The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 2012 The Final

+10
Price Check On Jackass
JJJohnson
Gregers
Crimey
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
MIG
Marky
theundisputedY2D2
Nakatomi Plaza
MtotheC
14 posters

Go down

Pease vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the last 12 months

V2 WWC 2012 The Final Vote_lcap41%V2 WWC 2012 The Final Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 18 ]
V2 WWC 2012 The Final Vote_lcap59%V2 WWC 2012 The Final Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 44

Poll closed

V2 WWC 2012 The Final Empty V2 WWC 2012 The Final

Post by MtotheC Fri 14 Dec 2012, 8:21 am

The 2012 final of the WWC is here and after three months of competition we have whittled the field down from 96 professional wrestlers from WWE, TNA, ROH and the indpendant circuit down to just two, last years winner defending champion CM Punk and goat face himself Daniel Bryan.

Who wins you decide...

Pease vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the last 12 months

As always leave a comment as to why you voted

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 2012 The Final Empty Re: V2 WWC 2012 The Final

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 14 Dec 2012, 8:54 am

I've gone for Daniel Bryan, as he's developed more than anyone else this year. He shown he's capable of doing comedy, and his segments with Kane has been the funniest stuff WWE has produced.

He's taken story lines which at first good have been poor, such has him and AJ, and made them great. He's also is the probably only man who could have come out of a 17 second WrestleMania burial, and come out stronger.

Add to this, some great matches with Sheamus, and Punk. For me Bryan is the total package, so gets my vote.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 14 Dec 2012, 9:14 am

I voted for CM Punk because for all the great stuff Daniel Bryan has done over the year, Punk has been equally as good plus he's held the WWE title for the whole of 2012, which isn't to be sniffed at considering all the obstacles he's had to overcome in his WWE tenure.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 14 Dec 2012, 9:24 am

I've gone Bryan, because looking at their work over the past 12 months, I have chosen the one who entertained me most. These two are far and away my two favourites, but Bryan edges it for me as he's been equally if not a tiny bit more entertaining than Punk and with worse storylines to deal with in the process.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 14 Dec 2012, 9:31 am

Last years final was epic can this years top it?

CM Punk 51% [ 36 ]
Kurt Angle 49% [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 71

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 14 Dec 2012, 9:43 am

I really like Daniel Bryan, but, as impressive as he has been and as entertaining as he has been CM Punk for me has been the number one guy in wrestling over the past year. To hold the WWE title for over a year from where he has come from is an incredible achievement.

I vote CM Punk.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

I vote Punk. He IS WWE right now, and to go a whole year as World Champion, and remain entertaining and fresh is a monumental achievement. He performed a heel turn that he had no right to pull off... that should have been impossible to pull off, but he did it. Bryan's achieved a hell of a lot, and this year has won me around when I was previously a critic. But this ain't the comedy awards. MtotheC ain't no Jonny Ross. This is the WWC. 2.0.1.2. And those digits belong to CM Punk.

If its any consolation to Bryan, I bought his t-shirt. First t-shirt since a 2001ish Y2J t-shirt. Well... first wrestling t-shirt anyway. I haven't just gone 10 whole years without buying a t-shirt of any kind. I usually stock up at the Next Sale. Got to get there quick though because medium's fly off the shelf. CM PUNK!

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:37 am

While I think Bryan has been excellent, I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we don't vote for Punk. He has been consistently excellent for me since about 2009, and he's finally getting the recognition he deserves and for me has been carrying WWE for nearly 2 years now.

Bryan has surprised me a lot with how good he's been, the new Kurt Angle for me, but CM Punk has been head and shoulders above everybody else in wrestling. CM Punk has been the top face and the top heel this year and done both equally well, he's the best on the mic right now and probably the best in the ring as well.

As a big fan of Punk since his very early ECW days, I'm so glad to see him doing well. Probably the only main eventer in recent years to actually resonate across all the fans rather than appealing to only to a particular section.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:55 am

I completely disagree crimey, for me the only choice can be Bryan.

A year ago Punk was a main eventer without question, a year ago Bryan was in danger of having a rubbish WHC reign followed by being buried by the big show. Bryan then went to becoming massively over and defending at WM... Where he got dumped on by WWE in that match. Somehow he's become the best thing about wwe since then with YES then NO.

Bryan for WWC 2012

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:16 am

I don't understand your logic.

CM Punk was "a main eventer without question" this time last year. This year, he is in exactly the same position, he has been World Champion ever since, the only reason he hasn't progressed is because he can't possibly do anything more than that. He is the top of the game and has been all year. Literally.

This time last year Bryan was in the main event picture - now he's not. How has he possibly had a better year?

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Fri 14 Dec 2012, 11:36 am

As much as I like Bryan, infact he has entertained me more than anyone else in the business over the last twelve months, I really do not see this as much of a competition.

Punk has been legitimate gold all year round, the longest reigning WWE Champion for 25 years or something like that and has consistently put on fantastic matches.

In this day and age for a champion to hold the belt for that period of time and not grow stale (John Cena) is a huge testament to just how talented that guy really is.

Ever since the "shoot" promo, there has been a tonne of pressure on Punk to deliver and I really believe he has, in every single aspect.

