The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Razor Ruddock comeback

+12
88Chris05
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
KC
Lance
Atila
AlexHuckerby
wheelchair1991
WelshDevilRob
16 posters

Go down

Razor Ruddock comeback Empty Razor Ruddock comeback

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:45 pm

Recent quotes from Razor on his decision to comeback.

“I was sitting there and they were reminiscing about the olden days and something clicked in my head and I thought, ‘Is this what I have to look forward to, just coming over here and drinking alcohol, waiting to fade away and die?’ ” said Ruddock. “I went to the doctor and he said my blood pressure was kind of high and I had problems with my knees. And he said I had to exercise and watch my diet. I walked out of his front door weighing 300 pounds and as of that day I stopped eating everything (bad) and I started exercising.”

“When people talk trash to me, I ignore them because all they do is defecate through their mouth,” he said. “You see how clear I’m talking to you? It’s like I’ve never been in the ring.”

“It’s a challenge and I love challenges,” he said. “What am I supposed to do? Fade away? That’s for regular people. I’m not regular. I don’t think like everybody else. I want to be different.
“I train every single day,” Ruddock continued. “I’m turning into a machine. I’m a Formula 1 Race car, so when I put it on the track, look out. Most human beings live their lives in desperation, they go from day to day and live in a box. That’s not Donovan Razor Ruddock. I’m here to change things.”

"I found the fountain of youth. I feel like a million dollars,” he said. “People put limits on themselves. There’s no limits to life.”

Former Canadian Heavyweight Champion, Bola Raymond Olubowale will take on former world title challenger Donovan "Razor" Ruddock on Sat. March 28, 2015 at Hershey Centre, Ontario, Canada. Razor's record is 38-5-1, 29 KO's. He's won his last 10 fights but the last bout was on 12th October. 2001.

Razor turns 52 later this year. Will he achieve his dream of becoming the oldest Heavyweight champion in history?

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Razor Ruddock comeback Empty Re: Razor Ruddock comeback

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 7:59 pm

No chance its a shame when stories like this come along

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

Maybe sales of Razor Ruddock's Incredible Boxer Compactor, didn't sell too well. Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B3tJPHVCn_0

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 28 Mar 2015, 8:46 pm

Can't end well

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm

Ruddock won by 5th round stoppage.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:05 pm

Good luck to him. He wont get near a title but if hes happy and keeping in shape then why not

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Sun 29 Mar 2015, 11:43 pm

Lance wrote:Good luck to him. He wont get near a title but if hes happy and keeping in shape then why not

Because taking 14 years off then restarting your career @ 51 is generally recognised as not being conducive to your health, regardless of what tests he has passed in the good ol' USA Whistle

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:03 am

Sitting at home getting fat and bored is not healthy to a 51 year old. If he needs to do this then good luck to him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:22 am

Your logic is somewhat flawed to say the least!
There are safer ways of making money at his age then getting punched in the head, it's a disgrace & the boxing authorities should not allow it.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Mon 30 Mar 2015, 8:01 am

If you pass the tests you can fight. Age doesn't matter.

Marco_Marky - Stuffington

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 10:52 am

WelshDevilRob wrote:Recent quotes from Razor on his decision to comeback.

"I found the fountain of youth.”

.... lets hope he didn't find it in a bottle from a sports nutritionist.

He may have passed the relevant health tests but your body is not as capable for speed and power sports at 50 as it was at 25. The risks of taking more punishment are higher, the chances of meaningful success practically nil. The guy doesn't have a trainer, so has no-one to save him from himself. I understand it when they are desperate for the money, but its hard to be supportive of these old guys out to prove old father time wrong.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

Maybe he's looking at RJJ, who won another on the bounce this weekend....

Shell of his former self still, but showed some good handspeed and decent power at least. Way way to easy to hit, compared to his mercurial peak though. He most be loaded, god knows why he's taking these mediocre German fights, can't be making 6 figures even for them.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 12:47 pm

What shame Roy didn't show this ambition to travel when he was supposed to fight Michelczewski

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:23 pm

Fond memories of Razor Ruddock. Lewis v Ruddock was the first fight I ever went to see.

A few days before my 16th birthday. Me and a few friends, down from Liverpool on the train to the big city. We didn't even care that the fight was so short. We were just happy our man had smashed the man who went toe to toe with Tyson. Great atmosphere that night.

For a man who had done the best part of 20 rounds with Iron Mike, Razor didn't half look scared before the opening bell rang.

Robbed a newsagents near Euston of some sweets in the morning and headed back home. First trip to London safely navigated. Happy days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:28 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Fond memories of Razor Ruddock.  Lewis v Ruddock was the first fight I ever went to see.

