The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS*

+23
JoshSansom
The_Rad_Russian
Bull
talkingpoint
sparxz
Kenny
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Brilliant_yep
JJJohnson
The_Enigma
Adam D
Hero
TheCelticGarbutt
Bluebird_ccfc
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mr Video Man
VDT
GSC
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS* Empty Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS*

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:48 am

Was looking forward to this event don't usually like to fork out for the box office PPVs unless I think it will be worth while but watching this morning on fast forward before work I felt let down by both the title match and the rumble.

The most predictable Rumble in years, I was hoping WWE would be abit more creative and use the rumble to give a midcard the win for a change instead of taking the Boring. Dull. John Cena route. Never been so unexcited about a final 3 than I was by Sheamus Ryback and Cena.

Secondly the ending for the title match. Could of been done in such a better way, I was shocked/happy when I thought they were going to keep the title on punk....but no they swerve that and put the title on somebody who turns up for a few months to sell tickets for wrestlemania.

Wasn't overly impressed by there match last year at Wrestlemania and now it's happening again and it's so obvious that Cena will win it this time. Another 3 months of dull Cena promos....can't wait.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS* Empty Re: Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS*

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 9:54 am

I don't know what you were expecting to be honest

It was set up for Cena to win the rumble when we knew it was rock/punk for the title. Didn't expect anything different

Back to top Go down

Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS* Empty Re: Dissapointed *Royal Rumble SPOILERS*

Post by GSC Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:07 am

Yeah, kinda glad I didnt bother staying up when I saw that.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:09 am

That's what I'm saying, I was expecting it to turn out like that (predictable) but I was holding a little bit of hope that they'd actually try something different.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

I think the Rumble was good considering we all knew who was gonna win:
- The little story between Cody and Goldust was good, not knowing whether to fight each other or work as a team.
- I liked that Bo Dallas got a good 20 - 25 minute run and looks like its set up a feud with Barrett.
- Liked Y2J coming out number 2
- The elimination were nicely staggered meaning there was always plenty on wrestlers in the ring.

What was the point of the Godfather, Couldn't we have had at least one Ho Train!!! and Khali being 23 was bad booking

Surprised The Big Show didn't make an appearance
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:17 am

I liked the rumble itself just not the ending.

Jericho at number two was a great booking. Huge pop. Crowd was great throughout the rumble. I was hoping that Brodus and Godfather would team up for abit but that never happend as Clay had already gone and the quick exit of Godfather.

Team Hell No eliminations were also well done.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:22 am

VDT wrote:

What was the point of the Godfather, Couldn't we have had at least one Ho Train!!! and Khali being 23 was bad booking

a ho train isn't pg.....and the khali 23 booking.......well thats wwe for you just see the result of punk vs rock
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:24 am

Can't believe we are gonna see Rock-Cena again. Wasn't it meant to be "Once in a lifetime"?

Unless there is some decent undercard matches I ain't watching Mania and glad I didn't stay up for this. I usually like to get into WWE around Mania time but not this year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 28 Jan 2013, 10:25 am

sjh5678 wrote:
VDT wrote:

a ho train isn't pg.....and the khali 23 booking.......well thats wwe for you just see the result of punk vs rock

I only say Khali at 23 was bad booking because thats i picked 23 in the Royal Rumble game
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:05 am

I actually thought it was a decent show and I don't see why anybody was surprised by the results, it's always been the most logical booking. CM Punk still looked fairly strong as he pretty much dominated the match despite being booked as injured (I think this was legitimate and I worry whether Punk will have done serious damage by carrying on doing big spots.)

I am sick of people complaining about it being 'Once in a Lifetime'...that was a tagline, and it was only said because in kayfabe terms nobody knew the match would happen again.

I thought the actual Rumble match was really good, but thought the Godfather, Tensai and The Great Khali, Sin Cara were all really unnecessary entrants. I think Jericho was the best entrant, I did mark out a little when he came out because I didn't expect it at all. Goldust, Bo Dallas were both booked really well, Ziggler got a really good showing and there were points where you thought he might just win it, Ryback and Sheamus were also booked really well and so was Randy Orton. I thought they booked the Rumble really well giving most people a good showing, even Titus O'Neil looked good for a few minutes. I understand why people might not like the ending, but I thought the Rumble match was actually really good.

