The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM 2013

+8
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
cherriesfna
Uryu Ishida
compelling and rich
hampo17
Shifty
Soldier_Of_Fortune
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FM 2013 - Page 2 Empty FM 2013

Post by Guest Fri 07 Dec 2012, 11:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Wondering whether or not to get FM2013. Firstly, is it any good? Secondly, can you do all the editing to the backgrounds and player pictures using the editor? Just want a general view on it.

Back to top Go down

FM 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: FM 2013

Post by The_Enigma Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:59 am

Can anybody recommend where I can download all the logo's for the Portuguese league?

I havn't really managed to get into the game yet, but fancy a challenge with Sporting Lisbon

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:02 am

dont have a clue, can anyone name some good cheap players, got AFCB into the championship and i am as inconsistant as you get need some depth and a game changer
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:42 pm

FM-Base usually have something like that Enigma

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

Did Havant as well best Manager career I ever done. 8 Years and got to the premier league won 4 leagues 1 play off. Trying to win the league and stay there

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 03 May 2013, 7:32 pm

I've had a monster session on this today coupled with sky on demand on my ipad.

Started as Wrexham, brought in Ibrahim Farah on a free transfer and Mike West on loan. Started the season a bit inconsistent while my tactics bedded in but since they have I've been in the top 3 consistenly since October.

Two months left in the season, Grimbsy top by one point, me second and Cambridge 3rd, 4 points behind me but with two games in hand. 3 of my key players have picked up long term injuries so I may struggle to push for automatic promotion but should qualify for the play offs.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:01 pm

anyone experienced with championship signings?

done a game with pompey where my aim is to get into the PL before I pay off my CVA ( been fired 5+ times already but just made a new manager straight away :P ) and that finishes in 2023. Currently in the pre season of 2018-19.

highlights:

Dropping to L2 and staving off relegation to the BSP with a final 7 win game streak
Staying in L2 for a few seasons
1st decent FA Cup run 4th season in ( promoted to l1 in 2nd place)
Signing a PL worthy 16 year old for 60k, ST ( trained him in MR as cover) ( from TNS I think in 2015)
6th round of the FA Cup 2 years running ( 1st run was junk, 2nd run had me beat arsenal (r3 won replay ( moyes is there :P )), spurs ( lost on replay at r6), burnley( r5), west ham (r4)
Back to back league promotions ( unexpected but won l1 by a nice 8 points after Doncaster slipped up)
bouncing on the red recently but the last fa cup run helped us with 3 mill ( roughly :P ) so I enter the championship in the black!

Weaknesses...

DL and DR ( theres 1 guy who i loan who is a 5* on both but Reading wont give him up permenantly )
MR
MC

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jul 2013, 3:10 pm

Toward the end of the season just gon I jumpedon the Dortmund band wagon and started a game with them

I have subsequently fell in love with the German league as a result

I won the league but then lost Lewandowski to Madrid in the Summer, it appears he is just as insistant to get away from Dortmund on the game as he is in real life. Made a nice little sale on him though for £40 million and then mnaaged to bring in Schurle, Oxlaide Chamberlain, Luke Shaw, Ter Stegen and Coates (who for some reason is incredible on FM)

Unfortunately since then my laptop has died so I have had to accept I have lost that game Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 08 Jul 2013, 6:11 pm

also...if you can STEAL from the german youth team players, most are l1 contenders from the start n get to be leading Championship material with time.

Crewe are good youth regens too Smile

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 08 Jul 2013, 6:19 pm

ive nicked some cracking regen players from crewe

still cant seem to develop any decent regen player from my own club though. doesn't matter who i am what facilities i have the players are always cack. im currently Barcelona with bernard peters as my head of youth development and im lucky if im creating league 1 standard players!! rather unrealistic if you ask me

at one point i even saved it right before youth players come through (27th march in spain, around 12 march in england) and reloaded it if they were rubbish trying different options with who brought the players through (assistant, hoyd, director of football) and it made no difference

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 08 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm

crewe regen...

