The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 7 - Predictions revealed

2 posters

Go down

Round 7 - Predictions revealed Empty Round 7 - Predictions revealed

Post by kamran Wed 12 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

Kamran

Napoli 0 - 1 Benfica
----------------- Van Persie

A very tight game as the home side harried Benfica all game but in the a end a brilliant shot by Van Persie sealed all 3 points very late on. Napoli started aggressively and never gave Silva and Nasri and any space to play. Lavezzi nearly put the home side ahead with a long range effort only to be denied but Hummels by heading it out bravely. Benfica slowly tried to play their way in the game and eventually got a hold in the second half. The game was end to end in the last 5mins and Dembele fed Van Persie, he turned onto his right foot and bent home the winner from 25 yards. Worthy of winning any match.
----

Valencia 2 - 1 Schalke
Neymar (2) ------- Pablo H

Both teams will look at this as a lost opportunity for all 3 points as both had chances for the winner. Earlier, Valencia dominated with Robben and Neymar combining and Neymar finishing with style. Schalke were lucky not to go 2 down when Robben was judged to be offside but clearly was onside. Moments later Villa smashed the bar and Pablo reacted first and tapped home the equaliser. Valencia pushed further up field and Drogba was 1v1 but his shot hit the post and out. Schalke countered with Pablo racing clear but rushed his shot and fluffed it completely. In the last moments, Neymar picked up the ball in midfield and accelerated past Fernandinho and then headed to Mertersacker and nutmegged him and then came back to he left leg and cheekily chipped the keeper....and scored. Genius by the brazilian.
----------

Roma 1 - 2 Spurs
Ba ---------- Mata, Bale

Although Roma have improved, they were up against a tough opposition in Spurs that won quite comfortably even though the scoreline suggests it was close. Spurs attacked the Roma side who had a defensive crisis beforehand and were made to work hard against a flying Bale and Mata who linked brilliantly together. Both got on the scorsheet first half and Higuain was denied by the woodwork twice too. In the last 10mins Ba fired home a brilliant volley after Totti set him up. Roma tried to get the winner but Spurs held up well.
--------------

Lazio 2 - 2 Porto
Pirlo ---------- Tevez, Pedro
Huntelaar

Great game of football as both teams attacked from the first min and created numerous chances. The defending on both sides were shocking sometimes, especially 2 pass backs from both respective teams that resulted in goals. Tevez re-took the lead with a mazy run and fierce shot but Huntelaar equalised with a stunning volley after Hazard crossed the ball perfectly to the dutchman.

Hodgey

Napoli 0-2 Benfica
Silva, van Persie

Napoli continue to struggle and up against a strong Benfica side were comfortably beaten. The duo of Silva and van Persie has massive potential for the Portuguese side, with van Persie's runs complementing Silva's incisive passing perfectly. The Spaniard opened the scoring himself first whilst van Persie doubled his side's lead in the second half, both goals coming as a result of non-existent defending.

===

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Newcastle
Yaya Toure

I feel Newcastle look weaker this week and were punished by a spirited Atletico side. Kamran has done well to keep Falcao, but the Colombian was muted today and centre stage belonged to Yaya Toure in midfield, who dominated Montolivo with his penetrative and powerful runs. Newcastle had no joy really up front, although Michu looked bright on his debut. Puyol dealt very well with Ibrahimovic's threat.

===

Roma 0-2 Tottenham
Mata, Bale

Another side in desperate need of improvement are Roma, and in spite of their defensive formation, Spurs were more than capable of winning this game at ease. Cahill and Kompany were unfazed throughout the game, allowing Walker and Evra to get involved in every attack almost. Evra's pull back to Mata allowed the Spaniard to sweep Tottenham into the lead, before Bale went on one of his trademark runs before slicing across goal into the far corner.

===

Lazio 1-2 Porto
Willian - Tevez, Ribery

Lazio caused Porto problems but going forward the Portuguese team had just about enough to win this game. Both sides have weaknesses at the back that will need shoring up, Schmelzer and Maicon particularly floundered today, but going forward neither lack quality or confidence. Willian put his side ahead with an audacious volley, but Tevez's tenacity brought Porto back into the game, first hassling an error out of Schmelzer and finishing, before his freekick found Ribery unmarked at the far post.

CaptainUnited

Napoli 1-3 Benfica
cavani
rvp,nasri,silva
A good game overall with lots of goals, Benfica were to strong for Napoli as Silva,nasri,rvp
were threats throughout and capped off fine individual displays with a goal each, cavani however
managed to score for napoli but it was not enough Cavani and Lavezzi caused some problems
for benfica but were unable to find the back off the net.

Valencia 2-1 Schalke
neymar(x2)
villa
very close match, which overall valencia probably shaded. A strike by Villa in the second half
after breaking a strong valencia defense who looked set to score first. it was Neymar who
caused problems for Schalke who managed to score twice. Both teams came
close to score when villa miss judged the ball from goetze and headed wide and it was navas
who hit the cross bar.

