The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer: Royal Inspiration

Go down

Federer: Royal Inspiration Empty Federer: Royal Inspiration

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Headlines in UK news media last couple of days reported that: “Kate and Will inspire Federer to win” when Federer suggested after his QF victory that royal presence was inspiring. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/kate-inspire-federer-wimbledon-163941386.html

Federer: Royal Inspiration 21345 Federer: Royal Inspiration 21345 for the royal couple Federer: Royal Inspiration 21345 Federer: Royal Inspiration 21345.

I speculate that Roger believes he can win today’s semi and anticipates a final vs Andy Murray. Roger is master of the mind game. Is this his way of competing with Murray for royal support, and by extension, the hearts of the home crowd,
in the event he does play the home favorite on Sunday? Federer: Royal Inspiration 3768075377

Last edited by CommonSense on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spacing)

Back to top Go down

Federer: Royal Inspiration Empty Re: Federer: Royal Inspiration

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:27 pm

Should Murray makes the final on Sunday, I would anticipate a seismic shift in support. I know there is plenty of Federer fans who are British, but when you have the chance to witness something a British male winning a Slam at Wimbledon for years on end, I can guarantee that there will be a part of you no matter how small or how big that is partisan and will secretly willing a Murray victory. Even if it is not to be and Federer was to win, yes it would be a large consolation to witness more history in the mens game.

Whilst many would mourn a Federer defeat, the comfort of witnessing British history and something which you know is very un-likely to happen again for a long time in your life time or you kids life time will be a consolation to which will serve as a memory of yes I lived in an era of the greatest player and was privileged to have witnessed such achievements, I also witnessed a British male winner of Wimbledon which I think as a side show to the Federer years is like having a bottle of Cristal (Federer) with a shot of 40 year old Whisky (Murray) which would be just as relevent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:55 pm

I understand. Home history vs universal history. I bet for a guy like Tim Henman it must be torture to chose.

I'm not British, so it's Fed all the way for me. But if Murray has what it takes to accomplish the task, he'll have earned my respect (sorry Seifer).

I don't think I'd mourn a Federer defeat. He's already solid in such an enviable ranking position. Murray once said that he'd swap Fed's worse year for his best year! Federer: Royal Inspiration 810156456

I'd be ok with whoever wins it as long as it's not Nadal. Federer: Royal Inspiration 484478

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:58 pm

CommonSense wrote:I understand. Home history vs universal history. I bet for a guy like Tim Henman it must be torture to chose.

I'm not British, so it's Fed all the way for me. But if Murray has what it takes to accomplish the task, he'll have earned my respect (sorry Seifer).

I don't think I'd mourn a Federer defeat. He's already solid in such an enviable ranking position. Murray once said that he'd swap Fed's worse year for his best year! Federer: Royal Inspiration 810156456

I'd be ok with whoever wins it as long as it's not Nadal. Federer: Royal Inspiration 484478

Well barring a major doping scandal involving 127 out of 128 players and the innocent party being Nadal, it is fair odds to say he won't be biting the trophy this year Laugh

Being British myself, a Murray Wimbledon and more history antics from Roger would suit my existance down to a T OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down