The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Tour - Qatar Masters

+14
Faldono1fan
Skydriver
HiGun
Bob_the_Job
Seve_The_Great
super_realist
Roller_Coaster
incontinentia
SmithersJones
themightyone
pedro
dynamark
kwinigolfer
princedracula
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

European Tour - Qatar Masters - Page 3 Empty European Tour - Qatar Masters

Post by princedracula Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

First topic message reminder :

What would you prefer to see more at the moment? A duel between #1&2 or one between #4&5? After last week's 1&2 fiasco, I know what I would like to watch... It was great to read the two articles on the European Tour website on the two top contenders at the Qatar Masters, Rose and Oosthuizen, and to hear both of them feeling really confident and having the #1 spot in the world very much in their minds (as well as in their sights) as a future goal. If you want to find the two top players in the world who are also in peak form at the moment, you probably won't have to look further then these two. Let's just hope they won't disappoint this week...Don't forget: this will have an early start... begins tomorrow and ends Saturday!

The Qatar Masters has a long enough history as a Middle East golf tournament, but it really hit the big league from 2006 when Commercial Bank came in as main sponsor...

Spoiler:
From those playing this year, Paul Lawrie has the best record here with two wins, and he will be, of course, the defending champion this year. But other guys like Bjorn, Stenson, Garcia and even Gonzo have done really well here during the years, so look for them to be up there in contention again. Pitty once again about Quiros, who is not playing this week, and who also has a really good record here...

I don't know too much about the Middle East golf courses, but at least from what I saw on tv in the past, the Doha course would be one of my favorites in that part of the world. But if you want a very well informed view of the course, you can read Peter Hanson's guide over here:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2013/tournamentid=2013007/news/newsid=183496.html

Unsurprisingly, the weather is supposed to be mild this week and the winds, which can be very tricky here, are forecasted as 'light'...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

European Tour - Qatar Masters - Page 3 Empty Re: European Tour - Qatar Masters

Post by dynamark Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am

Just spoke to our representative in the desert slight suntan to show for his efforts his father still lives out there and carried the bag apparently.
great experience back to the day job

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3