The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration

+3
Chydremion
ONETWOFOREVER
hawkeye
7 posters

Go down

Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration  Empty Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration

Post by hawkeye Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:25 am

Bartoli won Wimbledon with her unique tennis skills and tactics and lightning quick reactions. What an inspiration for everyone. In a time when it has begun to look as if unless a player fits the physical mold (tall and naturally athletic) they have little chance of success this really is a breath of fresh air. It shows that tennis players can still be drawn from a wider base and must be an inspiration to lots of young players with similar skills. Tennis more as a game rather than a physical challenge.

Brains can sometimes beat brawn. Hurray!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration  Empty Re: Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 am

Erm no,

are you forgetting that Bartoli had it easy on her way to the final?

Plus Serena had a bad day at the office and Shara deliberitly lost so not to face Serena again and lose again but this time in brutal fashion after their recent spat?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration  Empty Re: Bartoli Wimbledon Champion. An Inspiration

Post by hawkeye Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 am

No... I'm not saying any of those things.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:50 am

I don't find an overweight winning the holy grail in tennis (or any SPORT) very inspiring.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:14 pm

All she proved is that brains beats brawn when brain has an IQ of 175. An inspiration for Mensa, not sure about anyone else.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 pm

On a serious note, congrats to her, but Im still not sure about this 'inspiration' business
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:28 pm

She was a worthy champion! She played some very good tennis throughout the tournament and today she did the same. I admire her focus and intent. Lisicki let the pressure of the moment get to her too much, yet bartoli had been there before and she wasn't going to let it slip away again.

Lisicki will win a GS one day, but Bartoli totally deserved it. It's sad to see so many negative comments on social media regarding her win.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Very pleased for Bartoli, a reward for persistence and fight.

Can't help but be a bit heartbroken for Lisicki though. Such a likeable girl who's smile has lit up Wimbledon. I have never seen someone so overcome with nerves and emotion for a final before.

It will hurt her that she didn't really turn up. If she'd played well and lost fair enough, but to not do herself justice will haunt her probably for the rest of her career.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 pm

It'll hurt alright, if she'd played well she wouldn't have lost.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down