The crowd were totally dead though until the Rumble match, the Alberto Del Rio, Big Show match was totally forgettable and the crowd seemed to not care at all. The spot through the table was good, but they've already done the duck tape the legs for a Last Man Standing match, and while the first time I thought it was really good, it felt a little cheap this time and I can't help but feel that WWE are trying to make Del Rio into Eddie Guerrero.

I thought the tag team match was alright, the crowd weren't very good for it though as they were waiting for the Rumble. But I didn't really understand the point of the promo afterwards as they were only like 3 entrants apart, both in the 20s. I expected Bryan to come out at 2 and Kane at 30, but Bryan to still be in the match. The possible break up in the Rumble was done well.

The Rock's promo before the match was probably the worst promo I've ever seen him do. He stumbled over his lines, was looking into space (reading a script I think), the promo was really odd with some parts not making any sense and he seems to have picked up a few tips from Cena as he essentially just shouted his way through it. He was full on shaking as well.

The match between Rock and CM Punk was quite good, I do think that Punk's knee injury was legitimate though. The camera weren't ready to pick it up and it didn't actually play a big role in the match so I think he actually damaged it and they just carried on which I imagine affected the match. The Shield attack was done quite well with the lights going off, but I did expect The Rock to say that it wasn't The Shield who attacked him but Brock Lesnar (hence lights off so not using up one of Lesnar's dates) and CM Punk keeps his title. It's be interesting to see what happens with Punk now, if he is injured it'll be a huge blow to WWE especially coming up to 'Mania season. I can only see the Undertaker route, or possibly a face turn and fighting the Shield? (Wouldn't want to see another face turn though.)

I understand why people didn't like the endings of the matches, but it was fairly obvious they were going to happen. Sometimes there is more to a good show or good storyline than surprises, and WWE have realised that in this case. There's also still the possibility that it won't be Rock vs Cena and CM Punk will get involved.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:18 am

number 10 was my first entrant of the night, and out came heath slater, i marked out, i genuinely did. and i thought he was going all the way until cena robbed him. my last entrant was number 22 for the second year running, and i thought i had a great chance with cesaro, and was suprised he was eliminated so quickly. i was suprised with alot of the eliminations, ziggler's, barrett's. kane and bryan was absolutely hilarious, funniest part of the night without a doubt. but as it got down to the final 8 i knew it was cena's night.

jerichos return was great, and tbh the crowd were great too.

i thought rocks promo before the match was very very good, and he was actually very worked up! cm punks entrance was just awesome and the match was very good, shame the table broke for the biggest spot of the match. i enjoyed it, and i embraced my friend after i thought punk had won, we were delighted until vince came out. and now i know were just gunna have to watch weeks and weeks of drab with cena on the mic and a crappy predictable title match at mania :/

errrrm, where was shelton benjamin? thanks for making me look an arse there, as i told everyone he was back, i spent the entire rumble saying, sheltons out next

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:24 am

Knew that wasn't the end of The Rock - Punk match due to being about 3.30 when Punk get the win and i thought thats abit early to finish, there must be 15 - 20 minutes more!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:32 am

errrrm, where was shelton benjamin? thanks for making me look an arse there, as i told everyone he was back, i spent the entire rumble saying, sheltons out next

Dirt sheets got it wrong, Benjamin and Carlito were in the area for an indie show.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 28 Jan 2013, 11:34 am

son of a

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm

I thought it was a cracking show, sometimes peoples views can be driven by the outcome of matches but as a stand alone event I felt it was great, the Rumble match was the best in a few years, the WWE Title match was great too, it wasn't a classic but it had that big match feel to it, you don't always get that these days as guys are thrown together so often

Its logical booking, Rock/Cena is the biggest match they can promote, the only way to get around the 'once in a lifetime' Tag Line was by making one Champion and the other the #1 Contender

