The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse ?

+5
GunsGerms
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Biltong
emack2
gregortree
9 posters

Go down

Apocalypse ? Empty Apocalypse ?

Post by gregortree Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:52 am

I went to bed, woke up, I see the world is still here today.
I've survived about 10 of these now. Yaaawn Apocalypse ? 1347041234

Anyway, it happened for NZ 20 days earlier on 1st December.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse ? Empty Re: Apocalypse ?

Post by emack2 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:29 pm

I survived too and AFTER the Apolacypse comes the Judgement,that awaits England when they next meet the All Blacks.
Wallow in your glory with a 22.86 wiin record against them since 1905,even France has done better than that.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:44 pm

Ah, a moral victory for the All Blacks then emack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:58 pm

emack2 wrote:I survived too and AFTER the Apolacypse comes the Judgement,that awaits England when they next meet the All Blacks.
Wallow in your glory with a 22.86 wiin record against them since 1905,even France has done better than that.
hmmmmm, maybe we should all become All Black supporters, then there won't be anyone to laugh at, mock, throw winning stats or losing stats at, eh?

After all, it doesn't sound that hard to change allegiance?

Last edited by Biltong on Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:02 pm

On the plus side looks like Wales might win a game before hell freezes over after all

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

NO,it was a great England win no one least of all I deny it,all praise to them.BUT keep it in proportion look at sides in the recent past that have beaten the AB`s.
Then the denuement Nantes France2009,Eden Park Boks first 3Ns 2010,Australia RWC Semi.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:17 pm

Me change allegiance not ever i`ve ALWAYS supported the AB`s too old to change now.Hi Biltong nice try if you were older you could remember te same about the Boks consistently. Yahoo OK THERE I can Wum too thumbsup

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:48 pm

Emack I would love to know your thoughts on a couple of things.

Since you started watching the game it has seen many changes. Have all those changes been for the best.

Has anything you loved about rugby been lost along the way?

As the game evolves and grows do you see any threats to the game you love, money and professionalism etc., club rugby, over regulation etc.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:27 pm

Apocalypse now in a minute.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:43 pm

The English are quite entitled to enjoy the afterglow of their victory, in the meantime 10,000 mile away we will just watch reruns of Manu Tuilangi taunting the All Blacks before touching down for the last try...........one day.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:56 pm

Yes,direct kicking into touch,first trialled by NSW when they were the Australian team 1928.The changes to the Mark once anywhere on the field and the Goal kick from it[Free kick]drop or place with a placer chargeable.
Scrum changes the old way setting up by rows was far more secure,and players being able to detach from a scrum.The Full Wheel of the Scrum/dribbling rush/and rush stopping forgotten skills.The RUCK as performed by NZ sides a 2-3-2[loose scrum].
The Card system,substitutes for any thing but genuine injuries and the Maul when going forward when stopped.Team going forward getting the put in.
In a word yes the Game has evolved but not in a good way,off course there are those like the curates egg.Good in parts what we have now is a hybrid of union and league.Most of the bad parts the laws have become over complicated and when an area.THE BREAKDOWN a REF can penalise EITHER side at every one it has to be a joke.
The IRB needs to go thru the Rules Line by Line and simplify en masse to just go back to the Ruck for example.will never happen to many "Blazers" with eggon there faces for that.
I have enjoyed Rugby all my life in many forms,i`ve seen more turgid games than most as well as many brilliant ones.I don`t view things thru rose tinted glasses change has to come.
.The dangers are already here it is no longer a sport but a Business and a job.
Money is now the be all and end all whether thru advertising,crowds,fan wear scarves ,replica shirts,dolls,whatever.It means more and more games with more injuries.player burnout etc.
Eventually you will have the Soccer Pattern a few very wealthy clubs will have all the best players.They will win all the trophies and you will have a you and us culture.
As an example Toulon has been a Billionaires plaything back to the days when Tana Umaga was there.More star players than I can count BUT have`nt exactly won many trophies over the years [this may be the exception].
IF the extra money in the game is invested in player development at all levels school kids,men,women,7`s GOOD.BUTmore likely it will go in higher wages and the suits pockets.
THE biggest step forward would be a UNIVERSAL Season in SH/NH tests,club.cup tournaments at the same time.LESS games for all players
in the end it will benefit the game but I doubt i`ll see it in my life time.

Last edited by emack2 on Mon 24 Dec 2012, 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat 22 Dec 2012, 6:41 pm

Reading your post on my way to my 15 year school reunion. I am delighted to say i agree with virtually everything you say and I am concerned about the game. In particular I fear that clubs like Toulon and greed will take over to the detriment of not only clubs with a rich rugby history but especially the international game which for me is the most important part of rugby. It seems to me that the game is changing faster than ever.

Anyway happy christmas.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sat 22 Dec 2012, 8:58 pm

emack2 wrote:I survived too and AFTER the Apolacypse comes the Judgement,that awaits England when they next meet the All Blacks.

Not very nice from someone who lives among us.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 23 Dec 2012, 4:27 am

The original thread was a WUM to an ALL BLACK supporter,i responded in kind a joke .Just as Biltong does it`s just banter i`m an Anglo-Scot and proud of it,I don`t and won`t defend to choose who I support its my business.
Tiglehorn I have supported England/Scotland I suspect long before you were born and still do so against any one versus the AllBlacks.
As I have said on numerous occassions i`ve been an AB supporter for 60 years,thru thick and thin.1953-4 was a team recovering from a Bok
whitewash before becoming the best Team in the History of the game by the record.
I`ve been there thru thick and thin that includes the 1970`s,1991,1998,and 2009 the RWC "chokers jibes"
I was among the first to congratulate England on there win BUT when someone tries rubbing my nose in it I retaliate in kind.a WUM for a WUM.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:45 am

Emack,
OP was all a bit tongue in cheek, idly trying to segway from the topical Mayans Apocalypse story to Rugby on 606. I have only the greatest respect for the ABs, because I am a rugby fan and also an Englander. There is a reason ABs are no 1 and it is a compliment that they set the standard everyone else wants to match. Not really WUMing anyone, just a bit of banter. I like your 'Judgement Day' riposte, as I think NZ will be out for blood when England call again, and I only hope England are not disgraced next time. So should be cracking. BTW ? when is our next fixture ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 23 Dec 2012, 11:42 am

gregortree wrote:Emack,
OP was all a bit tongue in cheek, idly trying to segway from the topical Mayans Apocalypse story to Rugby on 606. I have only the greatest respect for the ABs, because I am a rugby fan and also an Englander. There is a reason ABs are no 1 and it is a compliment that they set the standard everyone else wants to match. Not really WUMing anyone, just a bit of banter. I like your 'Judgement Day' riposte, as I think NZ will be out for blood when England call again, and I only hope England are not disgraced next time. So should be cracking. BTW ? when is our next fixture ?

2013 AIs Smile

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down