The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.

4 posters

Go down

New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.  Empty New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.

Post by jeromedubois Sat 29 Dec 2012, 4:16 pm

These are 'borrowed' from another site and has been edited by me a little. This in general is a good guide in how to promo. You don't have to follow everything it say, or anything its just a helping hand

Role-play:

The historic and traditional method of developing your eWrestling character by use of descriptive words, trash talk, or scenery in the form of a story or promo.

The main objective of role-playing for an eFed is to develop your "persona" or to match wits with your opponents. Role-playing is judged by such a large plethora of criteria that there is no single way to be successful. However, the following guidelines should aide anyone in developing their Role-playing skills.

Opener Settings, scene and surroundings. Introduction to main characters.

You have roughly 10-20 seconds to get someone into your roleplay. This is the part that will make or break you. So make it very interesting and make sure your reader can picture everything clearly.
Set up Introduction to supporting characters and set up for the main events of the roleplay.

Now that your reader is still reading you can use this time to set up what is going to be happening in the roleplay.
Event Main event of the roleplay whether it be a promo or activity.

This is where you install the "meat" of the roleplay. The "body" if this were a letter. The main actions. You can lose your readers if this part is not interesting.
Wrap up Start ending your roleplay.

Don't drag your roleplay on and on until someone falls asleep. Start wrapping it up.
Pay Off Happy ending? Sad Ending? Make sure you end it.

Make sure your roleplay has some closure and an ending of some kind. "To be continued" comes across as lazy. You should consider using "Part 2 coming soon." instead. The ending should be a pay off for your reader, they should be rewarded with a good ending like any story.

The final words in a typical roleplay are: "The scene fades", "Fin", "The picture fades to black", etc.

~Types of Role-playing~
1.In-Ring (Promo):

This is by far the most popular way to deliver a role-play. Quite simply, you place your eWrestler inside a wrestling ring during a house event or show and basically "trash talk" your opponent. This can easily be compared to the 20-minute segments on WWE RAW or Smackdown. Stone Cold, HHH, Vince McMahon all use this as a means to "psyche" out their opponent. It's a great way to use ring psychology in "REAL LIFE" however, in eWrestling it's quite different. In Ring role-plays can be very boring for a veteran eWrestler. Most eFed Presidents that are experienced do not enjoy them.

2.Interview:

Simply, this is where you have your eWrestler act out a pre-match interview and you'll use an "official" federation interviewer to ask your eWrestler questions about the match at hand. Not much more simple than that. Most rookies use these all the time, however most experienced eWrestler only use these for event segments. In other words, they send them in to the prez to use on the event results.

3.Character Development:

Seasoned Veterans live by this method. It can open your creativity to an addictive level. You can do anything, go anywhere and have your eWrestler in any situation that tells the story of what your character is all about. The strange but beautiful thing about these is they usually have nothing to do with the match. They only serve to develop the wrestler as a realistic being. There may be some mention of the match, however not much.

RULES OF THE GAME:

1. SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION. Make sure you spell all of the words you use right. Go back and double check if needed, but just try to catch the spelling errors and typos as you write. Make sure you leave spaces between words, so DON'T write like these examples... Bad Examples.

"youre dead!ill bete you in the ring!big dammy!"
"Your dead, I'll beat you in the ring on monday"
In The first example, the main problem was someone who is obviously illiterate wrote it. No capital letters, no spaces, it was pathetic. That person would NEVER win a match, unless they were against someone that died and was unable to roleplay. In the second, it was good except for two things. They spelled "Your" wrong, it should've been "You're" in that use of it. And at the end, there was no period. Little mistakes like that are fine as long as they are not all over the promo

2. DON'T MAKE YOUR WRESTLER SOUND LIKE A CHILD:

If your wrestler sounds like a 13 year old, he'll have as much of a chance of winning as a 13 year old. Watch the WWF or WCW sometime, the wrestlers don't swear and if they do, it's edited out. Also, how many 25 year old wrestlers say "Cat" or "dick?" Not too many. Bad Examples. "Hey Poopie Cat breath!" That just sounded stupid. It, quite frankly, sucked. Grown ups don't talk like that, so your wrestlers shouldn't either.

3. DON'T TALK LIKE A SMART ASS:

. If you watch the WWF or WCW, have you EVER heard them say "jobber" or "JTTS?" or even "push" In all my years, I have never heard that come from a wrestler, announcer, or commentators mouth.

