The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues vs Montpellier Post Match

+11
Coleman
Notch
thebluesmancometh
mikey_philVIII
Looseheaded
kingjohn7
Tramptastic
wales606
BigTrevsbigmac
LeinsterFan4life
maestegmafia
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blues vs Montpellier Post Match - Page 2 Empty Blues vs Montpellier Post Match

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Dec 2012, 12:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

3 - 0 to the Blues so far and patchell missed one from half way, just short...

Good game, blues looking good

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Blues vs Montpellier Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Blues vs Montpellier Post Match

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

mikey_philVIII wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
kingjohn7 wrote:Why is it biased? Is it not a legit topic for discussion, and it all comes down to personnel judgement. Just saw replay, he wraps his arms around the top half of his body,not low down so that he can be 'speared'. What are chances of getting a pro rugby player on their head(which he didnt) from that tackle? These guys dont weigh 50kgs. I agree that it did turn out dangerous(extremely unlucky) so a yellow imo.

Law 10.4(j) reads: Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player’s feet are still off the ground such that the player’s head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.

- The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)

Clear cut red card. Elbows above shoulder & carried on down with movement. Upper body in contact with ground.
Ref is doing well.....

I think John is right on saying it usually comes down to personal judgement/interpretation of the official.

I agree. But this was as clear cut as you get.....IMO.

I thought it was naive for Evans to attempt to defend it at half time. Just smacked of bias. I'm sure it wasn't deliberate but that's not the point or law.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Blues vs Montpellier Post Match - Page 2 Empty Re: Blues vs Montpellier Post Match

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:11 pm

Lloyd Williams, well having not seen the decision I can only deduce that little Lloyd was very unlucky, did little wrong and he will continue his rich vain of form soon enough...

I would laugh but the little man sausage makes me cry!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:12 pm

Silly by Filse there...

Blues concede a penalty and its kickable

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:14 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Silly by Filse there...

Blues concede a penalty and its kickable

Agree, the Blues had a good shot when it was a 1pt game, 4 points mean they have to reduce it to 1 soon, because a try look unlikely.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

64 minutes in and game over, at least the Arms park faithfull got 60 minutes of competitiveness today, quite a good result for them, they'll go home pretty happy tonight, or should I say they'll be leaving the stadium now in a good mood?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

Gutting for the Blues, too hard to defend for so long with 14 men

18 - 27
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

How powerful is Gorgodze? Some very good players in Montpelier.

Blues have done well so far to hold them.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

Davies, get your board up son here come the fans to tell you what they think.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:19 pm

Blues need a bit of magic, or a bit of stupidity to generate a try of they want to win.

Patchell to take it to a 6pt game

21 - 27
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:21 pm

Another great kick from Patchell.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:21 pm

I tell you what, there are a number of Blues players who really impress me, not with too much talent but with work ethic and grunt, Navid, Hewitt, Patchell, and Copeland, if only we could get some actual NWQ talent in.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

It speaks volumes that Tovey, the more experienced flyhalf was taken off in favour of young Patchell

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

Excellent work from Jones, cuthbert and navidi.

3 pt game

Lewis jones has been excellent off the bench
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:25 pm

Anyone else think that Patchell's performances are rather like an early 1/2p's, making the right decisions at the right time.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:26 pm

Some coaches say never accept a tackle, Cuthbert says accept the tackle before the tackle that way you won't get hurt!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:26 pm

If only Patchell wasnt injured so early on in the season, the Blues may have enjoyed better performances

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:28 pm

Blues need a miracle length of the field try...I don't think so.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:29 pm

Mike

Patchell couldn't have helped the scrum or breakdown fiasco!!

Blues are lacking muscle, quality, youth, experience, brains and brute, aside from that we are up there with the best!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:34 pm

That run by Cuthbert highlights everything that is wrong with junior rugby in the UK, 2 on 1 in his own 22, nothing to lose by running it but instead of drawing the man and giving the pass, then working his socks of in a support run, he does what he's done all his junior career, run around all the smaller kids who couldn't catch him...

THE MOST PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A RUGBY PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:

THE MOST PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A RUGBY PLAYER I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!

Three words.

