The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting?

+40
RuggerRadge2611
Knackeredknees
LondonTiger
beshocked
Biltong
Mickado
George Carlin
Feckless Rogue
timhen
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
Ozzy3213
george doors
21st Century Schizoid Man
Jenifer McLadyboy
majesticimperialman
Glas a du
maestegmafia
UlstermaninGlasgow
Big
IanBru
thebluesmancometh
ChequeredJersey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cyril
PenfroPete
RugbyFan182
EnglishReign
formerly known as Sam
Breadvan
GLove39
nathan
johnpartle
MrsP
Imperialbigdave
whocares
TJ1
Morgannwg
HammerofThunor
CurlyOsp
44 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting? - Page 2 Empty Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting?

Post by CurlyOsp Sun 20 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

So with the pool stages behind us, there will be a fair few supporters who's teams unfortunately didn't make it. My question is, who will you be cheering on in the knock-out stages and why?

Personally I'll be standing up for the Ulster men. If a Welsh team had made it I'd naturally back them, but seeing as that didn't happen I'll be backing Ulster as the team who, in my eyes, deserve the cup the most. They hit amazing for at the start of this season and managed to play a very entertaining brand of rugby. Ulster v Clermont in the final could be an absolute classic.

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting?

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:48 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:

In the Amlin it's Bath, obviously. But when they go out at the QF stage it will be Leinster, because I happen to like ladyboys. OK
oooh Missus. I'm getting all excited. Smile

Very Happy Just spent the weekend having the craic with a special bunch of rugby fans, most of whom were Leinster supporters, so it's a no-brainer.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting? - Page 2 Empty Re: Knock-out stages: Who are you supporting?

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:51 pm

PenfroPete wrote:HEINEKEN - ASM Clermont Auvergne. They have been my 'French Side' since 2004

AMLIN - tough one. I have friends who support some of the quarter-finalists
Wasps - Hound
Bath - PJHolyBloke
Leinster - so many. Gibson, Huggy, Puma, MickeyT, Mickado .....
Gloucester - PropLyd (also our club captain)
On reflection, it's got to be ........ WASPS as they have a certain Welsh #10 (and I don't mean Nicky Robinson)

Hug

:

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

You are such a tart PJ.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:02 pm

Good to hear that a good weekend was had by all in Devon. A most superb host is As.

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:13 pm

Glas a du wrote:You are such a tart PJ.

Very Happy Am I so shallow?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

Gibbo gives you Gin and you dump Ulster for her neighbour Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:24 pm

Glas a du wrote:Gibbo gives you Gin and you dump Ulster for her neighbour Very Happy

Nooooooooo, Ulster in the Heino, Leinster in the Amlin if they stay in longer than Bath.

It may have said Gin on the bottle mate, but I can only presume that Gin is Dutch for "paint-stripper". vomit
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun 20 Jan 2013, 10:27 pm

So you support three clubs in two competitions but are not promiscuous?

That's the prosecution case Your Honour...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:12 pm

Same as Penfro.

Clermont for Byrne and as they were so close last year. Plus their supporters are great.

Wasps for the Amlin, for the big Welsh link and as they came out of the Dragons group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:47 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Same as Penfro.

Clermont for Byrne and as they were so close last year. Plus their supporters are great.

Wasps for the Amlin, for the big Welsh link and as they came out of the Dragons group.

Hug

The Dragons fans are are a great laugh, and add something to any ground.

Ale cider guinness

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:55 pm

Harlequins for me, they play an attractive style of rugby and along with Munster have the fewest foreign players (both just 5 each in the entire squad).

Of the English sides I think Saracens will go the furthest though, they don't play sparkling rugby, just quietly go about their business, playing pragmatically, stalling the opposition's gameplan and grinding out wins. That makes them the more difficult side to play in my opinion, they won't put you to the sword but they have an incredible ability to just frustrate you and slowly but firmly edge you out. I already see quite a few people on these boards underestimating them compared to the flashier sides.

Clermont will take the title though.

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 21 Jan 2013, 1:52 am

I'll be shouting for Munster and Ulster. I wouldn't mind Clermont winning because it's taken them four attempts to get past us, and I'm sure they'd have at least one title by now if it wasn't for us repeatedly breaking their hearts. It would also give me some consolation that we were put out by the eventual champions.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 21 Jan 2013, 7:00 am

SUFTUM. Hug

Then Clermont, whom I believe as a collective are truly excellent and whilst less fashionable than some of the others left, will prove to be incredibly difficult to beat.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 21 Jan 2013, 7:24 am

Ulster (slightly) ahead of Munster because they play some good rugby.

After that Clermont because they're a wonderful team to watch and their fans are sound as a pound. I'd take the underdogs after that, Montpellier. Then it's just a matter of which team I dislike least:

Quins
Tigers
Toulon
Saracens

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 21 Jan 2013, 7:39 am

Quarters

Quins v Munster
Clermont v Montpellier
Toulon V Leicester
Sarries V Ulster

Semis

Sarries/Ulster V Toulon/Leicester

Clermont/Montpellier V Quins/Munster
So Leinster won't defend their title, I wonder if Ulster will be able to correct their mistakes of last year and take the cup this time.

I suppose the Irish, English and French supporters will be happy with having, 2, 3 and 3 teams respectively in the quarters.