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Newcastle
falcao
michu
A nice performance from both sides saw them divide the points between themselves and some
good goalkeeping from both keepers to prevent more goals. atletico took an early lead when
yaya's amazing through ball found falcao which was chipped over the goalkeeper and found
the back off the net. newcastle however came strong in the second half and a moment off brilliance
from michu who scored with a mazy run and a tidy finish into the corner of the net.

Roma 1-2 Spurs
ba
bale,mata
t was a dream first half for Roma as they took the lead when cazorla cut inside and picked out ba
who stole in at the near post to steer his volley past Reina.Bale gave spurs a route back into the
game as he slotted into the far corner from mata low ball across the box in the 51st minute and
minutes later Burdisso fouled higuain and mata stepped forward to deliver the killer blow.

Marky
Valencia v Schalke - A very tight game, both sides have the flair but both also have very adequate DM's. I think if Neymar was played at LW he's have tormented Rafael and won them the game, but Robben isn't quite able to inflict the same problems so a draw is the fair result.
Valencia 1-1 Schalke
(Neymar) (Draxler)

Atletico Madrid v Newcastle - Two of the strongest sides in the league, both have the players to score bags of goals, but the reality is that Atletico's defence just doesn't match up to Newcastle's, and that is where the game was won by Newcastle. I also think playing Ozil at AM and signing a more natural RW would benefit Atletico.
Atletico Madrid 2-4 Newcastle
(Falcao x2) (Ibrahimovic x2, Ben Arfa, Michu)

Roma v Spurs - Roma with a different setup which works for them, still think they need to improve on Totti and Ba, but it's a decent approach from Roma and credit to them for that. Spurs have improved their defence but now they need to move on to swapping M'Vila for a better DM and Lennon for a better RW, if i'm being picky. Good game though, both sides scoring but a draw the fairest result.
Roma 2-2 Spurs
(Cazorla, Marchisio) (Bale, Mata)

Lazio v Porto - Lazio look good but need to play Schmelzer at LB and get an out and out CB in, no need to be playing Bertrand and being weaker at CB. Porto with their big names look good, but there's still a question mark over Sneijder and he needs to be playing regularly IRL or replaced IMO. Another great game but I feel porto nick the win due to Lazio's defensive issues.
Lazio 2-3 Porto
(Willian, Huntelaar) (Pedro, Tevez, Ribery)

Hero
Napoli 2-1 Benfica
Cavani, Lavezzi - RVP

Few interesting battles across the pitch but I feel the game is won/lost down the right flank of Benfica as Lavezzi causes Jenkinson no end of trouble with little assistance from ‘I don’t like standing in walls’ Nasri. Verratti in midfield also excelled beyond his years whilst Rodriguez for Benfica looked threatening.

Valencia 3-1 Schalke
Navas, Neymar x2 – Goetze

Two of the most exciting young players in the world battled for supremacy but it ended up being the Neymar show as he targeted the snail like Mertesacker who was ran ragged by the Brazilian. Goetze too had moments of brilliance but had Rami & Chiellini facing him which proved a much harder prospect.

Roma 1-2 Spurs
Ba – Mata, Higuain

Improving again from Roma but needs to bring Cazorla into a more central role similar to Mata. Spurs need a better DM to assist Modric.

Lazio 3-1 Porto
Vidal, Pirlo, Hazard - Tevez
Lazio have a really decent side and certainly more form players than Porto who seem to have assembled a side that would implode with egos in the dressing room. De Rossi, Sneijder, Ribery and Tevez all together to me just sounds trouble.

LukelovesLuka
Napoli 2 - 3 Benfica
Cavani, Lavezzi ; RVP (2), Dembele

A lot of good attacking options on display here, and I see goals. I slightly prefer Benfica's XI, and think they have a higher quality of player throughout. Napoli's front 3 keep them in the game, but Benfica have enough to gain a top win here.

Valencia 2 - 1 Schalke
Neymar, Robben ; Pablo

Two very strong sides, both built around solid defences and exciting attacks. I think that Valencia have a bit more about them, and with Xavi have the best player on show. At home, I think they will dictate, and get a good win.

Atletico Madrid 2 - 1 Newcastle
Falcao (2) ; Ibrahimovic

What a game this is. Definitely one i'd love to watch. Two very dangerous front fours from both sides, neither much better than the either. Midfields are pretty close too - Yaya probably all that sway it to Atletico. Think the home side have just enough here.

Roma 0 - 1 Spurs
Higuain

Not sure about some of the players in certain positions here for Roma. Gutierrez at wing back doesn't work for me, and I think Cazorla is too deep. This Spurs side has great balance, and a threat from everywhere on the pitch, and see them nicking a win.

Pullthestrings
Napoli 1 - 3 Benfica

Valencia 1 - 0 Schalke

Atletico 1 - 1 Newcastle

Lazio 1 - 2 Porto

Cor Blimey Guvnor
Napoli 1 - 1 Benfica
Cavani --- RvP

Atletico Madrid 2 - 2 Newcastle
Falcao --------- Ibra
Suarez --------- Sanchez

Roma 0 - 1 Tottenham