The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile

+25
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
WillyGilly
Kenny
perthshirepuma
ChequeredJersey
MrsP
PJHolybloke
king_carlos
PenfroPete
MBTGOG
eirebilly
Ozzy3213
red_stag
rodders
ThePantomimeVillain
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
Cari
Glas a du
Gibson
aucklandlaurie
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
29 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile

Post by Pal Joey Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:07 am

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Amaile on the eastern-most tip of Upolu Island in Samoa - the first place on Earth to usher in the New Year.

So hop on a hammock and let one of the locals pour a kava down your throat as you are trying to read Tusiata Avia's famous poem: "Wild Dogs Under My Skirt" to the sounds of the Yandell Sister's "Sweet Inspiration" blaring in the background.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of George Pisi, Census Johnston, Paul Williams, Tony Greig, Christopher Martin Jenkins, Mike Nicholls, Babsy and Jeremy Su'a above the bar.

Ale Smile coffee cider guinness RedWine Bubbly Hug Ale Yahoo cuppa guinness thumbsup

Previous Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t38437p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-edinburgh

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile

Post by prop_lyd Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:12 am

Thank_you breaker.
cider for you
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:15 am

Im picturing Tony Greig looking down on Bill Lawry's pigeons, saying to himself " got you now you little bawstawds" (in his South African accent)..

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:18 am

"Sweet Inspiration" - The Yandall Sisters

"Wild Dogs Under My Skirt" - Tusiata Avia

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:19 am

I really like that Sweet Inspiration song. Very Happy

Cheers Prop cider

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:30 am

Bed calls nos da alles
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 01 Jan 2013, 3:44 am

Very quiet and sensible New Years. Heading to the man cave now. T'is Baltic outside wrap up warm kids and elders!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 01 Jan 2013, 4:25 am

Wimp.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:47 am

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda bawb

Happy New Year like.

Whisky
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:26 am

Happy New Year & Happy New Pub everyone. coffee

Hope everyone's well and enjoying a day off. I'm just watching This Is England '88 on DVD that I had for Xmas.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 01 Jan 2013, 11:04 am

Gibson wrote:Wimp.

I'm sorry I've disappointed you... Truth is there was a severe lack of available girls last night, well one girl in particular to be frank. I got pinched on the bum and someone slipped their number into my back pocket when all the cheering started at 12. The girl who was standing next to me said it was a guy who did it. Good to know my looks work both ways, though at the same time I clearly need to butch up on some level.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 01 Jan 2013, 11:43 am

Eat more cheese.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 01 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

Happy New Year.

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

Feic, what happened last night? How did I get home?

Too many questions.

Headscratch

Rack of lamb coming up; that should sort me out.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 01 Jan 2013, 3:16 pm

Laugh Sounds like a good night Hound Smile

I have stuff I really should be doing but I got diverted. Should not have started looking at holidays! Rolling Eyes Two weeks in the Greek sun is looking very, very appealing Cool
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 01 Jan 2013, 4:50 pm

WillyGilly wrote:I got pinched on the bum and someone slipped their number into my back pocket when all the cheering started at 12. The girl who was standing next to me said it was a guy who did it. Good to know my looks work both ways, though at the same time I clearly need to butch up on some level.

Maybe it was your butchness that appealed to this bloke, so what you need to do is butch down on some level. So rather then eating more cheese as Glas suggests, you need to eat more chalk.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 5:09 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
WillyGilly wrote:I got pinched on the bum and someone slipped their number into my back pocket when all the cheering started at 12. The girl who was standing next to me said it was a guy who did it. Good to know my looks work both ways, though at the same time I clearly need to butch up on some level.

Maybe it was your butchness that appealed to this bloke, so what you need to do is butch down on some level. So rather then eating more cheese as Glas suggests, you need to eat more chalk.

Mmmmmmmmmm, after reading that I'm dying for some chalk now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 01 Jan 2013, 7:43 pm

There's a really good Olympics highlights programme on the beeb. Ye gods, that Jamaican 4 X 100m relay win was awesome.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:39 pm

Fantastic start to the Danny darts. This is gonna be a belter.