Commisserations to the weslh and Scottish supporters. I think the Saracens vs Ulster match will be the closest to call, the others I would suspect the home teams to win.

Who will I support?

I'll tell you after I see who wins between Ulster and Sarries.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Mon 21 Jan 2013, 8:48 am

COYQ

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 21 Jan 2013, 8:59 am

I'd obviously like ASM to finally win the thing. Failing that maybe Harlequins as they never won it either and it will be probably more difficult next year for them.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:12 am

I want the English sides to do well.

After that Montpellier because they are the underdogs plus would love them to knock out Clermont.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:20 am

Tigers (of course)

followed by (in order):

Sarries
Quins
Clermont
Ulster
Montpelier
Munster
Toulon

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:32 am

Ulster obviously.

Then Munster.

Quins
Clermont
Montpellier

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:29 am

Not a lot of love being shown towards sarries?

Can anyone give a reason why there not to keen on us Crying or Very sad

I'm going for
Sarries
Quins
Tigers
Munster
Ulster
Toulon

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:34 am

Knackeredknees wrote:Not a lot of love being shown towards sarries?

I'm going for
Sarries
Quins
Tigers
Munster
Ulster
Toulon

Don't forget that Saracens are boring,arrogant and English. Plus they actually win matches, people don't like that.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:39 am

Oi, did you miss my post, only two above yours Sad

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:40 am

I don't have a particular antithesis towards the Sarries, in fact the Mark McCall connection makes me take an interest but they don't play an attractive brand of rugby. Fine, it works for them but it's not the best to watch for anyone except a Sarries fan.

That plus we are playing them in the quarters puts them well down my list.

Others may have different reasons.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:45 am

Sarries, Clermont or Montpellier.

Reason? A scotsman is playing a major part in their campaigns :

Sarries : Brown
Montpellier : Beattie
Clermont : Hines

These 3 continue to play well and they'll hopefully get noticed by Gatland and make the Lions tour and give us Scots something to cheer about. Also I have gained a grudging respect for the steam roller style the Sarries play. They do the basics really well and simply crush the opposition with ruthless efficiency.

Hand on heart I would really like to see Clermont take it most of all. They play some fantastic rugby.

On a more personal note (sorry to Ulster and Munster fans in advance) I'm sick of seeing Irish teams winning it so it would be nice to see it go somewhere other than the emerald isle.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:52 am

beshocked wrote:

I'm going for
Sarries
Quins
Tigers
Munster
Ulster
Toulon

Don't forget that Saracens are boring,arrogant and English. Plus they actually win matches, people don't like that.

They certainly are very boring

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:02 am

beshocked wrote:

I'm going for
Sarries
Quins
Tigers
Munster
Ulster
Toulon

Not quite true shocked, can't remember us ever being arrogant! And it's a well known FACT!!!!! That we are not English. We are infact South African with a few PI players!

Depends on what you call attractive? I'm a forward I don't do pretty I do in your face bully you into submission tight controlled rugby, so those things that stand behind me getting cold can do the pretty stuff when it's on

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:07 am

In order of support:

1 - Munster
2 - Ulster
3 - Quins
4 - Clermont
6 - Tigers
7 - Toulon
8 - Saracens
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:11 am

george doors wrote:
beshocked wrote:

I'm going for
Sarries
Quins
Tigers
Munster
Ulster
Toulon

One man's boring is another man's entertainment. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

Ulster as it's been so long since they won it,Munster slightly behind them and then I don't care.

Don't really want to see Toulon or Clermont win it as I hate the French moneybags system and want to see it fail as much as possible.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:13 pm

Quins and after that Montpellier

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:14 pm

Biltong wrote:
george doors wrote:
beshocked wrote:

I'm going for
Sarries
Quins
Tigers
Munster
Ulster
Toulon

One man's boring is another man's entertainment. Whistle

Very very boring Wink and not very English... Whistle

Would love to see peoples reactions if they won the comp though

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:16 pm

If people are doing orders:

Quins

Saracens
Tigers

Ulster
Munster

Montpelier

Clermont
Toulon

Not because I particularly dislike any teams but England>Ireland>France
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:23 pm

Quins will get my backing as i enjoy their style of rugby.

Followed by any of the English teams.

I wouldn't mind Clermont winning it, they play some great rugby and 'deserve' as much as any team can do to win the thing.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:28 pm

yappysnap wrote:Quins and after that Montpellier

I wonder why? Whistle Is it perhaps because you want Montpellier to take out Clermont? thumbsup

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:29 pm

Clermont terrify me, can't believe we got top seeding and then that semi final draw!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm

Clermont terrify me too! Genuinely stunned that we rack up all those points to have to then beat Munster and go away to Clermont and that's before the final.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:35 pm

beshocked wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Quins and after that Montpellier

I wonder why? Whistle Is it perhaps because you want Montpellier to take out Clermont? thumbsup

Laugh

I hadn't thought of that but now you mention it i'd take that!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:38 pm

red_stag wrote:In order of support:

1 - Munster
2 - Ulster
3 - Quins
4 - Clermont
6 - Tigers
7 - Toulon
8 - Saracens

Headscratch

Is it the number 5 or Montpellier you don't like?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:39 pm

Only Paul O'Connell gets to have the number 5.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:59 pm

laughing

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 1:05 pm

red_stag wrote:Only Paul O'Connell gets to have the number 5.

Poor mans Risca Rev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2