The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

4 posters

Go down

Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded Empty Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 5:27 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20770678

Basically, it's another reason why Russia should not be hosting the World Cup in 2018. Utterly, utterly shameful.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded Empty Re: Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

Post by Crimey Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:06 pm

Probably the most disgusting story I've heard in football all year. Does anybody believe Russia will have even come close to cleaning their act up by 2018?

It puts it into perspective how far English football has come when you compare to places like Russia where homophobia, racism and violence runs rampant. Yet, it's Russia who is awarded a World Cup and I seriously worry about the safety, both physical and mental of the world's black players in 2018.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded Empty Re: Zenit St Petersburg fans want black and gay players excluded

Post by Liam Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

yeh it truly is disgusting, when you still have black players having bananas thrown at them and being taunted by monkey chants, it shows like crimey said, how far british football has come and as a country in general, whereas other countries just can't seem to break free of these torrid values and ideas. Comes down to education at the end of the day.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:11 pm

Just to remind people, the other bids for the 2018 World Cup were:

Belgium/Holland joint bid
England
Portugal/Spain joint bid

If I was voting for who would host the World Cup, Russia would be bottom of my list. And don't even get me started on Qatar.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 18 Dec 2012, 10:42 pm

I agree Duty and would have been lovely countries to visit. don't think russia is top of any list for a holiday never mind a football tournament. I'm all for spreading the game but if a country hasn't cleaned up its act in regards to human rights and things like that, a football tournament should be nowhere near it.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 19 Dec 2012, 12:52 am

This isn't a new thing, I remember Dick Advocaat in 2007 or 2008 saying his job would be a helluva lot easier to do (as manager of Zenit) if he could sign Black playersn that's why I was majorly surprised by the signing of Hulk and Witzel in the Summer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:02 am

Duty281 wrote:Just to remind people, the other bids for the 2018 World Cup were:

Belgium/Holland joint bid
England
Portugal/Spain joint bid

If I was voting for who would host the World Cup, Russia would be bottom of my list. And don't even get me started on Qatar.
At least they didn't do a worldwide World Cup, with every match in a different country, That Euros is going to be a gigantic disaster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Feb 2013, 4:53 pm

Hope Liverpool walk off the pitch tonight if there's any racism. Only way UEFA will learn to take action is if games start to get disrupted because of it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 11 May 2014, 4:57 pm

Zenit fans appear to have acted in a calm and collected manner once again...oh hang on a sec.

Really hope England don't play in the 2018 World Cup, but it is a rather forlorn hope.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down