Been a right slog today. Have been really hungover and was relieved that rugby training was cancelled. First day of not smoking, so I'm glad I'm rough, as it makes not wanting one so much easier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm

Good luck with the giving up Rev. It's on my 'not to do' list for this year too.

I'm still mulling over whether to go to our final Amlin Pool game at RP. I don't think too many Wasps fans will be going to that one.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:17 pm

I don't think I'll be there given the day. Bit rubbish driving home then going back to work the next day. I'll see, as I don't want to lose anymore games off my ST, what with going away in Feb.

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm

Wish you luck Rev, and you Hound.

It's on my list too though I've been working towards it for the last 6 weeks or so. Just trying to stop completely doesn't work for me, tried it too many times and failed, so I'm trying a different approach and breaking some of the habitual ones first. I don't smoke in the car anymore, I keep a packet of sweets in there instead. And when I do have one I have a roll-up, which I really don't like so there's no reward. Seems to working so far, I have really cut right down.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:35 pm

I have just stopped straight away, but I dunno how I'll manage it. I'm not at rugby for a while, which will help and probably not boozing for a while. Today is the first day I haven't wanted one, which really helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

It might well work for you Rev, and not wanting one is great. With you on the booze thing though, that's what usually trips me up.

I had better go and sort out my stuff for work tomorrow, not looking forward to getting up at 6.00 Yikes

Hound, I envy you right now; don't begrudge you for a millisecond but I am jealous. I'm going to be such a grumpy arse in the morning! censored
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm

swanny Hug

Cold turkey has worked for me before with smoking. I just picked a day and went with it. Now I won't have the stress that made me start up again (3 times) now.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:51 am

I wonder how many people swore at their alarm clocks this morning, first day back in for me....bring it on!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:20 am

prop_lyd wrote:I wonder how many people swore at their alarm clocks this morning, first day back in for me....bring it on!

I swore at mine.

Now that I'm at work I've switched to swearing at the NZ cricket team. 27/5
Sad Crying or Very sad vomit mad furious censored Doh boxing tomato Broken Record The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile 3181402168 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile 1054138444 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile 767733566 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amaile 3754190863
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:28 am

I swore at mine too.

And having made it into work I have done nothing except drink cuppa for the last hour and a half. My computer access has been revoked as I was due to finish on 21st December. Waiting for IT to reinstate me. The joys of being a temp!
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:29 am

I got in to find that I have 1 email and that's it..........after 8 days off I have 1 email.......today may drag!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:30 am

littleswannygirl wrote:I swore at mine too.

And having made it into work I have done nothing except drink cuppa for the last hour and a half. My computer access has been revoked as I was due to finish on 21st December. Waiting for IT to reinstate me. The joys of being a temp!

That happened to me a couple of weeks back, HR updated the list of leavers to remove me, and IT forgot to look at the new list

28/6 after we won the toss and batted
steam steam steam steam steam steam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:47 am

Well, I'm holed up in a hotel room with a very ill girlfriend, inadequate medication and only a dodgy Internet connection and mobile phone for company, along with bbc world news on high rotation reminding me at 2 minute intervals that the world is screwed and NZ made less than 50 in their first innings, It's raining actual literal cats and dogs outside and the sound of poodles hitting the puddles is slowly driving me mad. Oh what I'd give for a cup of tea and a warm cosy, sanitary office that didn't smell of uncontrollably ejected bodily fluids.

Anyone have anything uplifting and/or distracting to share?

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:07 am

Where are you TPV? Sounds like somewhere in Africa or Asia.

Some good news... Dolgopolov leading Nieminen 2-1 early in the 1st set. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:14 am

Actually just in Italy. There seems to be some mass outbreak of some demon flu thing. Normally I'm the first to get these things but I suspect having been heavily inebriated for the last week maybe have saved me so far. My theory is always that if you drink enough then a virus dies before you do, but I'd need Dr G to confirm the logic there of course.

Great news about dolgopolov. Cheered me up no end.

SA 1/1. I'm going to briefly celebrate this mini triumph now because I feel in three hours they'll be 264/1

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:26 am

I hope it's not the dreaded norovirus.

15/1 already.

