The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently

+3
Notch
HammerofThunor
Ospreydragon
7 posters

Go down

Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently Empty Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently

Post by Ospreydragon Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:53 pm

Source:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/other-news/wales-without-gatland-are-no-match-for-inform-irish-ruddock-3369104.html

If Ruddock turns out to be right, that'll be 8 losses in a row, with France in Paris to come in the following week.

Perhaps the upside from what might be a poor tournament for Wales will be that we won't have many Wales players on the Lions tour, which might mean fewer injuries to our top players next season!

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently Empty Re: Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 29 Jan 2013, 4:56 pm

It's alright you'll always have us to end your losing streak if needed.

Haven't we seen enough times that previous form often means little in the 6 nations?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently Empty Re: Ruddock "fully expects" Ireland win, apparently

Post by Ospreydragon Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:42 pm

HammerofThunor, Previous form can often be misleading, that's true. But it can also indicate what a team is likely to achieve. When Wales played its AI matches in Nov 2004, for example, it was clear that they had gelled as a team -- and they went on to win the 2005 Slam. 2008 was a bit of a surprise, as was 2012.

Wales have had a lot of injuries in the last 6 months, and have a second row injury crisis that other 6N teams might be able to exploit. We will soon see whether a lot of the narrow losses Wales had against Aus are indicative of poor coaching or whether, as Wales strengthen their front row (and especially if Ian Evans can play in the second row, along with, perhaps, Kohn), it was partly down to injuries. It'll also be interesting to see whether Eng can build on their great NZ win, because such a win would bolster the confidence of any 6N team.

For Wales, a lot will depend on their first match. In previous Slams, they've proved a good start is all-important -- they are a confidence team.

Last edited by Ospreydragon on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:47 pm

Well, I wish I had Ruddocks optimism but Ireland are our own worst enemy when it comes to Wales.

Just copy and paste the gameplan thats saw you past us most recently because god knows we won't be trying anything different.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 29 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

Wales always seem to be poo the year after a slam.

Ireland are due another slam...............In 2070

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

"Wales always seem to be poo the year after a slam." -- They always have lots of injuries in the following seasons!

I expect France to win the title in the next 2 years. Eng might win it this year -- if their great NZ win indicates they are a very good side.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:03 pm

He might be referring to his Ireland U20s.

As for the Ireland team announced today, I think it looks good. I get the idea their game plan will be a defensive one. I don't expect much from the midfield but they could prove me wrong there.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:06 pm

Wales are only capable of the sublime or the ridiculous. We all know they either get the spoon or the slam. They had their peak last year, this year surely the rot will continue.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:07 pm

I do think that Ireland have to start as favourites, even if just. Ireland have a good team and we have a good bench. Wales are not so lucky.

Think that Wales will be out to prove that they aren't a run over people team and that will play into Ireland's hands.

Think we have 3 great runners in the back three so I think we could have a high scoring game. The one downside for Ireland is no Priestland as he would have give Ireland a plus 5 start.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:09 pm

How do the welsh feel about going to Italy, if they lose their first 2 games could they get in trouble in Italy.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

Ospreydragon wrote:
I expect France to win the title in the next 2 years. Eng might win it this year -- if their great NZ win indicates they are a very good side.

France always win the 6N the year after a Lions tour.....for obvious reasons.

Maybe England this year?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 29 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

I reckon England this year, on points difference though, not the Slam. They'll put the biggest score on Italy out of everyone. France will lose against England, and probably lose to Ireland. England will hopefully lose to Wales in their last game.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down