The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tigers vs Toulouse

+24
ME-109
MrsP
trebellbobaggins
HammerofThunor
TJ1
thebluesmancometh
majesticimperialman
EnglishReign
Portnoy's Complaint
ChequeredJersey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Jenifer McLadyboy
lostinwales
whocares
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Jimpy
Big
yappysnap
doctor_grey
formerly known as Sam
tigerleghorn
nathan
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who's going to win?

Tigers vs Toulouse   - Page 2 Vote_lcap74%Tigers vs Toulouse   - Page 2 Vote_rcap 74% 
[ 26 ]
Tigers vs Toulouse   - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Tigers vs Toulouse   - Page 2 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 35

Tigers vs Toulouse   - Page 2 Empty Tigers vs Toulouse

Post by nathan Wed 16 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, who's going to win?

Winner takes all game, should be a great game. My only worry is that we're due a fair amount of snow Friday/Saturday and as you may of noticed, it's a bit nippy outside. Hopefully the game won't be called off.

On a side note, does anyone know if 2nd place in this group are likely to get through as one of the best runners up?

EDIT: How rude of me, i forgot to add my own prediction! I'm going for the Tigers by 7.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Tigers vs Toulouse   - Page 2 Empty Re: Tigers vs Toulouse

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

So what you are saying is that if he had a French mother, that would be fine?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:32 pm

It would bother me if he had a French mother. Yes. Refs have to be impartial so they cannot be accused of bias when they inevitably make the wrong call.

I accept that refs are humans and make mistakes but these days the standards of reffing seem to have dropped in my opinion.

It doesn't bother you because you don't have to put up with him. He got a big call wrong. That annoys me a lot. Maybe it wasn't entirely his fault but it affected my side badly.

Basically cutting a long story short George Clancy is a much more preferable choice to Alain Rolland in my opinion.

Last edited by beshocked on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:33 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
He is born bred and buttered in Ireland and lived his whole life there. Played all his rugby there.
I tell a lie. He played a pro season in England

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

beshocked wrote:It doesn't bother you because you don't have to put up with him. He got a big call wrong. That annoys me a lot. Maybe it wasn't entirely his fault but it affected my side badly.

Basically cutting a long story short George Clancy is a much more preferable choice to Alain Rolland in my opinion.

So you are so Zenophobic that you would prefer a far worse ref, than a good one that has a Frech Da? Headscratch

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:38 pm

beshocked wrote:It would bother me if he had a French mother. Yes. Refs have to be impartial so they cannot be accused of bias when they inevitably make the wrong call.

Your refereeing panel will have a tough job. "Are you a pure blooded Ayrian? Have you ever had any Jewish ancestors?"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:38 pm

Jennifer you are biased yourself. You obviously don't understand.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:42 pm

You don't seem to get it into your head that a lot of people including myself don't want a half French referee reffing a game vs a French side because of the inevitable accusations of bias.

You are ignorant to this because Alain Rolland does not ref Irish teams. It doesn't affect you.

I have not been impressed by Rolland's performances either. I think he's a poor ref.

I personally don't want to worry if the ref is going to make the right decision or not. I want him to get the big calls right. Rolland failed to in the match on Saturday - Estebanez has been hauled up in front of the citing commissioner, justifiably so but if he had been punished the game would have been entirely different.

Last edited by beshocked on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm

beshocked wrote:Jennifer you are biased yourself. You obviously don't understand.

Laugh Kettle...Pot....anyone?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:52 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:Jennifer you are biased yourself. You obviously don't understand.

As an Irishman you don't have to put up with Alain Rolland. He doesn't referee your matches. It's a shame you have a difficulty understanding but then again I am not surprised.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:53 pm

beshocked wrote:You don't seem to get it into your pig headed skull that a lot of people including myself don't want a half French referee reffing a game vs a French side because of the inevitable accusations of bias.
I get that OK, and I have no problem with you or anyone else thinking he is a sh1t ref. (although I don't agree)
Personally I think the French can get a bum deal from Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish refs. I think it is good to have someone who "understands" them.

