fans'. plus you got the rock at next years wrestlemania and for those who have seen his promo on john cena he did the other week it was anything but PG.

i expect hhh to unveil a new title awell, if not, when punk returns ( if he returns) he'll deffonately have a new style belt seeing as he said in his promo how he wanted to change the belt.

but could this be the start of a number of changes? maybe bringing back the hardcore or cruiserwieght titles? merging the US and IC titles together so that it gives that belt more importance.

bringing back blood , though when i say blood not tna style where people bleed every match ( ric flair anyone?) but i really feel blood can add something to matches such as hell in the cells, cage matches, last man standing etc ect. i mean last man standing matches and hell in the cells used to be brutal, the ultimate end to a rivalry, now there just to tame to have make a real impact on people.

anyway what do you guys reckon, will this be the dawn of a new era? or just another wwe storyline which flops terribly?

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS* Empty Re: will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS*

Post by Crimey Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

I think we're clearly seeing the company move forward, we've had the tamer swear words being used on TV, talking about the existence of other wrestling companies etc. etc. Does this mean we will see the company no longer be PG?...

No! What this has shown is that the product being PG was never the problem. They can pull off one of the best angles, some of the best promos and some of the best matches whether it's PG or not, they just need better writing, to let the wrestlers have more input into their promos.

I am sick and tired of people calling for the attitude era to come back when the potential we have in WWE still in the PG era is huge! WWE have shown they can be just as good in a PG enviroment, still with their advertisements, still appealing to GLAAD and Mattel and the USA Network etc. There is no reason to go overboard.

I don't think blood has been missed that much in WWE, and I actually think if WWE really felt a match needed blood they would add it, but IMO since they stopped the use of blood in matches there hasn't been a match or even any point where I felt it needed blood to make it better.

We don't need more titles such as the hardcore title or Cruiserweight championships, all WWE need to do is make the US and IC titles mean more, which isn't actually that hard, all they need to do is have a few people actually feud over it to make it mean something again. It doesn't even make sense that you say to unify the US and IC only to add two more titles which would then building up to mean something again.

I think it could be the dawn of a new era in WWE, not the attitude era V2, but a PG era just with better writing, better wrestling and a better product over all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS* Empty Re: will HHH usher in a new era ? *RAW SPOILERS, MITB SPOILERS*

Post by talkingpoint Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:51 pm

HHH hasn't ushered in a new era - Punk has! And I'm not just saying that because I'm on a Punk bandwagon or the fact that I'm a massive Punk mark (which I am), but rather because MITB was an historic PPV. This is a new epoch in the history of the WWE - Punk has left as champion taking the most prestigious title in the WWE with him and as a result Vince has been relieved of his duties. Forget the attitude era this is something new. The next chapter has already begun in the company's future. I'm really excited about this new era and what it will bring.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 20 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

It all depends on how much Mattel are going to ask wwe to toe the line if the product starts getting edgier. I think they will kick up a fuss with even a little bit of blood.

I don't see wholesome changes being made. Maybe it is a lead up to a Vince v HHH feud over the company. As far as the real world is concerned, Vince is still in charge.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

talkingpoint wrote:HHH hasn't ushered in a new era - Punk has! And I'm not just saying that because I'm on a Punk bandwagon or the fact that I'm a massive Punk mark (which I am), but rather because MITB was an historic PPV. This is a new epoch in the history of the WWE - Punk has left as champion taking the most prestigious title in the WWE with him and as a result Vince has been relieved of his duties. Forget the attitude era this is something new. The next chapter has already begun in the company's future. I'm really excited about this new era and what it will bring.

I really don't think a new era is upon us. I mean the guy who started it is off screen. It was a coup by the wwe to get people talking about an event that wasn't even a ppv, and yes that was largely due to Punk. But I can't really see any wholesome changes being made to the wwe in regards to a new edgier product.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by DOYLE192 Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

talkingpoint wrote:HHH hasn't ushered in a new era - Punk has!

no doubt punk has laid the foundations, but if he aint there which i dont think he will be for at least a few months it needs someone to carry on from what hes started, that man in my oppinion will be HHH.

i should have worded by original post different, my apologies. hhh wont be the one who 'ushers' in the new era, just the man who will continue what punk has started.

though the way i see it, good times and a few more shocks lie ahead Very Happy

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 20 Jul 2011, 1:33 pm

xTwisTx wrote:
I really don't think a new era is upon us. I mean the guy who started it is off screen. It was a coup by the wwe to get people talking about an event that wasn't even a ppv, and yes that was largely due to Punk. But I can't really see any wholesome changes being made to the wwe in regards to a new edgier product.

Punk's departure with the title was the perfect storyline for HHH to be given more onscreen authority. It's no secret he's next in line to become the new CEO and Vince has been training him for the past year or so for the job. Even if Vince's firing was kayfabe there can be no doubt that in the not-so-distant future HHH will be the guy in charge for real. What better way to make the transition than through this storyline. Therefore even if its only kayfabe for now this week's Raw was the first of a new era.

As far as Punk is concerned, he's done something that no other wrestler has in the WWE and eventually he will be back. Punk has guaranteed his legacy within the company and I'm sure this whole storyline is going to be kicked up a gear when he returns. Punk is the hottest thing in wrestling at the moment, no question, I very much doubt when he returns (as a legitimate WWE champion no less) that WWE would just job him out! He could be an established main eventer of the same level as Austin or if not then Orton for several years to come. Punk has redefined the PG era - PG = Punk's Gone!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down