The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Hartley a goner?

+25
OzT
InjuredYetAgain
Barney McGrew did it
LondonTiger
bluestonevedder
Scrumpy
The Great Aukster
nganboy
Big
Cyril
Notch
TJ1
UlstermaninGlasgow
markb
formerly known as Sam
Artful_Dodger
rodders
Pot Hale
majesticimperialman
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
MrsP
alcoombe
Geordie
doctornickolas
Portnoy's Complaint
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Hartley a goner? - Page 2 Empty Is Hartley a goner?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sat 08 Dec 2012, 11:15 am

First topic message reminder :

In a performance last night, in which his front five was almost pummelled, Hartley was subbed and once again demonstrated temperament issues which the citing officer may have yet to retain an interest via unusual off-ball forearm activities.

I'm a great fan of itchy-sctatchy-yappy hookers of the rugby variety. But losing faith in Dylan.

Can SL trust the man to retain his form and cool and stay on the pitch so long as his coach and not the referee determines?
He's now a grown man and no longer am impetuous youth.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Is Hartley a goner? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Hartley a goner?

Post by TJ1 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:12 pm

Hartley on Mc Caw 2010 is a prime example - and there are many others. Punched Ross Ford the same year

His most recent game of course - niggle then attack on the head. Classic Hartley.

he will allways be under a cloud unless he can control his temper.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:28 pm

Also of course the bans for biting and for gouging.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:31 pm

Didn't he get yellow carded when he came on as a sub when under MJ in the 6Ns? think he'd been on for all of about 5 minutes when he got the card.

Saying that, I think he should start, like a scrummie, you need an abrasive hooker to get under the other side's skin. His throwing is good and he has good strength.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by mbernz Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:15 pm

You won't get a reasonable discussion from some posters on Hartley because they love to hate him. Completely understandable, he is a bit of a knob, but you just have to ignore those voices that are vehement in their opinion about him and rely on those that are more coldly critical.

Players like Hartley should serve as a warning to young players, if you give yourself a bad name at the beginning of your career it doesn't matter if you change your stripes or not, for some quarters you'll never be able to do right and will always be to blame.

In this instance I don't see how he can't be cited and banned for his actions. Likewise should Best.

mbernz

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:30 pm

What did Best do?

Hartley has attempted to control his temper and has been better of late than in the past however his record stands for itself. banned for biting, banned for gouging along with plenty of yellow and red cards. this lastest incident merely shows that he has not changed.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm

TJ wrote:What did Best do?

Hartley has attempted to control his temper and has been better of late than in the past however his record stands for itself. banned for biting, banned for gouging along with plenty of yellow and red cards. this lastest incident merely shows that he has not changed.

He tried to get back into the defensive line the no good thug. But don't worry hartly sorted him out good by pulling him back, tripping him and giving him a good couple of boshes to the head! These is just no room for that type of behaviour, from best, in the modern game. Lol he fairly backed down when Big John Afoa stepped in.

People dislike hartly for his off field stuff to. He is just a real prat to be honest!

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Mon 10 Dec 2012, 1:57 pm

I don't think he is a goner by the way despite being a hard person to like he is a decent player and England would be silly to drop him. Cian Healy was a penalty machine when he was first came on the scene due to his temper but he has sorted that out in the last two seasons. There may be hope for him yet.

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Mon 10 Dec 2012, 2:03 pm

Interesting bit of useless info on Healy..

Cian Healy also has a small career as a professional DJ, going by the name of DJ Church. At the music festivals Oxegen 2010 and Oxegen 2011, he performed in the Electric Ballroom along with his band partner DJ Gordo. The hand sign "the Church", which Healy uses to celebrate every time he scores a Try in a Rugby match, comes from the hand symbol he uses for his DJ name.

Thanks to wiki

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 10 Dec 2012, 2:12 pm

Thank you Captain Random, your work here is done. thumbsup
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Dec 2012, 2:13 pm

Personally I think that Hartley is, right now, a better hooker than Youngs.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 10 Dec 2012, 4:03 pm

OzT wrote:Interesting bit of useless info on Healy..

Cian Healy also has a small career as a professional DJ, going by the name of DJ Church. At the music festivals Oxegen 2010 and Oxegen 2011, he performed in the Electric Ballroom along with his band partner DJ Gordo. The hand sign "the Church", which Healy uses to celebrate every time he scores a Try in a Rugby match, comes from the hand symbol he uses for his DJ name.

Thanks to wiki
Good lord, another "Church" - that would have really confused the life out of Gavin Henson (and caused Healy to sleep with one eye open if they were ever to share a room on a Lions tour)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:24 pm

What disappointed me about the Best incident being a Saints fan was him returning to his petulant childish ways because things were not going well on the pitch, as I thought he had outgrown that over the past 18 to 24 months. I do however agree with others that a citing would be overkill of the incident but based on the current climate in the corridors of power wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Ability wise I agree with LT, feel he is still better than Tom Youngs in the basics of the job and do feel people often overlook the good things he does for both the Saints and England due to their dislike of him. I doubt he will ever completely loose the pantomime villain tag many have of him now although he mostly has has himself to blame for that. In my opinion he has never let England down in terms of discipline or his core responsibilities as a hooker, did a good job leading an extremely inexperienced front row during some very testing times a while back and based on the third test in South Africa is obviously seen as a leader by the current England coaching staff. Tom Youngs and others time will certainly come but for now I still feel he is the best choice for England (yes, even after the NZ game).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/19868.php#.UMZCGIPtQ3k

Sort of disappointed as I was quite looking forward to seeing him at Ravenhill.

Not sure he would have got quite the same warm welcome as the rest of the Saints or their supporters. I have to say that all reports I have heard from both sets of fans has been an absolute pleasure to read. It is clear from all their comments that the Saints fans are just great rugby people and great craic was had by all before, during and after the match.

The Ulster fans have spoken of help they received in getting to the match and Saints Fans have posted on the Ulster Rugby FB page praising the visitors.

Fantastic!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2