I thought he was a top quality face who put on really top drawer matches against Jericho,Ziggler and Bryan. Then as a heel, and his affiliation with Heyman, I have enjoyed immensely. The whole feud with Ryback has been a breath of fresh air in the title scene for me.

He is brilliant on the mic, well rounded in the ring and now he looks like a bonafide star, which I think he deserves huge credit for. Sure, WWE have given him ample opportunities but Punk still had to make it work, and he has done, he has cemented his place as a true WWE main eventer and will be one for years to come.

Bryan is going places, but he is nowhere near that level yet and therefore he does not deserve to win this competition, in my opinion. Punk is beginning to define a "period" of pro-wrestling, something that Bryan may not ever do.

As much as I want to see The Rock with the WWE Championship, there is a huge part of me that would like to see just how far this Punk run can go, because I believe it has plenty of legs left in it.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Fri 14 Dec 2012, 1:51 pm

CM Punk! Punk IS Raw at the moment, the show feels incredibly flat when he's not involved.

To be champion in this day and age of hot shotting the title all over the place is testament to his work aswell.

Best In The Worllllld!

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

I've went for Daniel Bryan

I think CM Punk has had a tremdous year, possibly the best year of any WWE Wrestler in modern times, possibly with the exception of Cena in 2006/07 and at times he has been the sole reason to tune in, infact it was his performance at the RAW1000 that convinced me to start watching again.

Now, with that being said I think the guy who is a close second is Daniel Bryan, these two really have been a cut above the rest this year, and while I think Punks year has been more successful I think that Bryan with all the crap he has been given was set up for failure yet with a mixture of his in ring performance and his facial expressions along with his excellent body language, he's really took off and the fans have lapped it up.

You get the feeling that Bryan is fighting against the machine in WWE but they can't help but push him due to how freaking over he has gotten himself, Punk I don't believe is everyones favourite cup of tea either but they someones batting for him because they could easily have taken the belt off him had they really wanted too

I think both are massive success stories and have to give every indy guy major belief that they could be next, I'm voting for Bryan because I feel he's became absolutely vital to WWE now, Punk has remained vital to WWE like he was last year too, the only way I can separate them is by believing that Bryan has gained his success inspite of the WWE instead of because of them while I believe that they leanred long ago now that they can't do without Punk

Both worthy winners though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 14 Dec 2012, 4:00 pm

Don't think we are going to reach 70 votes like last year but this is just as close and could go either way!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 15 Dec 2012, 2:29 am

Punk all day and twice on Sundays, 2011 was a pretty poor year in terms of standout candiadates on reflection but this year we have two worthy winners.

Bryan has done outstandingly with the card he has been played and has hopefully shown the WWE that he deserves a top line position but this year truley belongs to Punk, perhaps this year more than any other he deserves to win this competition, turning in performances of a consistantly higher standard, sure WWE have been behind him more this year than Bryan but it could be argued while Bryan has had more oppertunities to reinvent himself and keep it fresh and interesting, meanwhile Punk has been left in the spotlight to keep the main event interesting and has done so magnificently and has baisically carried the 3 hour Raw with the past 2 weeks really highlighting the emptiness that he brings.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Dec 2012, 4:46 am

I picked Bryan but couldn't disagree with any of that, either, you're point about Punk being left in the spot light to keep the Main Event interesting is spot on, if anyone can keep the World Title interesting for the year then that's reason alone to win this competition

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 15 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm

Not disputing the winner but is argue the world title has only become interesting in the last few months. Did anyone really care running in to mania?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 16 Dec 2012, 1:45 am

I wouldn't blame CM Punk for that though, he was saddled with an abysmal opponent, a B PPV opponent not an opponent fitting of the World Championship match at WrestleMania, although that could have been rectified had Jericho won the Title on his first night back or won the Rumble, but he jobbed out every week, that wasn't Punks fault though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 16 Dec 2012, 1:51 am

What on earth happened with that last Jericho run with WWE, it was just shocking from start to finish.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 16 Dec 2012, 2:04 am

I've got no idea but whoever thought it up, passed it on then booked it should have been fired, I didn't want Jericho anywhere near Punk, he wasn't a big enough name for someone they where hoping could maybe become the biggest face in the business but they did go for him so from that moment they decided it was Jericho then they had to make him an absolutely huge deal.

Jericho made his comeback a week to late in my opinion, the previous week RAW was in Chicago, I'd have gave Punk 3 matches, feed him The Miz then Kevin Nash before a V.T hits the screen and the Undertakers gong goes, Punk is psyching himself up for Taker then the lights come up and he turns into a Code Breaker from Jericho who would appear from the crowd for the 123

Jericho returns and it truly would have meant his return would have signaled 'the end of the World as we knew it' then I'd have Punk thanks to 'the office' get screwed in his rematch the next week on RAW before being told he'd need to win the Rumble to ever get another shot, I'd then have him challenge Johnny Ace to a match, if he wins he gets #30 but if he loses he goes in #1, obviously it'd be yet another screwjob, Punk would win the Rumble from #1, I'd then have had Jericho start the Chamber match and retain the title, pinning or submitting at least 3 guys, this would have built both of them up as absolutely huge deals and made Punk beating Jericho at Mania actually mean something

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down