The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One

+3
GSC
Derbyblue
Colan (niner)
7 posters

Go down

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One Empty 2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 03 Jan 2013, 10:02 am

Second round to come soon.

Here is the first round of my mock draft with some great editing from derby. Some controversial picks hopefully.

http://v2journal.com/2013-mock-draft-round-1.html

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One Empty Re: 2013 NFL Mock Draft Round One

Post by Derbyblue Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

niner wrote:with some great editing from derby.
Well thank you.

Oakland are likely to be the team that throw a spanner in the works of every mock draft they effectively have holes everywhere, so something tells me they'll be one that very few get correct. If they don't go for Milliner then I think Lions could try to trade with Philadelphia (or maybe even Oakland) to get Milliner for themselves.

Jason Peters should be returning from his ruptured achilles tendon next season, so thinking maybe Eagles don't go for a new left tackle.

Don't think Arizona can go for anything else other than O-line this draft, think they would hope for a LT in round one and maybe Barrett Jones in the second. Would hope Fitzgerald doesn't throw his weight around looking to force a new QB on the team and understands nobody could be successful behind that line.

Not sure Dallas can afford to miss out on a top guard in round 1.

Surpised to see Te'o fall so far, could Jets not take him over Glennon? As they're stuck with $8million for Sanchez even if they decide to cut him.

Like Baltimore taking Jones, starts at C but provides cover everywhere though that obviously carries quite a lot of risk incase he goes down, but maybe they go tackle to move Osmele inside?

Surprised Warmack can fall out of round one, maybe Green Bay take him over Eifert? Would give Rodgers more time and help with their limited run game, don't think TE is a massive need considering the WR group they have.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

I don't really get the Eagles pick. Jason Peters was the best LT in the league in 2011, Herremans is a dependable RT. Unless you're shifting Herremans back to Guard and using the 4th overall pick on a RT it makes no sense to me.

It comes up a lot on this forum, but people forget quite quickly the Eagles had one of the best OLs in the league in 2011 before 3 on them ended up on IR.

Last edited by GSC on Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:25 pm

Also I agree with Teo dropping. Lack of upside drops him out of the top 10 come draft day I think.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:29 pm

GSC wrote:I don't really get the Eagles pick. Jason Peters was the best LT in the league in 2011, Herremans is a dependable RT. Unless you're shifting Herremans back to Guard and using the 4th overall pick on a RT it makes no sense to me.

It comes up a lot on this forum, but people forget quite quickly the Eagles had one of the best OLs in the league in 2011 before 3 on them ended up on IR.
What position do you want them to add?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:32 pm

They will need a CB as at least one of Nnamdi and DRC won't be back. Both safeties are horrible. Would depend on the coach but I doubt they'd be in for a QB at #4, esp with Smith gone. If the right OLB, WR or DT were there that could be in play too.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

A trade very much in play too, esp if they want to stockpile for a QB in 2014.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 03 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

I'm not sure about that many defensive backs going so early either.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
niner wrote:with some great editing from derby.
Well thank you.

Oakland are likely to be the team that throw a spanner in the works of every mock draft they effectively have holes everywhere, so something tells me they'll be one that very few get correct. If they don't go for Milliner then I think Lions could try to trade with Philadelphia (or maybe even Oakland) to get Milliner for themselves.

Jason Peters should be returning from his ruptured achilles tendon next season, so thinking maybe Eagles don't go for a new left tackle.

Don't think Arizona can go for anything else other than O-line this draft, think they would hope for a LT in round one and maybe Barrett Jones in the second. Would hope Fitzgerald doesn't throw his weight around looking to force a new QB on the team and understands nobody could be successful behind that line.

Not sure Dallas can afford to miss out on a top guard in round 1.

Surpised to see Te'o fall so far, could Jets not take him over Glennon? As they're stuck with $8million for Sanchez even if they decide to cut him.

Like Baltimore taking Jones, starts at C but provides cover everywhere though that obviously carries quite a lot of risk incase he goes down, but maybe they go tackle to move Osmele inside?

Surprised Warmack can fall out of round one, maybe Green Bay take him over Eifert? Would give Rodgers more time and help with their limited run game, don't think TE is a massive need considering the WR group they have.

Peters is good when he plays but I don't like lineman who are injured that often. I can't think of another who has had as many problems. I've got Dallas taking a guard in round 2 if I remember right.

Agree with Warmack, I had him pencilled in at the Green Bay spot in a way, but just went for the tight end because the guard depth in rounds 2-3 is pretty good this year.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:17 pm

Pr4wn wrote:I'm not sure about that many defensive backs going so early either.

Neither am I, But Milliner will go top five imo, won't make it past Detroit. Banks will impress I think due to size/speed and the Schiano/Ryan link plus the fact he is a great player helps. But cornerback is my favourite NFL position and I typically scout them quite well so I always promote them when I can

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 03 Jan 2013, 9:20 pm

GSC wrote:Also I agree with Teo dropping. Lack of upside drops him out of the top 10 come draft day I think.

I'm not high on his NFL potential at all. Why take a non athletic LB with limited pass coverage with the last few years showing guys like Wagner, Bowman and Washington can be found later

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 04 Jan 2013, 3:16 am

I have a feeling the Raiders could go after Matt Barkley. He make be ranked lower but I can see him climbing nearer the draft.

Geno Smith looks nailed on for first pick right now but if Andy Reid goes to the Arrowhead then it will be interesting to see if Michael Vick follows.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 2:36 pm

Now, I'm getting this caveat in right at the start here - I know zilch about college football but I do start paying attention at this time of year when all the draft chat starts. I love a mock draft so cheers for this niner!