Wasn't a big fan of the WHC ending, Cena done it 3 years ago with Batista, I feel its a heel way to win, this kind of finish doesn't allow for the feud to finish and since the next match is a multi-man match I'm not sure how they'll get anyone else over as a serious contender other than Big Show

I'm not a big fan of Jericho these days but felt he put on his best performance since around 2008 last night, I seen a few people wanting a Mr Perfect moment, well I felt he delivered that last night, Ziggler annoys me, the over elaboration in the selling just makes it all look so ridiculously fake, its hard to suspend your belief when he's bouncing all over the place. Kofi Kingston will never win a Royal Rumble but as long as he's agile enough to have a unique way to save himself he'll always have a spot

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:24 pm

After the restart I thought the rock punk match ended abit to quick for my likening. Rock hit spinebuster fine, hit people's elbow again fine, but I honestly thought punk would've kicked out which would've resulted in another rock bottom or something?

When it was restarted I knew rock was going to win but It left me thinking is that it?

Did we even see a gts?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

Yeah I was a bit surprised the match ended in a People's Elbow, felt like an Anti-Climax, saw Rock peed at Mike Chioda at the end too, don't know if he expected Punk to kick out or not

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:30 pm

Yeah I don't really see the hype behind zigglers selling. Not every move has to look like a Jackhammer.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:32 pm

I think the worst one was the Codebreaker, which he then flung himself at the top rope afterwards.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:43 pm

Just a random question about the Rock Bottom spot through the table. Cole stated shortly after that the Rock couldnt win the title by Countout or DQ (obviously) but would a Rock Bottom through a table of not constituted a DQ??
I also thought that Punk once not taking the option of having the Rock counted out after The Shield interference that he would of hit the GTS in the ring for the 3, thus being able to argue in future shows that it was his move that concluded the match and not the triple powerbomb. I know the stip was any involvement from the Shield at all but just thought that was the way it was going.
Disappointed with the ending, seemed rushed and too quick after the restart, if that was the plan they should of given it a good ten mins at least in my opinion.

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

Moves through the announcer's table are generally not considered worthy of a disqualification, why that's the case I'm not sure.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:29 pm

I'm with Crimey and Kayfabe on this.

When both events occured (Cena winning Rumble & Rock winning title) then I was initially disappointed, but in the cold light of day it's clearly about what generates the biggest draw at WM and what appeals to the majority of fans.

And I'm sick to death of everyone harping on about the 'Once in a Lifetime' strapline like they wouldn't have bought last years WM if was something different!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:38 pm

Could Cena theoretically face Ziggler for the title due to the AJ thing?

That leaves Punk v Rock at Mania if punk wins the title back at EC.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

I don't really understand why people are dissapointed by the outcome of the show either, and this is coming from somebody who's been down on WWE's product for the last 18 months....

It was about due that CM Punk was going to loose his title. I havn't really paid close attention to what's been goign on in the past year, but have seen the results and Punk as been treding water since October time, the content interfearences from the shield and the heel tactics he's pulled have not only started to weigh thin, but have started to make him look weak IMO. I was generally shocked that Punk retained the title, and my outlook on his reign completely changed, the prospect of seeing Punk/Cena was something nobody saw coming, but having Rock win's opens up more dimentions. Don't forget we only have apart of the puzzle, we have no idea what's going to happen come April time. Personally, the way the match ended I'd be very happy to see Rock/Cena/Punk for the WWE Title.

The royal rumble match itself was fine. I was kind of suprized to see Punk/Rock headline, but that really puts over the fact that it had that big fight feel, something that's not happened since last April. Ziggler looked incredibly strong in the match and adding Jerico was a nice genuine suprize who also came out looking strong. Goldust & Bo Dallas both were booked well coming across strong, maybe this is finally the time we see a short run of Goldust Vs Cody.

Then, there's Cena. What's not to say that he'll turn his back on a title shot and instead challenge Undertaker for his streak? It doesn't have to be logical, i mean half the time it doesn't make sence in the WWE universe. But having Cena challenge Undertaker, the number 1 face of the product challenging would really put the streak into question and at the same time keeps Cena in the main picture.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:53 pm

Decent show, nothing spectacular but I wasn't overly annoyed about what happened.

