The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education through video or words...

4 posters

Go down

Education through video or words... Empty Education through video or words...

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:06

Chris created the Calzaghe vs Conteh thread and I realised my views on Conteh are no more than of my fathers own views.

It has to be said Chris knows everything about boxing and I don't (many others on here don't either whether they admit to it or not).

Some posters on here amaze me; they are true scholars of the sport who have no doubt dedicated many hours studying the written word and moving image.

Personally, I'm not massive fan of boxing books. The amount of boxing books I've read is less than the amount of inches that make up my Winkle (9 books, lock up your wives!). Anyway, I'm not sure what the rules are on posting links to fights but i have a suggestion, how about the scholars, Manos, Rowley, Chris, Imperial, Captain etc, in an attempt to raise everyone boxing awareness, suggest a fighter and then discuss the fights which define that fighter's career or showcase their talents (or weaknesses) and then agree on a single link to educate the rest of us.

No reading for us plebs, just great entertaining highlight reels or fights!!

One problem: who do we have as educators, I suggest a thread only for those nominated in this years 606v2 most knowledgeable poster category? If they will accept of course?

Last edited by TheMackemMawler on Thu 20 Dec 2012, 22:38; edited 2 times in total
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Education through video or words... Empty Re: Education through video or words...

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:26

Can we exclude Union - his nomination in that category was mystifying! Sorry, Union, I love you, you strange autistic fatty but even you were taken aback by your inclusion.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Education through video or words... Empty Re: Education through video or words...

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:27

https://www.606v2.com/f135-career-in-video-ring-magazine-fights-of-the-year

A lot of hard work went into that by Union.

Could choose one of the fighters there as there is a lot of film garnered already.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:33

Career in film is all well and good Alex. However, the time it takes to watch a career you may as well have read the book.

What i'm suggesting is that those most knowledgeable get together and suggest a SINGLE video link to highlight a fighters career.

Not a sucession of links for the fights of Tyson and Nazeem Hamed, but rather, a single link for the more obscure.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:40

Gorillaproductions03 has done quite a few good tributes to fighters showcasing a lot of there career and sort of telling a story of it, the Roy Jones Jr one he did was good, shows how dominant he was in his hey day, his achievement of becoming HW world champion and then the huge and sad decline from the Tarver fight in which he was knocked and then the Johnson etc. that came after. Don't know if that's what you mean.

I can't post the link as I'm at work, but posting Youtube links on here is fine.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:48

Alex thanks for your response, does that guy do videos on the more obscure fighters or even just fighters that our dads talk about and we just take for granted as being good (my example was conteh).

What I'm talking about is the boards scholars discussing pre 1980 fighters and then agreeing on a single link to highlight their talents and or/weaknesses.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:49

It would be great if you could post the links you mention though...;.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:50

superflyweight wrote:Can we exclude Union - his nomination in that category was mystifying! Sorry, Union, I love you, you strange autistic fatty but even you were taken aback by your inclusion.

Erm, none taken.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Dec 2012, 20:58

Generally speaking no Mackem, can't access Youtube at work right now or my boss will spank me (May like that actually) There aren't a whole heap of guys pre 80's aside from the major ones like Ali etc. that get many videos posted in truth showcasing a well put story of a fighters career. Or at least not many that I have seen anyway.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down