I also get that you are passionate about your team and obviously a little one eyed. We all are to one extent or another.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:57 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

As an Irishman you don't have to put up with Alain Rolland. He doesn't referee your matches. It's a shame you have a difficulty understanding but then again I am not surprised.

yep good definition of being a neutral...as opposed to being a one-eyed Saracens fan. thanks god they won last weekend, otherwise I bet the SAS would have captured Rolland and Estebanez by now.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

Maybe the French do get a bum deal from Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish refs in your eyes but it doesn't make it right in my eyes to have a ref with a French father reffing a French game.

Look at the furore after the Welsh game (by the book he was right but it was still contraversial).

Alain Rolland's poor call will be swept under the carpet because Saracens won and the game was exciting. It doesn't make it go away but it means the issue of Rolland's credentials isn't followed up.

This issue comes up every time - e.g. France vs England 2012 6 nations.

You could say having someone who "understands" them gives them an edge because he gets more french games.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Nor am I surprised at your lack of understanding. You have demonstrated many times that once you get an idea into your head, no amount of logic will dislodge it for you.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:04 pm

whocares wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

yep good definition of being a neutral...as opposed to being a one-eyed Saracens fan. thanks god they won last weekend, otherwise I bet the SAS would have captured Rolland and Estebanez by now.

No you are right I am not neutral and neither are you (a Frenchman), Jenifer mcladyboy (an Irishman) or Rolland (both French and Irish).

Capturing Rolland and Estebanez wouldn't have changed the result. Look I just want to see correct decisions being made. Estebanez will hopefully get his comeuppance with a ban (no I don't have any assassinations planned). I am just rightly saying that Rolland's elligibility to ref French games should be questioned in direct response to your biased French POV that Rolland was harsh on Racing.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:05 pm

am happy to have Rolland banned from all french related games if we also ban Clancy and also Leighton Hodges (just because he's really bad) and that other guy with a french name (ermm Joubert right?)....In fact I wish only Nigel Owens and Steve Walsh would be allowed to ref french teams!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Nor am I surprised at your lack of understanding. You have demonstrated many times that once you get an idea into your head, no amount of logic will dislodge it for you.

Generally because I am more right than wrong. I am generally proved to be correct. Do you still think Connacht are a good side after the humping Quins gave them?

I am correct to question Alain Rolland's reffing of French games. I have pointed out a clear potential match changing decision where Rolland got it badly wrong.

If you don't agree fine.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

whocares wrote:am happy to have Rolland banned from all french related games if we also ban Clancy and also Leighton Hodges (just because he's really bad) and that other guy with a french name (ermm Joubert right?)....In fact I wish only Nigel Owens and Steve Walsh would be allowed to ref french teams!
You're wasting your time. The irony will be lost on him.

Sorry Leicester fans for helping derail your thread. Best of luck on Sunday. Just don't let the feckers score 4 tries and lose by less than 7 (If it still matters by then)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:10 pm

whocares wrote:am happy to have Rolland banned from all french related games if we also ban Clancy and also Leighton Hodges (just because he's really bad) and that other guy with a french name (ermm Joubert right?)....In fact I wish only Nigel Owens and Steve Walsh would be allowed to ref french teams!

On what grounds though?

Are they half French too?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:11 pm

beshocked wrote:
I am generally proved to be correct.
Of course you are.

The lucky girl who marries you may not yet realise, that when she marries Mr Right, his first name is Always. Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:13 pm

beshocked wrote:Maybe the French do get a bum deal from Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish refs in your eyes but it doesn't make it right in my eyes to have a ref with a French father reffing a French game.

Look at the furore after the Welsh game (by the book he was right but it was still contraversial).

Alain Rolland's poor call will be swept under the carpet because Saracens won and the game was exciting. It doesn't make it go away but it means the issue of Rolland's credentials isn't followed up.

This issue comes up every time - e.g. France vs England 2012 6 nations.

You could say having someone who "understands" them gives them an edge because he gets more french games.

So, no problem there then. He proved he could make a correct decision even though he must have known it would be very unpopular. Kahunas.

For the record, I don't look at rolland and think 'he's half French', I actually think (well i don't actually, because life is too short) that he's an Irishman. You can't possibly prove that heritage equals bias, thats an absolute nonsense i'm afraid.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:13 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

The lucky girl who marries you may not yet realise, that when she marries Mr Right, his first name is Always. Laugh

Actually my first name is Generally, Surname Right. I have to acknowledge I am wrong on some occasions.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:17 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

Actually my first name is Generally, Surname Right. I have to acknowledge I am wrong on some occasions.