I knew Cena was going to win the Rumble, it has been obvious for ages so had already prepared myself for the disappointment. Rumble felt like it actually meant something again, and was a solid match all the way through. I thought the ending and the elimination of Ryback was weak, Cena just sells everything like a chump. I really enjoyed Ziggler's performance in the match, I want to see him as world champion sooner rather than later.

Last man standing was really dull, and so was the tag team bout....expected better from Hell No and Rhodes Scholars, didn't feel the match flowed very well.

Main Event was good in parts, but had its downfalls. Punk being in control was good to see and I thought the involvement of Heyman was good, although it leads me onto a downfall again.

Firstly, I thought the ending was weak. I've seen Punk kick out of three AA's in one match, but it takes a spinebuster and a people's elbow to beat him for a championship he has held for over 400 days?.

Second, supposedly the whole schtick was that Punk didn't need Heyman to help him, it was just an association agreement. And yet Heyman was attacking Rock all night, but then didn't think to help him out when Rock was beating Punk for the title?

I just think the match should have had a bigger feel to it. Punk is the 5th longest reigning champion in history, I would expect something a little bit bigger to finish him off after everything he has been through.

A good show, still excited for Mania, but thought a better job could have been produced on the whole.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:54 pm

The thing that annoyed me the most was the little now trending box that kept poping up, things like "MYZIGGY" is now trending
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 28 Jan 2013, 1:55 pm

To be honest I really enjoyed the show.

ADR and Big Show had a solid encounter that warmed me up nbrilliant and sn't amazing by any means but it didn't need to be as I think the feud is far from over.

Tag match was nicely played out and I was surprised at the result, I'm hoping they haven't got cold feet with Rhodes Scholars, I'd like to see the feud continue a little more as I think the 4 have great chemistry together.

The rumble was excellent. Marked out straight away for Jericho and I'm pleased the crowd were behind it. Loved it when the crowd chanted 'you still got it'll and he yelled back 'i never lost it baby'.
Ziggler was booked well, as were orton sheamus and to my delight, Cody Rhodes...I thought cody was brilliant and I enjoyed the interaction with Goldust, not knowing whether to team up or destroy each other.
The ending...predictable?yes,boring?yes, but I can understand it. We dont want a swerve each and every week, i just hope they can build a proper feud with it. I'm hoping it could start a possible heel turn for wrestlemania, they did with Rock and Austin after they had headlined a Wrestlemania previously.

The Rocks promo was just bizarre, I dont understand why he'd lower the tone by talking about cancer...i think he was preoccupied with something behind the camera. Either way I didnt enjoy it and it left me bewildered.

The main event itself didnt live up to my personal hype, but I'm pleased Punk looked strong, and it needed a restart for the 'greatest of all time' to end his immense reign.
It was a great reign and at least it went in a blaze of glory rather than an obscure MITB cash in or something of that ilk.

Looking forward to tonight to be honest, Punk will feel he has a genuine gripe. I hope we dont have a smug cena trying to crack wise. We will though, because some prefictability is needed so we can enjoy the story and any swerve that comes will be more shocking.

I was angry about Cena winning so much I actually punched my cushions. Now I've slept I'm willing to see where it will go, surely we wont just be fed exactly what we had last year with cena and rock? Or do they think having the title involved is enough spice?

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

i think its not considered a dq because the table hasnt been used on anyone, same if he did a rock bottom onto a chair in the ring, the ref wouldnt throw it out because he didnt hit him with it

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:31 pm

I know it sounds like a broken record from me but I’m most intrigued tonight as to what they do in regards to the Shield.

a) Rock took a beating from them for the 2nd week running, surely he will be gunning for them.
b) Punk had told them he didn’t want them interfering, will he have beef that in his eyes their involvement forced the continuation of the match and then he lost.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

I think that it will be Heyman working behind Punk's back with The Shield and possibly Lesnar as well. I'm not sure where they can take Punk without another face turn though, unless they do go down the Undertaker route and just leave the Shield stuff open.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 28 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

Crimey wrote:I think that it will be Heyman working behind Punk's back with The Shield and possibly Lesnar as well. I'm not sure where they can take Punk without another face turn though, unless they do go down the Undertaker route and just leave the Shield stuff open.