Sam
Norton
Knight

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:41 pm

LH

I am willing to bet SNK had a far better tackle % and he at least could pass off both hands, we'd be better off with him on the wing instead of Cuthbert, the guy is big and quick but cannot play rugby, he makes Tom James look classy!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:44 pm

The more i watch thebluesmancometh from a distance the more i think he ain't Welsh.

Infact i think he is Irish man having a laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:50 pm

Well not a great result because of Williams stupidity...! Blues are out.

They showed signs of being a half decent team, Patchell and Tovey look great, Copeland, Andrews and Nalvidi are in good form too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:51 pm

I agree. He seems to enjoy his rugby, talk sense about it and generally seems like a good all round guy. Seems to undermine his claim to be, ahem, 'Welsh' Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 09 Dec 2012, 2:56 pm

Mock all you like, I don't get this wound up about Irish, English, Scottish, French or Japanese rugby!!!!

But the view from you I'll take that as a compliment

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 4:54 pm

IronMike wrote:It speaks volumes that Tovey, the more experienced flyhalf was taken off in favour of young Patchell

Tovey wasn't playing FH. He hasn't for a while after his awful performance there a month or so ago. Patchell is playing far better, although Tovey looked good at FB today, that could be where he spends the majority of his time for a while - unless Patchell gets called up and Dan Fish recovers.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 5:53 pm

Notch wrote:I agree. He seems to enjoy his rugby, talk sense about it and generally seems like a good all round guy. Seems to undermine his claim to be, ahem, 'Welsh' Whistle
Laugh Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

I went to the game today. The size of the crowd was very disappointing, but to be fair they/we tried our best to get behind the lads. Patchell was immense; he really looks like a player who can deliver at this level. From my angle I didn't think it was a red, but from the cameras angle it was a red card. Gutsy performance from the lads, they kept at it and if we could show that vigour for the league matches we'd be somewhere.

Also, the Montpellier fans were great, good banter and nice guys.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

So how did Andrews and H. Robinson play? And I see Copeland is getting all the plaudits again, what has this guy got to do to displace Pretorious? The Provinces will be chasing him next year.

I'd prefer to see Patchell go to the Wales U20 team during the 6 Nations and would like to see them select all the elgible players who have his experience. Samson might still be eligibile, no?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:46 pm

Andrews did well, good to see him keeping the form he showed in the Wales team going. I didn't see a lot of Harry, he did get beat for a high ball on my side of the pitch once, but he has to expect to be targeted there with high height. Pretorious is playing well and is our best choice at 8. I'd like us to keep with Copeland, Pretorious, Navidi. They seem to want to be on the field for us.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:56 pm

Tell you what Andrews has shocked me, from that moment he was ready to run on and cover for Jarvis in the All Black game i got that "oh no" sinking feeling,
but he has done nothing but prove me wrong since then, good on him Wales need players to step up.

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:07 pm

Andrews was ok in the scrum in the first half, Hobbs not good enough i'm afraid. Switched off at half time.
Watched the incident again, terrible stuff at the back of that scrum from Pretorius, that said French sh was offside.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

Glad Andrews is keeping up the good form. Maybe the Wales management were on to something when they kept selecting him, they've actually developed another player (maybe). Blues are a couple signings away from being a top team again. I'm sure they'll be a lot better next season. Cardiff RFC seem to have a few good young'uns in their ranks, and the academies are winning games.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:09 pm

Morgannwg wrote:So how did Andrews and H. Robinson play? And I see Copeland is getting all the plaudits again, what has this guy got to do to displace Pretorious? The Provinces will be chasing him next year.

I'd prefer to see Patchell go to the Wales U20 team during the 6 Nations and would like to see them select all the elgible players who have his experience. Samson might still be eligibile, no?
The provinces are stacked with backrowers. So the blues should be able to hold onto him.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:11 pm

Yes they certainly are, perahps not Connacht though. And Stander will be on his way at the end of his contract. By that time Copeland will probably be a top player.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:12 pm

Got the impression the Blues just haven't let the dead wood go, they have a good core but some real poor players/past it to go with it

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:24 pm

The blues are woeful Copeland is another top Leinster Academy i think his preferred position is actually second row. A position Leinster are looking to strengthen depth and quality wise.

