The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing's most irritating fighters!!

+6
Super D Boon
ONETWOFOREVER
Valero's Conscience
Lumbering_Jack
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Go down

Boxing's most irritating fighters!! Empty Boxing's most irritating fighters!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

You know the type..you switch the Tv on and you see the same face getting slapped about on the same bills all the time!!!!......Guys making a good living by being garbage or by winning the odd fight to keep them in the spotlight to be able to look garbage......

Remember having to watch Quick Tillis get punched out for fun by the usual suspects growing up (Then again he did fight for a piece of pie against the oft-beaten Weaver and gave Tyson a fight....but then so did Mitch Green)....

Over here just when you think you're getting rid of Audley he wins a prizefighter.........

However I'm tired of seeing Derry Matthews and Paul Smith popping up all the time...Anyone think Derry beats Rees...nope!!! But just when you think he's gone he upsets the vastly-overrated-can't move his head Crolla in a scrap between no marks and Derry's back with his pillowpunching good-ole-boy-scouse act...He ain't going anywhere..you know he's going to lose....He's like an old-girlfriend that won't go away!!

"Dirty" Derry...wish he was .....he might be more interesting.......(please let it be the end of "good ole Derry.."Brave Derry")

You're not good enough...you never were and plenty of other guys have probably missed out on good paydays because for some reason SKy loves you...

As for Smith because he's got a lot of brothers in the sport (They won't go anywhere) he seems to be some kind of expert these days.....

For some reason people think he can fight too......George Groves played with him...end of!!

Come on!! let's give more worthy guys airtime........rant over..

Hope 2013 is a good one for you guys...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Boxing's most irritating fighters!! Empty Re: Boxing's most irritating fighters!!

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:07 pm

In terms of those fighters who you just wish would go away, then it'd have to be Skelton for me.

I'm no great fan of Danny Williams, but I nigh-on jumped for joy when he won that split decision (I believe it was split, anyway) in his first fight against Skelton in 2006; Skelton's showing that night was, for want of a better word, disgraceful. Headbutting, hitting on the break, low blows, holding as much as he could, rabbit punches - I could go on and on. And then there was that absolute stinker against Sprott the following year. The fight itself was an embarrassment. What was even more embarrassing was that it was a 'world title' eliminator.

To compound all of this, he continues to turn up for reasonable pay days at British / Commonwealth title level when he's clearly a few years removed from his 'prime', which only just made him worthy of those kind of fights in the first place. Horrific fighter to watch, a career which has become pointless, and a truly irritating figure.

André Dirrell annoys me for different reasons. First off, because he seems intent on wasting his undeniable talent (if he applied himself properly then there'd be a world strap awaiting him at either Super-Middle or Light-Heavy without too much difficulty at all), and secondly because his constant moaning has helped to build up this bizarre myth that he was 'robbed' against Froch when, in reality, nothing of the sort took place.

Last edited by 88Chris05 on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Boxing's most irritating fighters!! Empty Re: Boxing's most irritating fighters!!

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:10 pm

Agree with Derry... Watching the hiding that Choi gave him was fantastic.

Never been a fan of Frankir Gavin. He's a lazy toad full of excuses and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:13 pm

You're right about Gavin...What's even more irritating is that he has quality but is too lazy..

Skelton is a good call.......................rent a body.............but for decent cash..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:15 pm

I'm not sure how much quality he has to be honest. Was ran pretty close by Woodhouse who is very average on the British scene.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

Probably run close because he was shirking lumbering....

Who knows...would say the Degale and saunders had more talent though..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:19 pm

Dirrell is a good shout, undeniable talent but a mentally weak fighter who appears happy to not become a star and financially secure for the rest of his life!

Cleverley - just doesn't step up!

Mayweather - for wasting his legacy through inactivity

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:52 pm

I am sorry to say this in light of tragic events but its better to be honest when I put forward the name Hector Camacho.

Great talented fighter but for a "macho man" Hector did a lot of running in his fights which was irritating to watch.

Also had he just stayed at 1 weight and just dominated rather then weight hop all the time he would have a better legacy.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

He was 17 when he won the jr light crown.............people do grow.....

Besides it's who you HOP to fight...

He beat Mancini, Paz and Haugen at 140...............................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:03 pm

David Haye.

The time it takes him to fight from the last time he fought Jupiter has already orbitted the sun twice. Shows up on TV bad mouthing the K bros yet won't fight anyone else to actually earn his shot. Then there's the jungle nonsense. The "legacy" talk when his best win (depending on opinion) was either against a useless giant or some guy who sounds like a French politician fighting in the talent free cruiserweight zone. The so-called dominance of said cruiserweight zone that lasted but two fights. The phoney money grubbing match ups with Audley then Toegate then Chisora. Then the spewing up about other such fighter's legacies not being any good unless they face him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:04 pm

Bit harsh supey!!!

He did win the fight of the century last year !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:18 pm

James Toney on occasion was very hard to watch due to his lazy attitude in the ring.

Still I will never forget what he did to Barkley.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 3:57 pm

I'm going to (can't believe i'm saying this) agree with Super D Boon here.

David Haye. irritates me to death.

Tyson Fury, makes me hate heavyweight boxing watching him do ridiculous things in the ring.

Khan, talks utter budgie feed.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 02 Jan 2013, 4:24 pm

I always found Haye irritatating but then everyone would just say I was bitter he knocked out Enzo when lets be honest who hasnt knocked out Enzo. Haye does the sport no favours at all he makes it seem more like wrestling with empty trash talk and trying to be a celebrity yet still classing himself as 'the man to beat at heavyweight'. He was a shambles against Wlad yet says he would knock out Vitali who is much tougher...righto Dave Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 4:25 pm

Vitali is older though..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 02 Jan 2013, 5:24 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'm not sure how much quality he has to be honest. Was ran pretty close by Woodhouse who is very average on the British scene.

highway robbery was more like it, i didnt think there was any chance they'd give gavin the decision, anyone else and that would be a L on the record.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

Although not a current fighter and i can only judge this man from old clips and from what we see of him now it'd have to be Chris Eubank. Honestly, i feel myself going red with rage whenever he gets interview because i find him an arrogant, egotistical maniac.

Out of the current crop of boxers i strangely have a wierd dislike for David Price. Don't get me wrong i would never dream of saying that within a one mile radius of him but he's so plain and boring. I guess being 21 (happy birthday to me by the way) i still have a soft spot for the 'wrestling style entertainment) of smack talk.
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down