The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YouTube Inspiration/Education

4 posters

Go down

YouTube Inspiration/Education Empty YouTube Inspiration/Education

Post by theslosty Sat 10 Aug 2013, 1:48 am

I have been seriously weight training for around a year now and I'm quite satisfied with my gains.
But what has really changed is my knowledge of fitness and strength and all that surrounds it.
Looking back at a couple of comments I posted a few months ago and I am cringing at my then inexperience but also am proud at how far I have come.

The Internet is obviously such an amazing resource and you can find an answer to almost anything strength related on websites such as bodybuilding.com or TNation.
Yet the greatest insight I can credit is a guy named Elliot Hulse and his YouTube channel, "strengthcamp".

He holds an astonishing amount of knowledge but just as crucially has all the experience, highs and lows, mistakes and turning points.

There are more popular YouTube fitness channels such as "twinmuscleworkout" or "sixpackshortcuts" but they don't even compare. Elliot's teaches way beyond the gym and reminds me what I am trying to do.

This is a serious recommend as is his free PDF book, "The 4 Layers of Strength."
You won't regret it.

Any other YouTube recommendations?
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

YouTube Inspiration/Education Empty Re: YouTube Inspiration/Education

Post by J.Benson II Mon 12 Aug 2013, 2:46 pm

I agree on Elliot Hulse. He has a good channel for beginners. He does occassionally give some bro-science but overall provides sound information.
I find the Hodge Twins pretty tiresome. They spend more time clowning around then giving information and some of what they do give out is questionable.

Bodybuilding.com has some good articles on training and diet but much of it is recycled. The forums though are mainly full of teenagers that idolize Zyzz.

T-Nation used to have some great training articles. However, it now just seems to be totally affiliated with the supplement company "Bio-Test". Some of the articles there now are so ridiculous its almost laughable. Many of the writers/posters (like Christian Thibaudeau) are very quick to deny their steriod usage yet never forget to tell everyone how important Mag-10 or Indigo 3G (or whatever the latest Bio-Test product is out) is to their training and recovery.
Rolling Eyes 

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:19 am

I like Ross Inamait (rosstraining.com)..very much a one for boxers etc but its all about alternative training...bodyweight stuff, hindu press ups, handstand press ups etc...which i love and do regularly through the week.
Check it out...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:12 am

Worst articles are the ones who show themselves lifting what they think are heavy weights in usually awful form and then put "Warmup" set on it.....

Why would anybody post the warm up and not the heavy working set..

Morons..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Aug 2013, 1:18 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:I like Ross Inamait (rosstraining.com)..very much a one for boxers etc but its all about alternative training...bodyweight stuff, hindu press ups, handstand press ups etc...which i love and do regularly through the week.
Check it out...

A favorite of mine, just good basic, simple, idiot proof old school training that works! Just a pity I don't have access to a 400m track and a truck tire!

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 15 Aug 2013, 2:15 pm

Absolutely Sohot...
Fortunatley i have the beach to play with...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down