A few days before my 16th birthday.  Me and a few friends, down from Liverpool on the train to the big city.  We didn't even care that the fight was so short.  We were just happy our man had smashed the man who went toe to toe with Tyson.  Great atmosphere that night.

For a man who had done the best part of 20 rounds with Iron Mike, Razor didn't half look scared before the opening bell rang.

Robbed a newsagents near Euston of some sweets in the morning, fingered a petrified librarian and headed back home.  First trip to London safely navigated.  Happy days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Fond memories of Razor Ruddock.  Lewis v Ruddock was the first fight I ever went to see.

A few days before my 16th birthday.  Me and a few friends, down from Liverpool on the train to the big city.  We didn't even care that the fight was so short.  We were just happy our man had smashed the man who went toe to toe with Tyson.  Great atmosphere that night.

Robbed a newsagents near Euston of some sweets in the morning and headed back home.  First trip to London safely navigated.  Happy days.

You can take the boy out of Liverpool....

Is there a librarian story I should know about?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

milkyboy wrote:

Robbed a newsagents near Euston of some sweets in the morning and headed back home.  First trip to London safely navigated.  Happy days.

You can take the boy out of Liverpool....

Is there a librarian story I should know about?

There is a librarian story, Milky, but I'm not sure you need to worry about it.

Unless your sister was a librarian in Runcorn back in the mid-90's?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:54 pm

My sister's a Capricorn

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:55 pm

milkyboy wrote:My sister's a Capricorn

Phew.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:59 pm

If my sister's ruled out, Who was this mystery librarian? George weah?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:02 pm

milkyboy wrote:If my sister's ruled out, Who was this mystery librarian? George weah?

I had to google him.

Would have been a good joke had I not had to do that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm

... Ron Atkinson used to call him the big librarian in commentary.  Not deliberately. Given some of the things ron came out with, he got off lightly.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:25 pm

Didn't Tino's library exertions inspire a Michael Jackson song?

Big Ron's 'Ronglish' had its shortcomings milky, but when it came to ineptitude at pronouncing countries and names he was an amateur compared to the great David Pleat. I remember watching Arsenal against Barcelona years back.

Jose Antonio Rays
Philipe Sandarose
Kolo Too-wry (thought he was about to launch a rendition of 'Come on Eileen' at one point)
Robert Perez
Jens Lemon

And when it came to Barcelona the particular standouts were Marc Van Bummel and Giovanni Van Bonkhurst. I'm guessing David had sex on his mind that night.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:53 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Didn't Tino's library exertions inspire a Michael Jackson song?

Big Ron's 'Ronglish' had its shortcomings milky, but when it came to ineptitude at pronouncing countries and names he was an amateur compared to the great David Pleat. I remember watching Arsenal against Barcelona years back.

Jose Antonio Rays
Philipe Sandarose
Kolo Too-wry (thought he was about to launch a rendition of 'Come on Eileen' at one point)
Robert Perez
Jens Lemon

And when it came to Barcelona the particular standouts were Marc Van Bummel and Giovanni Van Bonkhurst. I'm guessing David had sex on his mind that night.
Can't recall manager at the time (it's only a couple of years ago, can't see his face, name escapes me) but he upset Charles N'Zogbia by calling him Charles Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Jose Antonio Rays
Philipe Sandarose
Robert Perez
Jens Lemon

Can't recall manager at the time (it's only a couple of years ago, can't see his face, name escapes me) but he upset Charles N'Zogbia by calling him Charles Insomnia

Joe Kinnear

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:03 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Jose Antonio Rays
Philipe Sandarose
Robert Perez
Jens Lemon

Joe Kinnear

Kinnear also called Yohan Cabaye "Yohan Kebab" and Ameobi "Amemobi".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-kinnear-radio-interview-line-by-line-1960189

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm

Bobby Robson once called Bryan Robson "Bobby".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:11 pm

99% of footballers/managers would be passed over for a McDonalds cleaning job due to being moronically stupid to the nth degree.

And if Shannon Briggs is allowed to keep on fighting then what's the harm with Ruddock if he's shape? Could easily make 5k per fight boxing against average journeymen etc.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

What doesn't Ruddock fight Briggs with the winner automatically become the mandatory (stalker) for Wlad?

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:20 pm

Don't know about you, Dave, but I want the Jones Jr-Toney rematch. Maybe Briggs-Ruddock can be on the undercard, though.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm

It could be a semi-final tournament for the right to face Wlad

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 30 Mar 2015, 5:57 pm

Have to guess that money is the real issue here......

Another fighter that can't control his finances...........No place for a 52 year old man the boxing ring..........

Can't sport Canada get him a job coaching kids......

Not as If Canada is full of sporting heroes.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down