The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations - How are we all feeling?

+36
ScarletSpiderman
Comfort
AlastairW
Scarpia
bedfordwelsh
doctor_grey
Glas a du
RubyGuby
wales606
Taylorman
Breadvan
bsando
Cyril
overlordofthewest
aucklandlaurie
damage_13
lostinwales
Bathman_in_London
21st Century Schizoid Man
Effervescing Elephant
maestegmafia
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
sirBiggles
Cardiff Taffy
Duty281
NeilyBroon
gregortree
bluestonevedder
Biltong
rodders
george doors
majesticimperialman
Jimpy
George Carlin
RuggerRadge2611
nobbled
40 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

6 Nations - How are we all feeling? - Page 2 Empty 6 Nations - How are we all feeling?

Post by nobbled Wed 30 Jan 2013, 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thought a quick straw poll would be interesting. Just say who your team is, how you're feeling about the first game, and how many beers will it take to get you through the game!

England - Nervy but optimistic - a four pack should do it (and the wife won't let me have more)
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - How are we all feeling? - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations - How are we all feeling?

Post by Scarpia Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:24 am

Wales - I'm very nervous due to our injuries and Howley, for me, just doesn't look right as head coach. His body language and facial expressions do not inspire confidence in me. I hope the players respond better to him.

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

6 Nations - How are we all feeling? - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Nations - How are we all feeling?

Post by AlastairW Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:01 am

EE - you old dog! Congratulations! thumbsup

Quietly confident for England along with a heap of nerves! The press have been dining out since the start of December which is infuriating, but i can't get past the fact that this England team is barely a year old after a top to bottom clean out. To 'demand' or 'expect' a GS that soon out the gate is a bit much to ask.

Of course i want to see an English win, but tbh i'd be happy with just seeing progress on last year. History of the 6N has shown the summer tours/rwc's/ai's mean exactley squat when it comes to this time of year, so there's everything to play for.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:13 am

Thanks for the best wishes guys. That's what i love about this forum.

Posters can be at each others throats over something as simple as a stat one minute then supporting, consoling or congratulating the same poster the next. It's this sense of camaraderie from people who've potentially never even met that makes rugby and its supporters a breed apart.
Hug

Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:23 am

Howley's picking the squad in the next few hours, we're on a run of defeats, we've lost our first 4 choice locks & 6, I've just seen the team the Western Mail 'leaked'....

.... but im welsh, so its safe to say theres a burning in my loins that tells me we will destroy the irish mo1

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:25 am

Comfort wrote:Howley's picking the squad in the next few hours, we're on a run of defeats, we've lost our first 4 choice locks & 6, I've just seen the team the Western Mail 'leaked'....

.... but im welsh, so its safe to say theres a burning in my loins that tells me we will destroy the irish 6 Nations - How are we all feeling? - Page 2 217445939
Been too liberal with the Deep Heat again? Shocked Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:28 am

Deep heat / nurses. We mentioned that on the 'worst injuries' thread. Comfort, take that burning loin over to the injuries thread willya ? Whistle

PS: I have a bow of burning gold... so there. rose

Last edited by gregortree on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
Comfort wrote:Howley's picking the squad in the next few hours, we're on a run of defeats, we've lost our first 4 choice locks & 6, I've just seen the team the Western Mail 'leaked'....

.... but im welsh, so its safe to say theres a burning in my loins that tells me we will destroy the irish 6 Nations - How are we all feeling? - Page 2 217445939

Have you ever tried to counterract too much Deep Heat with Deep Freeze?............. IT DOESN'T WORK. Shocked
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

NURSES WITH DEEP HEAT?! Yahoo

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:31 am

Dirty mind Comfort.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:34 am

its clearly to massage my heart, my achy breaky howley-damaged heart.

I've heard if you dont get treatment for howley-damage, it can be nearly everlasting.

Last edited by Comfort on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:36 am

When is the Welsh squad annouced?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:37 am

Report it to the the 'Worst Injuries' thread on Sunday

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

Blues, should be around midday today!

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:41 am

Comfort wrote:Blues, should be around midday today!

Cheers Comfort OK

Seen rumours of Coombs set to make his debut at lock?? Could be interesting!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:51 am

bluestonevedder wrote:

Cheers Comfort OK

If he does he'll have the whole of Wales behind him no doubt but I consider it to be a very bad idea (dont get me wrong, I'd love him to make me eat these words).

As far as Im concerned, even with our injury issues we can still put out a very good front 5.