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Yes they certainly are, perahps not Connacht though. And Stander will be on his way at the end of his contract. By that time Copeland will probably be a top player.
Connacht have 4-5 good ones. I think they are looking a getting a backrower from Leinster (Rumours are that Jordi Murphy could be heading there) I hope he stays with the blues, because he is playing so well.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

tecphobe wrote:The blues are woeful Copeland is another top Leinster Academy i think his preferred position is actually second row. A position Leinster are looking to strengthen depth and quality wise.
He was top scorer as a backrower in the championship, so his prefered positon must be backrow. definately his best position.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:37 pm

Morgannwg wrote:So how did Andrews and H. Robinson play? And I see Copeland is getting all the plaudits again, what has this guy got to do to displace Pretorious? The Provinces will be chasing him next year.

Andrews did as well as could be expected in the scrum, he wasn't responsible for any penalties of back-foot ball, he just didn't have the power behind or a decent LHP.

Robinson was anonymous again. One run in to traffic and one lost high ball that led to a penalty.

Copeland was good, but Pretorious was very good last week and fairly good this week.

I would rather see a competent young 10 with Wales, especially with Preistland injured - perhaps Patchell could even get a chance along with more time for Biggar.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:38 pm

Well he has suggested that he would prefer to play second row.

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:41 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Got the impression the Blues just haven't let the dead wood go, they have a good core but some real poor players/past it to go with it

It is a rebuilding process.

We will lose a few more players this season - Roberts (useless wage), Filise (poor today, age catching him) perhaps Sweeney.

We just need to bring in some experienced players at 1, 2 (Matthew Rees?), 8 (perhaps), 9 (a must) and some creativity in the centres. A big name signing in the second row wouldn't go a miss either, to try to help Downs, Cook and Hill develop their game.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:41 pm

tecphobe wrote:Well he has suggested that he would prefer to play second row.
Oh.. where did he say that?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

tecphobe wrote:Well he has suggested that he would prefer to play second row.

When did he say that?

He played 6 all last season and was signed as a 6/8

If he wanted to play lock he came to the wrong team - we have Bradley Davies, Lou Reed, James Downs, Cory Hill, McCauley Cook and Micheal Paterson in the squad. Not to mention a few more decent prospects in the academy.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by tecphobe Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:44 pm

when he was playing for the titans before moving to cardiff. It's also listed as his preffered position on there website.

tecphobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:46 pm

I think you might overrate your prospects in that area but fair enough. Fact is Wales haven't produced a good prospect in the 2nd row for three years.

Top four should be Davies, Reed, Downs, Hill. Patterson to cover. No need for a big name in the back 5. Cook is more of a 6, and an average one.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 9:49 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I think you might overrate your prospects in that area but fair enough. Fact is Wales haven't produced a good prospect in the 2nd row for three years.

Top four should be Davies, Reed, Downs, Hill. Patterson to cover. No need for a big name in the back 5. Cook is more of a 6, and an average one.

Cook is still young and developing, as is Hill.

I expect Paterson to start in the second row when fit - as Navidi is established in his 6 shirt. If Lou Reed, Warburton, Navidi, Paterson and B.Davies are fit then there will be a fair selection dilemma.

The 6 shirt seems to be lucky at the Blues, Pretorious got player of the year their 2 years ago, Paterson last year and I expect that Navidi will get it this year.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:04 pm

wales606 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:I think you might overrate your prospects in that area but fair enough. Fact is Wales haven't produced a good prospect in the 2nd row for three years.

I expect Paterson to start in the second row when fit - as Navidi is established in his 6 shirt. If Lou Reed, Warburton, Navidi, Paterson and B.Davies are fit then there will be a fair selection dilemma.

The 6 shirt seems to be lucky at the Blues, Pretorious got player of the year their 2 years ago, Paterson last year and I expect that Navidi will get it this year.

No Copeland will Very Happy
I see Navidi more of a natural openside.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:15 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
wales606 wrote:

No Copeland will Very Happy
I see Navidi more of a natural openside.

He has played most of his game at 6 this season though, although I expect he will be back at 7 for the 6Ns. Copeland is good, but not had the impact that Pretorious and Paterson did, or Navidi has so far.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 8:34 am

When Lloyd Williams' tackle occurred, I knew it would be red. But when I saw a replay, it looked like Pretorious possibly caused the tip by pulling the guy who was lifted. I was gutted for Tovey having to make way. Poor guy can't get a decent game at the minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next