One question I've got is that Mike Carlson said during the Redskins/Cowboys game last Sunday night that Geno Smith had a bad bowl game on the Saturday night. How likely is that to hurt his stock and subsequent draft position? If Smith doesn't go number 1 then who are the Chiefs picking instead?

Re the Eagles and the O-Line question - I can see where niner is coming from - you really want an LT you can depend on - as good as Peters is, how long is it until his next injury and with that, the next open season on whoever is playing QB? Having said that, there are other needs that have to be addressed right now so my guess is they'll cross the fingers and hope Peters can stay fit and return to the level he was at before.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 04 Jan 2013, 2:56 pm

Number-25 wrote:Now, I'm getting this caveat in right at the start here - I know zilch about college football but I do start paying attention at this time of year when all the draft chat starts. I love a mock draft so cheers for this niner!

One question I've got is that Mike Carlson said during the Redskins/Cowboys game last Sunday night that Geno Smith had a bad bowl game on the Saturday night. How likely is that to hurt his stock and subsequent draft position? If Smith doesn't go number 1 then who are the Chiefs picking instead?
Depends can you see the Chiefs going anywhere other than QB? Could always trade down to try and get a few extra picks but QB is the real need on this team and getting whoever they see as the top QB may be enough to encourage Bowe to stick around.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 04 Jan 2013, 3:07 pm

Number-25 wrote:Now, I'm getting this caveat in right at the start here - I know zilch about college football but I do start paying attention at this time of year when all the draft chat starts. I love a mock draft so cheers for this niner!

Re the Eagles and the O-Line question - I can see where niner is coming from - you really want an LT you can depend on - as good as Peters is, how long is it until his next injury and with that, the next open season on whoever is playing QB? Having said that, there are other needs that have to be addressed right now so my guess is they'll cross the fingers and hope Peters can stay fit and return to the level he was at before.

Geno Smith did have a bad bowl game but it was snowing in New York, their run game couldn't get going, receivers were fumbling/dropping passes and their D couldn't get enough stops. By no means is he an elite prospect but he is probably the best of an average bunch. And there isn't a Suh/Clowney type that I think could wrestle the number one spot away from a quarterback. As for Peters, he is a great player but I can't even remember the last time he was fully fit. Lets say he has another setback, no qb for the Eagles will be comfortable in the pocket. It reminds me of the Bob Sanders situation with the Colts. One of my friends was a fan and I said they should draft a safety but he thought he could come back from a number of serious injuries. They passed up guys like TJ Ward, Nate Allen among others in the hope he would return and their secondary there has been a weakness since. The Eagles will look back in anger if they pass up which most people consider a very safe left tackle prospect only for Peters to never return to form

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 5:04 pm

I genuinely don't know enough about the various prospects to know who would be a better bet for the Chiefs at No 1 than Smith. Only thing I would say is that the worst thing they can do is waste that pick. Could set them back a few more years if they do. Still, it looks like they're going to be getting Andy Reid in as coach and I'd be stunned if he didn't want his own QB. Maybe Smith can be his new McNabb????

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 04 Jan 2013, 6:51 pm

Number-25 wrote:I genuinely don't know enough about the various prospects to know who would be a better bet for the Chiefs at No 1 than Smith. Only thing I would say is that the worst thing they can do is waste that pick. Could set them back a few more years if they do. Still, it looks like they're going to be getting Andy Reid in as coach and I'd be stunned if he didn't want his own QB. Maybe Smith can be his new McNabb????

Maybe he'd take Vick but I think that would be a horrible idea. Smith does actually have great talent to be a top qb, its just ashame that people will compare him to Luck and RG3

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 04 Jan 2013, 6:54 pm

I'd be very surprised if Reid wants to hitch his wagon to Vick again.

McNabb as a starter while a QB waits in the wings (Barkley with the 33rd/trade back into late first) seems more likely
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:57 pm

GSC wrote:I'd be very surprised if Reid wants to hitch his wagon to Vick again.

McNabb as a starter while a QB waits in the wings (Barkley with the 33rd/trade back into late first) seems more likely

Sorry McNabb as in Donovan the tv presenter who sucked in Minnesota, pretty much so in Washington and is generally past it... why not give Old Brett a ring?

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 04 Jan 2013, 8:20 pm

Sorry, Juan Castillo the longtime OL coach and guy who hadnt had anything to do with defense in over 30 years as DC?

Andy had to be dragged kicking and screaming into dumping McNabb in the first place.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 04 Jan 2013, 9:10 pm

Guess Reid could look to add a QB through trade/FA somebody like Alex Smith could come in be secure for a couple of seasons while they maybe take Glennon/Bray/Manuel who could benefit from some time learning on the sidelines.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:56 am

There is always the Matt Flynn for Dwayne Bowe trade possibility for the Chiefs.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:57 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:There is always the Matt Flynn for Dwayne Bowe trade possibility for the Chiefs.
Wouldn't that require wasting their tag on Bowe?

Some twitter feedback niner:
@ABXXV25 (Alex Brown who we interviewed)
looks great, but i do not see Damontre Moore or Jarvis Jones in the top 10, then asked who he could see going to Jaguars/Browns and he said Bjoern Werner.

@RyInCBus (Browns fan who does some draft stuff)
it’s okay. I wouldn’t take Jarvis Jones over Bjoern Werner at this point. Werner has top 5 potential. Jones’ medical might hurt.

@InsideWarRoom
Can't see how Warmack would slip out of the first round. If either Cooper or Warmack are available when Indy pick, think they'll go. Later said O-line will be Colts #1 priority.

@NFLDraftPost
Its very good my friend, i like it, im not that much impressed with Geno Smith but i understand your reasoning.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:38 pm

I'm not saying its remotely likely that McNabb to KC happens, but McNabb thinks he can play and I bet you Reid still thinks he can win with McNabb
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down