The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British boxers seeking Z-list status.

+8
spencerclarke
TheMackemMawler
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
dildo baggins
Dr Gregory House MD
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
12 posters

Go down

British boxers seeking Z-list status. Empty British boxers seeking Z-list status.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 16:36

Things are not looking good for the future of British boxing if numpties like Luke Cambell and Anthony Agogo want to prance around terrible celebrity graveyard shows like 'prancing on ice', i'm a wannabe get me out of here', and 'Splash'. What is with these fevered egos who want to sell the bears fur before killing it. They have done nothing...NOTHING! in the world of boxing to wind up on my tv that I paid big money to purchase a licence.

Anthony Joshua wants to shame himself on superstars of sport like he some kind of superstar. I blame David Haye who is a celeb/somewhat boxer. He has tainted the minds of people like Amir Khan and others in a desperate bid to become a household name. Haye is another celebrity lady of loose morals at the media gangbang.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

British boxers seeking Z-list status. Empty Re: British boxers seeking Z-list status.

Post by azania Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 17:23

Tumbleweed

azania

Back to top Go down

British boxers seeking Z-list status. Empty Re: British boxers seeking Z-list status.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 17:49

This is purley a statement based article and in no means was this article open for replys.

I am sorry I should have made this clear from the start.

THERE IS NO NEED TO COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 20:32

Amir Khan appeared on Superstars prior to turning pro

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by dildo baggins Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 20:48

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:This is purley a statement based article and in no means was this article open for replys.

Do you think by TYPING IN CAPITALS we will get the message?

dildo baggins

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 21:00

I'll offer an opinion on your thread ONETWO....

I think guys that go on these shows are doing the right thing....Any publicity for a Boxer is a good thing now Boxing has left the back pages....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 5:58

dildo baggins wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:This is purley a statement based article and in no means was this article open for replys.

Do you think by TYPING IN CAPITALS we will get the message?

Great name.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:11

Agree with TRUSS, the more publicity these guys get the better for boxing it is. Anything that makes fighting media friendly get my nod of approval.

Some people think all fighters are barbaric numpties so if shows like these dispel such myths then great. As long as it doesn't negatively impact your training then go for it.

They need as much exposure as possible, as too does boxing.

You sound like one of those people who goes off the band (that "you" discovered at a festival) because they went "commercial".
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:16

I don't particularly like reality tv in general but if it gets boxings name out in the papers again it can only be a good thing. It's a shame its popularity has fallen by the way side but this may be the chance to get some more fans.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 21:41

you do know superstars was an OLYMPICS special dont you?

i typed in capitals.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 22:16

What is the problem with these guys doing reality TV?

It gives them access to growing a fan base outside of the hardcore boxing fans from very early in their careers its a great idea. Its not like they are going to be fighting regularly on terrestrial TV so mainstream exposure can be hard to come by.

Boxers need to sell themselves its not like football where people follow a team. Haye is very good at it he has a huge following in this country for someone who has been in pretty dull fights. Its about staying relevant Floyd Mayweather did it on Dancing with the stars and it never did him any harm.

I think Tyson Fury should go on Celebrity Big Brother if he's smart enough he could become a big star over here.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 7:39

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
I think Tyson Fury should go on Celebrity Big Brother if he's smart enough he could become a big star over here.

Think I can see the flaw in your plan on this one Kev.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 7:47

1-2, it's a while since you've written a long article? It's a shame because normally the are quite good.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 23 Jan 2013 - 9:35

Yeah no prob with Olympic stars pimping themselves out. They make a few bucks, keeps them and boxing in the public conciousness. I think winning a gold medal counts as achieving something. The more these guys sell themselves on primetime tv shows the better chance we have of seeing boxing on terrestrial tv rather than primetime tv.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down