Oh Dear God, you actually believe that don't you?

picard

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:18 pm

If you Irish and French want Rolland reffing your games you are welcome to him. I just hope he doesn't get too many more games involving Saracens or England when they face French sides.

Unfortunately it happens too frequently.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

As a neutral, I find Alain Rolland to be about as French as my arse

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm

Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

picard

I suspect everyone on the site believes that about themselves Jimpy. I know I do Wink
If you didn't you wouldn't bother expressing your opinions.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm

How many games has Alain Rolland reffed involving Exeter vs a French side?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:27 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

picard

I suspect everyone on the site believes that about themselves Jimpy. I know I do Wink

Too true. I am sure Jimpy thinks he's wrong most of the time....

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:30 pm

beshocked wrote:

On what grounds though?

Are they half French too?

drumroll

...because they are the best refs in my opinion...

ok back to the subject now : Leicester by 10. hope the game will be a classic as many leicester home games have been in the past.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:32 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

picard

Too true. I am sure Jimpy thinks he's wrong most of the time....

I certainly wouldn't be arrogant or daft enough to state that I was generally right about everything. I do like a banter, but that would be just delusional wouldn't it...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:32 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

Good man! I'll keep an eye out for that

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

One eye?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:40 pm

Actually. Sorry Tigers fans. (Decent bunch of chaps and all that) but from a purely selfish point of view, I hope Toulouse Hammer you, because there would be no potential threat to us, and an outside chance of the Ospreys getting a run in the Amlin which might tire them out for the League where they have an annoying habit of Beating us at home in the Final.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Of course you are.

One eye?
Aye

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

I want Tigers to win. Good luck.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:45 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Actually. Sorry Tigers fans. (Decent bunch of chaps and all that) but from a purely selfish point of view, I hope Toulouse Hammer you, because there would be no potential threat to us, and an outside chance of the Ospreys getting a run in the Amlin which might tire them out for the League where they have an annoying habit of Beating us at home in the Final.
Outside of that I hope you win. Very Happy

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:47 pm

Regardless, I don't think an Irish team or an English team is good enough to win it this year. Its hard to look past a French side. Maybe Quins if they maintain current form, but for me Clermont are the favourites.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

Jimpy wrote:Regardless, I don't think an Irish team or an English team is good enough to win it this year. Its hard to look past a French side. Maybe Quins if they maintain current form, but for me Clermont are the favourites.

+1. Clermont as favourites for me, with Toulon 2nd - this just may be the year Toulon get all of the "galacticos" to click.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

Toulon's roster is like a contemporary rugby hall of fame, quite amazing how this is the first year they've begun to impress.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:00 pm

Jimpy wrote:Regardless, I don't think an Irish team or an English team is good enough to win it this year. Its hard to look past a French side. Maybe Quins if they maintain current form, but for me Clermont are the favourites.

+1. Clermont as favourites for me, with Toulon 2nd - this just may be the year Toulon get all of the "galacticos" to click.
Hard to argue there. But there is so much that's down to chance. Having all of your top players fit at the right time. Getting a home semi.

Personally, if Leinster are out I want to see Ulster beat a French team in a HC final inLansdowne rd again.

Remember the last time two French teams met there? They couldn't give away the tickets.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Hard to argue there. But there is so much that's down to chance. Having all of your top players fit at the right time. Getting a home semi.

Personally, if Leinster are out I want to see Ulster beat a French team in a HC final inLansdowne rd again.

Remember the last time two French teams met there? They couldn't give away the tickets.

I'll be turning up regardless of who's in the final Very Happy

I've been impressed by Ulster this season, but as you rightly point out, fit players at the business end are key, and Ulster's current injuries could well cost them that crucial home QF
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 17 Jan 2013, 4:15 pm

Yup. It could well cost them. I hope they can do the buisness though. Even if they have to go away to Antarctica or wherever Sarries fancy playing games next April.

I will also be there regardless. As I have already bragged on another thread the stadium is about 20 mins walk (or 5 mins cycle) from my house, and I have 4 tickets on the Halfway line. {Smug Bastid Icon}

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:24 pm

Cheers for ruining the tread guys...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:27 pm

beshocked wrote:How many games has Alain Rolland reffed involving Exeter vs a French side?
None as far as I recollect, and my grounds for being disappointed if he did would be cos I think he refs in an 'its-all-about-me' style, nothing to do with nationality

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 17 Jan 2013, 6:11 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:Still I don't think it's right to have a French ref in a game involving a French side. I know Allain Roland is half Irish too but that's not enough IMO.
He is not half Irish.
He is born bred and buttered in Ireland and lived his whole life there. Played all his rugby there.

