The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delon Jumah

+3
ShahenshahG
hampo17
wheelchair1991
7 posters

Go down

Delon Jumah Empty Delon Jumah

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:38 pm

Delon is a cruiserweight who has 2 ABA titles to his name and also comes from the same amateur boxing club as George Groves and James Degale. He has just signed for his first professional promoter, he has signed for team Sauerland.

Because of this naturally he will be fighting more in Europe. Is this something more British fighters should do ? and also should more British fighters sign for foreign promoters from the start rather than the traditional promoters Frank Warren, Frank Maloney etc?

Last edited by wheelchair1991 on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Delon Jumah Empty Re: Delon Jumah

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 12:56 pm

Read about this the other day and I often get the feeling with some Sauerland fighters they are wrapped in cotton wool and very rarely fight anyone with a chance. Hopefully this will be different but you'd have to question how good he is if non of the british promoters or even Golden Boy who are coming over here wanted him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 20 Dec 2012, 2:47 pm

I think Sauerland do a fair job for their fighters, their stronger ones are matched with the best available when appropriate and their weaker ones are brought slowly to the next level until they find their limits.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 2:51 pm

Not sure why you'd want Brit fighters fighting in Europe. Standard of boxers is much higher on these shores and Sauerland in particular are known as a cotton wool promoters that won't do much to help him progress. Expect to seem him in 4-5 years with 20 fights under his belt and not one recognisable name or challenge among them.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:19 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Not sure why you'd want Brit fighters fighting in Europe. Standard of boxers is much higher on these shores and Sauerland in particular are known as a cotton wool promoters that won't do much to help him progress. Expect to seem him in 4-5 years with 20 fights under his belt and not one recognisable name or challenge among them.

In fairness that can be said about a lot of British fighters also.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:38 pm

A lot yes, but not our best (Clev aside). By way of a comparison of pedigree, look at how Groves, DeGale, Frampton etc have been matched.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:32 am

I think he was promoted to the GB podium squad after Mbwakongo (sp) was dropped but I don't remember him boxing so I don't think he was highly thought of. Lawrence Osueke (sp) was.the latest Light Heavy to box but he lost a pretty onesided bout to Kenny Egan in the Tammer Tournament. Given that Egan is Ireland's second choice LH, though still a class act, one wonders why Jumah wasn't given a chance to prove his worth as an international.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 21 Dec 2012, 8:59 am

Kenny Egan must be like 100yo, he seems to have been around an eternity.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 21 Dec 2012, 10:41 am

He's 30, mate. He's still top class though. Joe Ward is our number 1 LH these days and is, in my opinion, probably the best LH in the world on his day. Big claim but he throughly outboxed the Russian Olympic Champion Menchonchev (sp) back in the spring. Was a big contender for the gold in London before being robbed by the Turk at the qualifier.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:36 pm

no, i like the brits coming through and winning the lonsdale outright in our country, and think they miss the experience if they dont, also from the boxnation undercard fights from germany they get nothing but tomato cans, and not even the tough ones.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down