I could just be wired of all the coffee and nicotine i've had today but could the Undertaker be behind the shield, setting up the feud with Punk!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 28 Jan 2013, 3:40 pm

I think some peoples expectation levels on here are just beyond stupid as too what people expect from time to time, also it also appears its pretty much impossible to please some people.

The World title match i thought was a quality match, arguably not as good as the match on Smackdown a few weeks ago. But it still did the job and was a cracking opening to the show. A few decent spots including to the chockeslam through the table. The ending wasn't too good as we have seen it before when Cena did it to Batista and i wasn't a fan of there. But the positive is it keeps Big Show looking strong. I still dont see ADR going into mania as champion and i cant see him going one on one for a title in a singles match at mania. Im thinking a fatel 4 way ADR vs Sheamus vs Ziggler vs Orton. With Ziggler going in as Champion after cashing in at Elimination Chamber.

Good to see Team Hell No retain, however the start of there break up is still on due to there eliminations in the Royal Rumble.

The Royal Rumble match itself i thought was class. I wasn't a fan of it not being the main event. But i warmed to the idea as the match was just class, one of the best we have seen in a while. The Chris Jericho was a mark the **** out moment. His performance was the highlight of the night in the Royal Rumble. I wonder if he is back full time, or just for the match? Some pointless entry's in Ryder, Kahli and Godfather though. Although i was happy to see the godfather. I really hope there is a feud between Goldust and Cody Rhodes. I wasn't a fan of Cena winning but lets face it, it was always going to happen.

The main event was brilliant as expected. When the lights went out i was so sure it was going to be Brock Lesnar, but i was wrong. Now why would the shield attack Rock when being told to stay away to by Punk? Paul Heyman is behind it me thinks. I am happy rocky won, childhood hero and i never thought i would see the moment with him as champion again. Ideally i don't want him to go one on one with Cena again, but it is looking that way.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:46 pm

Thought it was excellent and that WWE did everything right.

As a Punk fan I'm happy he lost. Really interested to see the new angle for him to work with.

The Rock will be on the ball as champion, although people will find every excuse to dig him out.

And I don't think there was any other rumble winner. Once in a lifetime? Who cares? How many times have WWE billed a match as the biggest in history or the final chapter only for a rematch. It's perfect wrestling storytelling, and should set up for a memorable build

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:51 pm

I enjoyed the Rumble match some good spots , liked Dallas eliminating Barrett as i didn't see that coming . Cena winning was to be expected as was Rock going over Punk .........lets all be honest Cena v Rock for the WWE title IS the biggest match available to WWE at Mania money/buyrate wise so it was always going to happen .

Ideally i would like to see Ziggler v Punk at Mania for the World title but not sure how they would book it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 4:58 pm

I'd be gutted if Punk is given Ziggler. I'd like to see Punk vs. Lesnar in an ideal world, but I'm not sure how that can be booked without Punk becoming face. The skeleton of a story is there with the whole Heyman association and the Shield. But I can only see Lesnar being the heel.

I thought apart from Jericho's entrance (which I was a lot more excited about than I expected) I thought the best moment of the PPV was when The Shield had attacked Rock and Punk was just lying on the mat laughing. I think Punk is easily the best wrestler in the world right now.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:00 pm

Austin Aries - best in the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

One disappointment was probably Ryback I think, I assume it was to make people believe he could be a winner, his lack of stamina and having a fairly big name come out near the end but I thought that he should have come in earlier and had more eliminations. As it was I thought he looked good but not that special.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:06 pm

AA - A man currently the weaker half in a comedy duo.