20 yo gk...pre contracted him for 75k, crewe ( league 2) wanted 120....

Instantly my best GK and valued at 325k for a future prem gk

not as great as my 60k guy

Asa Stocker, got him from Bangor in 2015-16

now worth 2.2 million and he is only 19! ( now)

edit:

16 games in and in 4th place with 31 points, 4 behind the leaders!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 10 Jul 2013, 7:26 pm

I am dancing with the championship play off places at the moment, reinforcing my squad with kids from France and a DR from Spain

Also made it to Wembley for the first time!

Affiliated with Man U since I entered the Championship

FA Cup Semi Final.....Against Man United

We held out for 88 minutes....Wesley Said ( starts at stade rennais in 2012) poked one in.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:15 pm

Right guys, need your assistance. I will be shortly getting a new laptop thus having the ability to play football manager again

Question. Does anybody know if it is possible to salvage my save from my knackered laptop so I can continue my Dortmund game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:51 pm

If you can get it onto a USB stick from your ruined laptop yes you'd have to copy and paste them into the Sports Interactive file. otherwise no Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:26 am

qpr stole my 75k GK....for 2.1 mill ( stupid buyout clause...)

had to rush around to find another and found a 17 year old who i got pretty cheap and he will be a leading prem gk soon.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 21 Jul 2013, 3:14 pm

Into the Premiership and the EURO Cup!

2nd in Championchip, was lucky to beat Man City on penalties in the FA Cup semi finals and beat Arsenal 2-1 in the final!

promptly upgrading youth and training facilities :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:00 am

Help

3 years into mh dortmund save and ive pretty much turned them into the best team germany has ever seen. Im the dominant force in both germany and europe

however ive just been approached by chelsea (currently 9th).

Do I walk away from what I have made were I have no challenges left fo face and try and furn chelseas fortunes around, or do I stay and win title after title after title

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 22 Aug 2013, 8:07 am

go to a team in the bss :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:02 am

The_Enigma wrote:
I actually bought the game in January and played like 6 hours on it, I just couldn't get into hit. Well this week I started a game and am really enjoying life at Macclesfield Town in the Conference. Focusing on re-structuring the back-room staff, I've only made loan signings so far this season and sit in 6th place after 20ish games. 2 Points away from breaking into the play-offs. Just managed to get into the 3rd round of the FA Cup with a tasty tie at home to Peterborough.

After a couple of seasons, I fancy giving Southport a try. Part-Time team that normally struggles, so it'll be a challenge to work with a tight budget as I aim to hit the play-offs in the first season!
Now into Mid-January and thrashed Peterborough 3-1 to move into the Fourth Round of the FA Cup, this time drawn at home to Charlton. In the league, I've managed to move into 3rd place with a game in hand, although I'm now under a transfer embargo as the club is currently in talks with a takeover.

Last edited by The_Enigma on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

Move to Chelsea and raid Dortmund of their best players. Cool

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 22 Aug 2013, 12:20 pm

I started a San Marino league (team in Serie C1/A (I think)). My aim was to get them to Serie A. Win Cup, Win League win champions league. But also try and get the national team good by training up regens from the youth team (you get a mixture of San Marino and Italian regens)

Am 7 seasons in and after back to back promotions I am now in Serie A.