Bad Examples:

"I'm going to kick your ass, you jobber!"
He insulted someone by calling him or her a "jobber," a word that wrestlers shouldn't know and have no business saying. I don't do that, some others do, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's not as important as that spelling thing or sounding like a kid thing, but it could make your roleplays sound better.

4. WRITE IN PARAGRAPHS.

Don't jumble everything together in one big 5K paragraph. It's a little bit harder to read and doesn't look very good. Write in multiple paragraphs, it will definitely help you out.

Bad Examples:

Bad Roleplayer Man: Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Everything was jumbled together and it was all crammed. It's easier to read if you write in paragraphs and it looks much better.

5. DON'T PUSH THE LENGTH OF THE ROLE PLAY:

Don't feel like you need to write an 11K roleplay every time. It will get boring for you and the reader and it will be obvious that you were just trying to get it to be really long. Just make your roleplays interesting and make sure they have quality, that's more important. But don't make your promos to short either. Three or four line promo are quite frankly pointless and will get you no where. If your new to this then you will be bad at promos to start with but you will get better. To be honest if you are wnat to be a main eventer if you can do a promo about 2-3k long then you'll have no problem

6. BE DESCRIPTIVE:

Describe what your wrestler is wearing, how he is acting, what he is doing. Be very descriptive so the reader can picture it in their head.

Good Examples:

["Idolizer" Trace Michaels sits back on a black chair, reclining. He's wearing all green and red today. Some of the clothes he's featuring are a green t-shirt that says "Moo Krew" on it, green sweat pants with a red bandanna tied loosely around the left knee, and a red bandanna on his head, covering his long blonde hair. He looks towards the camera, stares at it for a second, then begins speaking.]

I told what he was wearing, where he was, and what he was looking at. So the reader knows that he's sitting in a chair and can picture it in their head. You don't have to be THAT descriptive, but at least give the reader an idea of what's going on.

7. DON'T BEG TO WIN:

This has nothing to do with role-playing, but... Don't e-mail the President of the fed begging to win a match because it would really help you out and you need a win. It just gets the President mad at they will, most likely, job you in that match just because you asked to win. Instead of spending your time begging, write a good role-play, you'll be more likely to win that way.

Bad Examples:

"Please let me win, it could really help my wrestler out and give him the push I need."

That's just obvious that your begging and it means the same as "Please let me win! I don't want to lose!" It's just pointless and will get you absolutely nowhere.

8.DON'T USE ENDLESS PAUSING:

Don't use a ton of ..........ing just to make your RP longer.

Bad Examples:

I......................am................. ..........coming............................. .................for......................... you.

Five words that took up two lines and looked really stupid. I always use 3-5 periods when indicating a pause. That's how Hollywood script writers do it...and so do I.

Another Good Example:

Be a student of the trade
Interviews: Keep it real and emotional. Study Current Events; such as sports teams and politics can be easy way to get heat
Give the fans a “reason” (or way) to connect with you, make your promo or interview relevant to the your audience
As Heels: Make sure you put over your opponent. Tell them how great your opponent is and then give the fans a reason why you think you can beat them…and easy way is to use the “but” (statement) when So and so is “great” BUT I’m better…and tell why in a believable way
You never get a second chance to make a first impression
When working in the ring- “Think Shoot but then Work” Bring realism to the match
Never let the fans see you out of persona Kayfabe yourself around fans
Terry Funk