Not sure you can attribute any part of Rybacks booking to a lack stamina. Shame he was 30, but I think he ended on the most eliminations (possibly joint with Sheamus) and took out both Orton and Sheamus one on one. Sadly, they really no sold the ending, could have got more of a brawl from them rather than the predictable slip off the shoulder reversal

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm

Most of the people who last a long time are smaller wrestlers, Ryback's style doesn't lend itself to lasting a long time to be honest.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:26 pm

I'd love to see Punk vs Lesnarn called it months ago and feel it's perfect for both, I do however feel Lesnar can be the face but it would rely on Paul Heyman, I just can't see him splitting from Heyman at this juncture, particularly with the new 2 year deal already been signed and sealed.

I think it can be booked logically, Heyman calls Punk the best WWE Champion ever, Lesnar takes issue with that but allows it to slide, Lesnar eliminates Punk from the WWE Title Chamber match and a peed off Punk challenges him to a match, Lesnar is a badass dude anyway, I've not considered him a heel, just someone who doesn't like the guys he's faced so far, particularly Triple H

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

I'd like to see Punk take a few months off after Mania to recharge the batteries, he's been carrying the main event scene for 18 months non stop and has been the company workhorse for 2 years previous to that too

As for Adam's question, Yes, it is possible, I wouldn't say it was likely though, if the early plans were for Rock/Punk at WrestleMania then I think they would have held off the match at the Royal Rumble and just had Rock win the Rumble instead

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Mon 28 Jan 2013, 5:56 pm

I think the thing i am most looking forward to, to hopefully come from this Royal Rumble is a Bo Dallas/Wade Barrett fued continuing and i nice push for Bo.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:04 pm

does this mean Rock will be at every Raw taping until Mania and defend the title at the EC PPV?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

happy to see Rocky win , hated cena wining

Jericho's return caught by huge surprise and the fact i went round on here saying Rumble is Jericho turns out i was correct.

think it will either be Rock v Cena v Punk or Cena hopefully takes on Ziggs hoping though Ziggs v JERICHO!

but please dont want cena/rock 2

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

talkingpoint wrote:does this mean Rock will be at every Raw taping until Mania and defend the title at the EC PPV?

I believe he's advertised to appear on 3 of the 4 Raw Shows next month now. Not sure what's happening in March

Rock & Sock Connection Vs The Shield needs to happen at some point.

I would assume and hope Rocky defends the title at EC, but problem is against who? Do we throw away Punks rematch so soon or let somebody else step up to the plate? I'd personally love to see Rocky Vs Dolph Ziggler but somehow Ziggler manages to keep his briefcase so he can semi-main event Wrestlemania!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Rad_Russian Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:33 pm

Having paid for the ppv for me and a few mates we all felt There was a big name missing for the rumble. I was never a fan of the godfather and felt this a wasted place. Theres surely someone better for a nostalgia place/pop? jericho was a good early surprise. We all hated Cena winning. Makes Booking easier though. As much as I'd hate it maybe ryback should have won? And with the punk rock match, I thought it was a good match, the crowd was split at times which added to it, and I'm intrigued with how it now pans out. Although it probably means Cena winning the title no doubt at Wm. apologies if this disjointed. Barely slept yet !

The_Rad_Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:36 pm

what happened to Christian and Mark Henry?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

Mark Henry was apparently cleared to wrestle before the Rumble but they didn't use him, I'd have thought he'd be a much better option than Khali, Tensai, Godfather or Brodus Clay though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 28 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

Crimey wrote:Mark Henry was apparently cleared to wrestle before the Rumble but they didn't use him, I'd have thought he'd be a much better option than Khali, Tensai, Godfather or Brodus Clay though.

Dont agree - if he entered the rumble and got eliminated cheaply, his return would have little impact.

If he is kept back and goes on a winning streak, its much more effective. He would get lost in the pack of the rumble.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 28 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

I agree with Adam on this. Same goes with their choice of entry from NXT in Bo Dallas who is just generic face, the Rumble masks over the blandness of him as you don't get time to notice it, the likes though of a Bray Wyatt or Kassius Ohno need the platform of a proper introduction to get themselves known.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next