The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilder

+2
ShahenshahG
lfc91
6 posters

Go down

Wilder Empty Wilder

Post by lfc91 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:39 pm

If anyone fancies a quick laugh read this short article i stumbled across(i know the website itself is terrible), and in particular look at the list of guys this 'writer' feels wilder should be in with because he could handle them all!

As for wilder himself, saw him on the khan card last week and wasnt really impressed. Reminded me of ivan drago just chasing apollo creed around just waiting to land the big right! Any thoughts on this guy? Im not surprised hes strating to get a bit of hype, the casual fan may just see the 26 ko's from 26 fights and get excited.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Wilder Empty Re: Wilder

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:49 pm

could you post the link mate?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 12:55 pm

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/12/deontay-wilder-to-make-his-run-for-a-heavyweight-title-in-2013/

That would have been the smart thing for me to do first time round sorry lads

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:47 pm

Wouldn't mind him fighting some of those guys to be honest. Price, Fury, Solis, Mitchell would all be good fights. Mitchell especially due to him being able to hurt fighters but get hurt himself.

He's only had 45 rounds in his 26 fights, so he needs to be chucked in with a durable opponent to get rounds and experience of fighting for twelve rounds, but I'm sure Goldenboy believed his last two fights would test him a little as they where both against unbeaten fighters.

He didn't have a lot of amateur experience despite winning bronze at the Olympics so I've got no issue with taking it slow with this lad. Same as I wouldn't have an issue of Joshua was to turn pro now, a lot of potential but needs experience first.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm

I've to be honest he didn't impress, but mind you he has great power and Price was being very awkward.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:09 pm

Cheers for the comments lads my thread was starting to look depressing! I agree that there fights id like to see but i think wilder would start as underdog in a good lot of them! Surprised they havent offered mccall the fight, at least they would know he would get rounds!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

It's pretty much Chrimbo lfc, barely anyone will be commenting, after I finish this shift I'm gone for a bit.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:20 pm

Good point mate. Only the sad people still on the boards...which makes me think i realy need to re-evalute my life!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

hampo171 wrote:
He's only had 45 rounds in his 26 fights, so he needs to be chucked in with a durable opponent to get rounds and experience of fighting for twelve rounds, but I'm sure Goldenboy believed his last two fights would test him a little as they where both against unbeaten fighters.

The last fighter Price was meant to be more of a test, but the one before that was a total farce of a fight despite him having an unbeaten record.

I am a little worried to be honest with Wilder, I really didn't liek the things he was saying in his interview, sounded as though he was becoming very reliant on his power saying things like "It doesn't matter when it comes, but it will come"

Made me feel as though the previous easy fights have made him become reliant on his power and made him begin to think that he can land on anyone easily and not have to work to set his punches up stagnating his improvement overall. Which is always a possibility after having so many dud fights without having any form of a problem to solve and not having to think in the slightest in there.

Been saying for a while I would have liked for Wilder to have fought a few more people that made him at the very least think as to how to get them out of there even if there was no real danger of him losing as that would have kept him that little more sharp and he could have learnt more.

Hope he genuinely does well as we could do with a massive American Heavyweight paving the way forward.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:39 pm

lfc91 wrote:Good point mate. Only the sad people still on the boards...which makes me think i realy need to re-evalute my life!

Just remember, you could never make it to a point where you could be sadder than me. Merry Christmas lol

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 2:56 pm

Lol that helps mate. merry christmas!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 22 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

Haha, good find. I think it's incredible to think he can beat anyone on that list, the guys he's fighting are beyond awful, even a Matt Sexton would be a step up. I saw him live for the first time last Saturday and although he has some serious power he didn't show anything to suggest he's anything special, didn't use his jab, had a really bad defense, which isn't great with a bad chin and really really telegraphed his right hand, there's no way top heavyweight would be caught by that punch. He may turn out to be pretty decent, but i don't see him being a champion.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 22 Dec 2012, 5:09 pm

Cheers monty. Some of those american 'journalists' are deluded beyond belief! If he is going to step in the ring with anyone on that list then he will need to seriously improve on what we saw last week!!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm

I don't think he looks too bad, just been fighting easy opposition too much, so finding it too easy.

That being said he is getting rid of people extremely easy. I see him as the USA's David Price and is actually quite a similar fighter with every bit as much power. I think him and Price are ones to watch for 2013.

Although both are in need of a gut and chin check.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 24 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

monty junior wrote:Haha, good find. I think it's incredible to think he can beat anyone on that list, the guys he's fighting are beyond awful, even a Matt Sexton would be a step up. I saw him live for the first time last Saturday and although he has some serious power he didn't show anything to suggest he's anything special, didn't use his jab, had a really bad defense, which isn't great with a bad chin and really really telegraphed his right hand, there's no way top heavyweight would be caught by that punch. He may turn out to be pretty decent, but i don't see him being a champion.

Is that the love child of Matt Skelton and Sam Sexton? Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 24 Dec 2012, 3:25 pm

hampo171 wrote:
monty junior wrote:Haha, good find. I think it's incredible to think he can beat anyone on that list, the guys he's fighting are beyond awful, even a Matt Sexton would be a step up. I saw him live for the first time last Saturday and although he has some serious power he didn't show anything to suggest he's anything special, didn't use his jab, had a really bad defense, which isn't great with a bad chin and really really telegraphed his right hand, there's no way top heavyweight would be caught by that punch. He may turn out to be pretty decent, but i don't see him being a champion.

Is that the love child of Matt Skelton and Sam Sexton? Wink

Might be selling a well worn carpet

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down