My pack would be

James/Hibbard/Jones
Kohn/Evans (if fit - if not, James King)
Warbs/Faletau/Tipuric

Warburton is captain, he'll play somewhere (and personally as a Blues fan I'm quietly confident in the way hes been playing of late, he's getting that extra 'bit' out of everything hes doing again), Tips is quite lightweight for a forward, we'll need a heavy front 5 to allow us to play a mobile back row.

throwing in youngsters from struggling regions isnt the way to stop the rot of 7 defeats, imo anyway. OK Ale

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:01 am

Comfort wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Cheers Comfort OK

If he does he'll have the whole of Wales behind him no doubt but I consider it to be a very bad idea (dont get me wrong, I'd love him to make me eat these words).

As far as Im concerned, even with our injury issues we can still put out a very good front 5.

My pack would be

James/Hibbard/Jones
Kohn/Evans (if fit - if not, James King)
Warbs/Faletau/Tipuric

Warburton is captain, he'll play somewhere (and personally as a Blues fan I'm quietly confident in the way hes been playing of late, he's getting that extra 'bit' out of everything hes doing again), Tips is quite lightweight for a forward, we'll need a heavy front 5 to allow us to play a mobile back row.

throwing in youngsters from struggling regions isnt the way to stop the rot of 7 defeats, imo anyway. OK Ale

Some good points Comfort. He's definitely the sort of player that fans get behind- a real grafter, and uncompromising. But think you're right about throwing youngsters in.

The pack you've listed is pretty decent, and a hell of a second row combination- a lot of bulk there!

Still though, with Rowley in charge, it's set to be an exciting team annoucement...

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:08 am

Aye, I just think we'll need said bulk in light of missing Lydiate/AW Jones and with Evans only going to be half-fit at best (he hasnt played since November).

But yeah, I look forward to the team announcement with baited breathe, im semi-sure Henson will return and lead us to grandslam glory. king

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:12 am

Comfort wrote:Aye, I just think we'll need said bulk in light of missing Lydiate/AW Jones and with Evans only going to be half-fit at best (he hasnt played since November).

But yeah, I look forward to the team announcement with baited breathe, im semi-sure Henson will return and lead us to grandslam glory. king

God, yeh that would be a surprise! He's be completely absent from LW and the public eye so far...I reckon he's been in Spala for a few months preparing for the Six Nations!

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:45 am

Scarpia wrote:Wales - I'm very nervous due to our injuries and Howley, for me, just doesn't look right as head coach. His body language and facial expressions do not inspire confidence in me. I hope the players respond better to him.

Its not our injuries so much more the clown who is selecting the squad.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 12:42 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Scarpia wrote:Wales - I'm very nervous due to our injuries and Howley, for me, just doesn't look right as head coach. His body language and facial expressions do not inspire confidence in me. I hope the players respond better to him.

Its not our injuries so much more the clown who is selecting the squad.

+1 to that. The worst welsh coach of all time, 100% losing record fair play to him.

I am really bouncing between the fact that a whitewash is a serious possibility to the fact that we should be targeting a minium of a triple crown and pushing france in france for the GS. But if I were a betting man I think the white wash is more likely.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Thu 31 Jan 2013, 1:20 pm

It is like that with Wales sometimes, oscillating between the sublime and the ridiculous. With England it's like we oscillate between a ruthless hit squad or bunch of dull luddites. We seem to be more organised at the moment but there's a few new faces in there, it all could click for you.

Beat Ireland and you're on a roll

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Thu 31 Jan 2013, 1:38 pm

Very excited, irritable, irrational and insatiable going by the fact I can't get off this site

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 31 Jan 2013, 3:54 pm

Absolutely truly devastated with that team selection and cant remember being being nervous and filled with dread ahead of Saturday for a long time and that includes the dark days of the 90s and visits to Twickenham.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Absolutely truly devastated with that team selection and cant remember being being nervous and filled with dread ahead of Saturday for a long time and that includes the dark days of the 90s and visits to Twickenham.

Really?! Not far off a full strength team. Tipuric for Warbs on form maybe and Kohn for the extra Newtons he brings but taking injuries into account that's not a bad team at all.

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

"that includes the dark days of the 90s"

The worst for me was the warm-up game in Cardiff before a world cup when we played England's 2nd string (was it 2003?), and I watched the teams warming up and thought - they're on a completely different level from us. Both teams were doing simialr passing drills, the England team at about twice the speed and with less mistakes. The France game at Wembley was as depressing, but I wasn't dreading it as much before kick-off.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:25 pm

I was at that game BlueNote - worst experience of my life thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarlump Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:29 pm

I was in an O'Neils with four Welshman in 1999, that was an experience not easily forgotten raspberry

Sugarlump

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:33 pm

Still, it makes the good times all the sweeter, Ruby!