I came 4th last season but that only warrants a place in the Europa League mad 

So far I have produced one world class San Marino regen player, who started out in my youth team in the first season . But he is quality. But there must be some bug in the game, cos he has been called up once, scored and never called up again. He bangs in 20 goals a season FFS haha. I will upload a screenshot for you.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 22 Aug 2013, 12:26 pm

compelling and rich wrote:ive nicked some cracking regen players from crewe

still cant seem to develop any decent regen player from my own club though. doesn't matter who i am what facilities i have the players are always cack. im currently Barcelona with bernard peters as my head of youth development and im lucky if im creating league 1 standard players!! rather unrealistic if you ask me

at one point i even saved it right before youth players come through (27th march in spain, around 12 march in england) and reloaded it if they were rubbish trying different options with who brought the players through (assistant, hoyd, director of football) and it made no difference
I've had a good few over years come through teams I have been managing when they have came in. Had a good one at Shamrock Rovers a striker called Ron Mackie haha. He was playing first team football at 16 and I sold him (well the chairman) when he was 21 for £7.5mill. I ended up leaving them for Liverpool and had to pay £35mill for him from Celtic! But he was quality and ended up retiring at Liverpool to become a club legend haha.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:06 pm

Soldier, what FM are you using?

I know that one of the Football Managers, before an update basically meant none of your players would get called up for international football for some reason. 

Saying that, on my FM12 save with Swansea, Scott Sinclair was scoring 20 goals a season and didn't get called up until I became England manager, so sometimes, like in real life, they don't use what they should.

Celtic on my FM12 save are ridiculously good at signing players for cheap, and then selling them for double or triple the price, sometimes they're buying players for less than a million and selling them for £20 million. Their turnover of players is stupid, they're bringing in 15 players and selling 20 every summer, sometimes they sign players in the summer and sell them for a profit in January. All while dominating the SPL.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 26 Aug 2013, 12:06 pm

[quote="The_Enigma"]
The_Enigma wrote:
I actually bought the game in January and played like 6 hours on it, I just couldn't get into hit. Well this week I started a game and am really enjoying life at Macclesfield Town in the Conference. Focusing on re-structuring the back-room staff, I've only made loan signings so far this season and sit in 6th place after 20ish games. 2 Points away from breaking into the play-offs. Just managed to get into the 3rd round of the FA Cup with a tasty tie at home to Peterborough.

After a couple of seasons, I fancy giving Southport a try. Part-Time team that normally struggles, so it'll be a challenge to work with a tight budget as I aim to hit the play-offs in the first season!
Now into Mid-January and thrashed Peterborough 3-1 to move into the Fourth Round of the FA Cup, this time drawn at home to Charlton. In the league, I've managed to move into 3rd place with a game in hand, although I'm now under a transfer embargo as the club is currently in talks with a takeover.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 26 Aug 2013, 5:01 pm

Taken Norwich to 3rd in the Prem in my third season, yet Nigel Clough got the England job ahead of me Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 27 Aug 2013, 1:20 pm

Crimey wrote:Soldier, what FM are you using?

I know that one of the Football Managers, before an update basically meant none of your players would get called up for international football for some reason. 

Saying that, on my FM12 save with Swansea, Scott Sinclair was scoring 20 goals a season and didn't get called up until I became England manager, so sometimes, like in real life, they don't use what they should.

Celtic on my FM12 save are ridiculously good at signing players for cheap, and then selling them for double or triple the price, sometimes they're buying players for less than a million and selling them for £20 million. Their turnover of players is stupid, they're bringing in 15 players and selling 20 every summer, sometimes they sign players in the summer and sell them for a profit in January. All while dominating the SPL.
Am on 2013. There must be some bug because there is the odd Media article the comes up sayin Ugolini for Italy call up? Even though he's had 1 cap (and one goal) for San Marino!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 27 Aug 2013, 4:27 pm

Started a new save yesterday with Liverpool, finished 3rd only signing Dempsey in the January window. Hadn't had a red card all season, got to the final of the Europa League and got 3 reds in the first half!!

Signed Isco for £30.5m before my second season, the board gave me quite an easy target of qualifying for the Europa this season, I'm hoping to push for the title though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 29 Aug 2013, 3:50 pm

i started a new league with oldham and for the first time started with a national team as well. oldham and england manager!! got oldham into the prem but i somehow managed to win back to back world cups!! some amazing regen players in my england team. probably the best midfielder ive ever seen in the game from spurs and he's still only 19

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2