(Terry) Would “border line obsess” with his opponents to get heat with fans…made the fans think he really did hate his opponent
There are no “dummies” in this business, the successful ones are very intelligent
There isn’t one thing (Terry) could say that would be a magic solution, there are many facets to this business and you must learn them all
Make use of every word and every second cutting a promo
If you can draw money you have a place in this business; your job as a wrestler is to put a butt every 18 inches
You must always make time for the fans (When your gimmick allows) the fan is who pays your checks…always be courteous to the fans
In today’s business you need to learn to memorize your “scrip” practice makes perfect…Terry suggested that you would start with a couple of lines or a paragraph from the newspaper…read them a few times and then try to say the paragraph out loud in front of the mirror…Terry had to practice and learn this skill when he started doing TV and Movies
Be relevant, be creative, relate to the fans
Watch the other matches on the cards, know the storylines because you may be asked to fill for an injury…be prepared to work every night
Vince (WWE) is looking for smart people have good ideas and have a vested interest in the business… you must be active in your own success
You got to “Bring Some to get Some” ( Jim Ross quote to get his point over)
If you see something someone else is doing borrow it, steal it…you need to get yourself over and if you can do what you stole better do it
You have to have “Devils and Angles” to draw money…you need a good face and a good heel…it needs to look and feel (emotional) real to the fans.
In many cases the guys signed to a developmental (WWE) have been trained or have developed in ring habits…some guys never make it out of the developmental because they think they think they have made it when really they need a 1 or 2 more years of real wrestling experience
When in a try-out (for WWE or Other) do what you are asked…this is not the time to show off all the Indy moves you know…your job is to MAKE THE OTHER GUY LOOK GOOD
Practice always knowing where the camera’s are located and make eye contact with the audience at home (through the camera)
The WWE is not built around one person, wrestlers and staff are dependable (and must be dependable)
Get prepared NOW for opportunities that will be coming later, get in shape now, practice memorization of script, learn your in ring positioning for the cameras, learn to make your opponent look good

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.  Empty Re: New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.

Post by jeromedubois Sat 29 Dec 2012, 4:33 pm

If you interested in joining feel free to fill in this form and to send to me and we will include you into the next show and let the fun commence!

Fill this in

Name:
Nickname:
Weight:
Hometown:
Class: Face/Tweener/Heel:
Gimmick:
Personality:
Entrance Music:
Entrance Details:
Finishing Move 1:
Finishing Move 2:
Trademark Move:
Submission Move:

Highflying Move: Five - eight common moves:

Taunts/Catchphrases: Match Tactics:
Clean/Dirty Match Style (Pick three):
Brawling Hardcore Highflier Technical Powerhouse ;Submission etc

Weapon of Choice:
Specialty Match: History

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.  Empty Re: New to E-fedding? Here are some tips.

Post by Rowdy Rod Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:11 am

So I guess I fill in the above form.

Name: (Is this my name or my wrestlers?)
Nickname: The Critic
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 235 lbs
Hometown: London
Class: Face/Tweener/Heel: Not sure!
Gimmick: He used to write reviews for a on line blog which was very successful. He could make or break films, TV shows, restaurants, albums from his reviews.
Personality: Sarcastic and cynical
Entrance Music: Loser by Beck
Entrance Details: Comes to the ring speaking into a dictaphone, critiquing the crowd as he walks down.
Finishing Move 1: "The Rave Review" - Full Nelson Slam
Finishing Move 2: "The AAAC (Avoid At All Cost)" - Opponent in corner and running knee to the head (like Samoa Joe)
Trademark Move: "Audience Feedback" - Cups his ear to the crowd (like Hogan) and then drops the elbow to the opponent on the floor. Basically an elbow drop!
Submission Move: "Thumbs down" - Armbar with pressure put on the wrist.

Five - eight common moves: Shin Breaker, Octopus Stretch, Dragon Screw, Forearm uppercuts, Bulldog

Taunts/Catchphrases: Match Tactics: "You, Sir, Suck"
Clean/Dirty Match Style (Pick three): Dirty
Brawling Hardcore Highflier Technical Powerhouse ;Submission etc - Technical/ powerhouse

Weapon of Choice: Microphone/ video camera
Speciality Match: Last Man Standing

I think that is everything. Now what do I do?

Rowdy Rod

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:24 am

Welcome Rowdy, Hi I am one of the GMs of 6CW along with Jerome Dubois. If you have any questions feel free to PM or ask on the general chat section, I'm sure there will always be people about to help

To answer a few of your questions

Yes the name is for the name of your wrestler - We will add you profile to the roster
The first card has been posted and the first show is on the 16th Jan, although you won't have a match on the first one you will be involved. You could start by cutting a promo on the match card introducing your character, either an in ring or maybe a vignette like you would see when new people join WWE etc .

Hope this helps Smile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowdy Rod Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:36 am

Thanks.

Now whats a good name for a critic? Laugh

Rowdy Rod

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 30 Dec 2012, 10:59 am

A good critic needs to have two first names as his full name.

Barry Norman, Jonathan Ross, to name but two.

Something like Norman Charles.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowdy Rod Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:08 am

Gary Grant it is in then!

Rowdy Rod

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 30 Dec 2012, 11:12 am

thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down