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:37 pm

Yes you can say that again - What a hot day that was it was a scorcher. Bought a 2003 RWC shirt from the store that day and wore it once. Gave it to a Cornish friend of mine a few months ago - I mean Staurt Abbott - who the feck were these thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Yes you can say that again - What a hot day that was it was a scorcher. Bought a 2003 RWC shirt from the store that day and wore it once. Gave it to a Cornish friend of mine a few months ago - I mean Staurt Abbott - who the feck were these thumbsup

You got no one else to blame there but yourself for that purchase! Very Happy

Back in 2008, my mum and a friend went to Wales for a holiday, and knowing I like Rugby (but not into it themselves) they decided to buy me a Rugby themed mug as a holiday present.

I was quite .... delighted ... to un-wrap my present upon their return to be the proud owner of a '2008 WALES GRAND SLAM WINNER!' mug. They got a 'thanks' through slightly gritted teeth furious

Thought that counts I suppose! Very Happy

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 31 Jan 2013, 4:59 pm

Wow. trolled by your own Mum. that must've hurt!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:16 pm

Effervescing Elephant wrote:Wow. trolled by your own Mum. that must've hurt!

Laugh

Yeah, family owned, that sucked.

AlastairW

Back to top Go down

Post by adambarney Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

i fear for the welsh there squad looks thin possibly have worst second rows in six nations lol

adambarney

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:35 pm

I am pretty happy considering the injury count. We have blooded young guys well and there is good competition throughout the squad.

Prominent players like Adam Jones are in good form.

I think we have rightfully been given little chance of holding on to our title this year. But i do think we have enough in our armoury to cause opposition problems and maybe get a narrow win here or there.

Not overly confident but as excited as ever.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by adambarney Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

remember it the front five who win games best front five england,france.

adambarney

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 31 Jan 2013, 7:36 pm

adambarney wrote:i fear for the welsh there squad looks thin possibly have worst second rows in six nations lol

Really ? Who's their dietary advisor ? Mrs Beckham ?

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 31 Jan 2013, 7:50 pm

Effervescing Elephant - congratulations to you and the missus mate, great news! Ale

As an England fan I'm equally optimistic and apprehensive. We look a more complete team that we have for a few seasons and have a very strong pack but creativity in the backs is still a big issue - though I'm very happy to see 36 given an opportunity.

Bottom line I see this as a make or break tournament for England. If things click and players continue their good form we will be looking a very good side. However if the backs continue as they have and Marler struggles in the scrum we will suddenly feel like a squad at big risk of injury to a few key players - Corbs/Cole/Tuilagi especially

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:29 pm

Bottom line I see this as a make or break tournament for England. If things click and players continue their good form we will be looking a very good side. However if the backs continue as they have and Marler struggles in the scrum we will suddenly feel like a squad at big risk of injury to a few key players - Corbs/Cole/Tuilagi especially

Totaly agree with you there. England because of that win against the All Blacks, Must now prove to not only all the fans, But also too them selves that that win was not a (one off) they cannot afford to have a bad game if they lose this week end. then their credit rating will plummet to zero.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:35 am

Sugarlump wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Absolutely truly devastated with that team selection and cant remember being being nervous and filled with dread ahead of Saturday for a long time and that includes the dark days of the 90s and visits to Twickenham.

Really?! Not far off a full strength team. Tipuric for Warbs on form maybe and Kohn for the extra Newtons he brings but taking injuries into account that's not a bad team at all.

Sugarlump,

Jenkins - Not first choice and limited gametime
Rees - See above Re Jenkins
Coombs - Good luck to him and glad he's there over Kohn but again not regular choice 2nd row for us at Dave, would have put King there
Phillips - Best of a bad bunch
North - Been off form of late would have put Halfpenny there and had Byrne at XV
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:26 am

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:

That reminds me..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000KKNQBK

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 01 Feb 2013, 9:56 am

Jimpy wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:

That reminds me..

Laugh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:

That reminds me..

Laugh

It restored my faith in the collective wit of the nation 6 Nations - How are we all feeling? - Page 2 3933776953

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm

and how are we feeling now?
Shame their aren't more Italians on 606 as I imagine they are feeling tip-top!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2