He just happens to have a French Da and be able to speak the lingo. I'm not going to bother me hole digging up loads of examples of people you would consider as English as the queen who are in the same boat.

Like the Queen, who is half German for example?

She's not half German she is born bred and buttered in..... ... she just happens to.........great great.........Dunno about the lingo.

Would you let her Ref a France Germany soccer match? Smile

You know the Queen is only "German" if you go back generations, as the last Monarch in the Windsor family to be born out of the UK was George II in 1727 and all 4 of her grandparents were born in the UK, right? Not that Rollain isn't a true Irishman but the comparison between the two and in fact the general "the British Royal Family are German" argument is ridiculous in the truest sense
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Toulouse match day XV out :

Composition du Stade (site off)

1 Steenkamp 2 Tolofua 3 Johnston
4 Albacete 5 Maestri
6 Lamboley 8 Picamoles 7 Dusautoir
9 Doussain 10 Beauxis(!!)
11 Huget 12 McAlister 13 Fritz 14 Clerc
15 Poitrenaud

half surprise with Mc Alister at 12 but guess its not worst than playing Jauzion but am worried to see how beauxis will cope... Nyanga must be tired as well as Lamboley is not fantastic at flanker.

subs: Kakovin Botha Montès Millo-chluski Nyanga Burgess Jauzion Médard

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

From the Tigers wbsite:

Richard Cockerill has made just one change to the Leicester Tigers line-up ahead of Sunday's Heineken Cup Pool 2 match against Toulouse at Welford Road.
Thomas Waldrom has been named to play in the back row alongside Steve Mafi and Julian Salvi in the only alteration to the team that started last weekend's draw against the Ospreys in Round 5, with Jordan Crane selected among the replacements.

Louis Deacon will captain the Tigers team in front of a 24,000 capacity crowd at Welford Road, while tighthead prop Dan Cole makes his 100th appearance for the club since his debut in 2007.

(So Manu plays :whoop )

Leicester Tigers (v Toulouse, Welford Road, Sunday 3pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Niall Morris
13 Manusamoa Tuilagi
12 Anthony Allen
11 Adam Thompstone
10 Toby Flood
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Tom Youngs
3 Dan Cole
4 Louis Deacon (c)
5 Geoff Parling
6 Steve Mafi
7 Julian Salvi
8 Thomas Waldrom

Replacements
16 Rob Hawkins
17 Logovii Mulipola
18 Martin Castrogiovanni
19 Ed Slater
20 Jordan Crane
21 Sam Harrison
22 George Ford
23 Matt Smith

Toulouse
15 Clément Poitrenaud
14 Vincent Clerc
13 Florian Fritz
12 Luke McAlister
11 Yoann Huget
10 Lionel Beauxis
9 Jean-Marc Doussain
1 Gurthro Steenkamp
2 Christopher Tolofua
3 Census Johnston
4 Yoann Maestri
5 Patricio Albacete
6 Grégory Lamboley
7 Thierry Dusautoir
8 Louis Picamoles

Replacements
16 Gary Botha
17 Vasil Kakovin
18 Yohan Montes
19 Romain Millo-Chluski
20 Yannick Nyanga
21 Luke Burgess
22 Yannick Jauzion
23 Maxim Medard

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:06 pm

Should be a cracker. Great line ups to round off the pool stages of perhaps the 2nd last Heino ever.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 18 Jan 2013, 2:27 pm

I'm mildly disappointed not to see Croft on the bench and Salvi out altogether.

This week the whole team needs to step up properly rather than the limp performance of last week where no-one shone through the gloom.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

greytiger wrote:I'm mildly disappointed not to see Croft on the bench and Salvi out altogether.

This week the whole team needs to step up properly rather than the limp performance of last week where no-one shone through the gloom.
Are there 2 Salvis or is the one playing 7 a misprint?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

My misreading of the teamsheet Jenny.
I sort of presumed he'd picked up an injury or something.

But as it happens I just need to get my one eye down to specsavers or Monocculists'R'Us

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next