Bernard Tomic has just beaten Djokovic in Perth. Erm
Djoko must have picked up the bug in the UAE...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:27 am

Happy 2nd January everyone! Man those feicin mayans let me down big time...

Hope everyone else is as psyched to be back at work as I am! Very Happy

mug
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

Don't years just fly by these days? It feels like only yesterday I was celebrating a whole new one and now here it is, the second already.

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

Speaking of second already. Amla is dismissed leg before and suddenly South Africa are positively on the ropes at 119/2.

With NZs attack looking "placid" (one of our more dangerous cricketing adjectives) by all textual accounts the SAs may well regret allowing NZ to amass that giant first innings 45.

Phew, this New Years resolution to be positive is being sorely tested today.

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

I'm glad NZ cricket is mediocre, it means you lot know what it's like!

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

I firmly believe that with good luck, dedication and tireless application to the cause NZ cricket could one day, once again, dare to dream that we might be thought of as mediocre.

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:44 pm

Laugh

You always have the knack of producing one or two world class players Pan.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePantomimeVillain Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:51 pm

Hmmm.

Richard Hadley?
Daniel Vettori?
And a couple of guys who are more famous for being Russel Crowes cousins?
Brendan "once per year" Mccullum
...and that time we convinced Jeff Wilson to give cricket a go.

It doesn't give me a lot of confidence going into a test series against South Africa to be honest.

I think limited overs is more our forte. The more limited the better. If we could get some momentum for T20 to be replaced by F5 things might not look so daunting.

ThePantomimeVillain

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

A very Happy New Year to everyone. 2013 is gonna be a good 'un.

Didnt like 2012. Ireland were shoite in the 6 Nations, no RWC or Lions and a rubbish year in the HEC for the provinces (well the only province that counts) Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:11 pm

By Jeebus look what the cat dragged in! Happy new year stag! thumbsup guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:12 pm

Happy New Year to you too Stag.....just did a clean up of my area of the office and threw away a mass of junk!! Productive first day back!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:15 pm

Thanks Rodders. Missed you in Limerick. Pity that the Ravens came to town not the big boys. Match lacked the bang of the HEC match in April.

Luke Marshall must play for Ireland in the 6 Nations.

I'm hanging my hope on:

09 Murray
10 Sexton
11 Gilroy
12 Marshall
13 Earls
14 McFadden
15 Zebo

P.S. - Paul Marshall is vastly over hyped. Pienaar is the present. Heaney is the future.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:27 pm

Yeah sorry I couldn't make it...hope yous had a good one. I'll get down to Clohesseys again someday soon Smile guinness

Yeah pity our boys didn't hang in there and get a result. Good win for Munster to get under their belt.....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Wed 02 Jan 2013, 5:34 pm

Hiya stag. Happy New Year.

I see Paul O'Connell is expected to be playing again in April.

Afternoon pub.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 02 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

red_stag wrote:
P.S. - Paul Marshall is vastly over hyped. Pienaar is the present. Heaney is the future.

Yep. He's the kind of player who will have some brilliant games and some absolute shockers, and to his credit he's worked hard to change the ratio from mainly shockers to mainly very good performances. Had one of his periodic shockers in Limerick though!

Even when he plays extremely effectively he's apt to make a few headless decisions or throw a few terrible passes. He can be brilliant and has been at times, but he could never be accused of consistency or reliability. I'm quite happy to see him continue as our joker on the bench, who will come on and either win us the game or lose it. I don't think he should start for Ulster or be involved with Ireland as anything other than back-up.

Happy new year Stag and everyone else kiss
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 02 Jan 2013, 5:47 pm

http://www.openculture.com/2012/12/the_top_10_new_years_resolutions_with_bob_dylan.html

OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 02 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

Happy New Year Staggy! Hug

Evening All coffee

I was up with the sparrow's fart this morning...in work by seven. I did fall asleep about seven yesterday evening though...well I did only get three hours kip NYE.

Hope everyone's fine and dandy.

Just think Irish regs - a week tomorrow and I'm back on the Ireland. Leprechaun

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 02 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

Who is this red_stag? Is he related to Staggy?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next