The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponting repalcement

4 posters

Go down

Ponting repalcement Empty Ponting repalcement

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2012/content/current/story/595361.html

Suggestion seems to be that Cricket Oz didnt trust Phughes or Kwhjja\hjbvuhchj against SA and didnt think it was afir on the poor dears to make them lay against decent attacks.
Instead Hughes is to be given a chance to rack up a soft hundred in Sri Lanka and make everythink hes wonderful again in time to be made a fool of in anoter Ashes series.

Someone has to play at 3.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Ponting repalcement Empty Re: Ponting repalcement

Post by Shelsey93 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:17 pm

One rumour is that the batting line-up could be completely rejigged: Watson to open, Warner to 5, Hughes to 3 and Clarke to 4

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Warner at 5? Strange, to say the least!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Clarke at 4 makes some sense though.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm

I wouldn't disagree too much with Clarke moving up to 4, though given how many runs he's scoring at the moment you could wonder if it's a good idea. Warner at 5 strikes me as a bit bizarre though. I think Warner struggles to start against spin, and in SL coming in at 5 that's what will happen, and it negates his taking advantage of a hard new ball.

I was surprised when Hughes was picked I must say, not so much in that I believe he doesn't deserve another chance, but it will make for a strange re-jigging of the batting order if you have to accomodate 4 openers in there. Maybe Hughes will bat 4 (or 5)? takes out his struggles against the moving ball to an extent, and he's a pretty good player of spin IIRC.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:31 pm

To be fair the article is quite explicit in stating that his return is dependant on proving that hes overcome the technical issues taht allowed England and NZ to work him out (literaly)

But Im sure weve been down that road once already.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:39 pm

I'd rather see the top three stay the same, Clarke 4, Hughes 5 and Hussey 6.

Here is the article suggesting that Warner might move to 5, by Malcolm Conn, http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-news/clarke-watson-move-order/38970

Another recent article by Conn which is good value is this one: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-on-verge-of-test-summit-with-victory-all-but-certain-in-adelaide/story-e6frey50-1226523657068 Laugh

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down