The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations?

+30
Liam
RugbyFan182
Bathman_in_London
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Luckless Pedestrian
AlastairW
rainbow-warrior
aucklandlaurie
alive555
sad_gimp
bedfordwelsh
Hound_of_Harrow
lauriehow
ChequeredJersey
westisbest
Glas a du
wolfball
Biltong
ScarletSpiderman
stub
nathan
UlstermaninGlasgow
21st Century Schizoid Man
Taffineastbourne
bsando
Morgannwg
Breadvan
majesticimperialman
king_carlos
doctor_grey
34 posters

Go down

Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations? Empty Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations?

Post by doctor_grey Thu 31 Jan 2013, 7:48 pm

Always fascinates me how truly global we are.
I am thinking about this because I was sent to Chiina for a work-thing this week and will be in Hong Kong on the weekend. Also, because its about 3:45 in the morning China time and I can't sleep. Last time I was in Hong Kong during major Rugby Internationals was in 2005 during the Lions tour to NZ and parts of the island seemed like a right and proper cross of Auckland and home. Lions jerseys everywhere.

Watching the 6 Nations last year was more mundane, though a lot of fun. Was in New Jersey and my Rugby club there would go out and play touch for an hour next in a park next to one of our usual pubs. We would get an early morning run-around then go watch the Rugby. Great fun.

But this weekend, all I know is Wales-Ireland is at 9:30 Saturday night followed by England-Scotland at midnight. In whichever pub I land, guaranteed to be surrounded by instant mates and rivals (and beer). Looking forward to it with a passion.

So, where will you be?

p.s. If anyone is over here, pelase remember, I will always and graciously accept a beer bought for me......

Grey

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations? Empty Re: Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations?

Post by king_carlos Thu 31 Jan 2013, 7:53 pm

In a pub in Edinburgh Shocked I may leave the England shirt at home for this one.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations? Empty Re: Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations?

Post by majesticimperialman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 7:55 pm

I will be at home in England. Most of the pubs around here will only watch Foot ball. And besides if i go in to a pub i would be drunk before kick off.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

Wind st Swansea. First time down there since wetting my youngests head night out. He's 7 now. Erm As a uni city, there should be some fellow ex pat English people out, so I'm not completely outnumbered. thumbsup
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:11 pm

Breadvan wrote:Wind st Swansea. First time down there since wetting my youngests head night out. He's 7 now. Erm As a uni city, there should be some fellow ex pat English people out, so I'm not completely outnumbered. thumbsup

Morg's coming down next weekend.

Cool
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:13 pm

Cardiff pubs with some Irish lads! Meeting at 10am sharp for pre match beers then we'll probably head into town for lots and lots of...Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations? Smiley-eatdrink005

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:15 pm

From behind the sofa!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:19 pm

bsando wrote:Cardiff pubs with some Irish lads! Meeting at 10am sharp for pre match beers then we'll probably head into town for lots and lots of...Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations? Smiley-eatdrink005

Like that wee smiley man licking his chops hee hee thumbsup Off to the local rugby club with the usual Warrior suspects where the plan is to try GC's drinking game (see other thread). I predict a riot!

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:27 pm

I will be watching it from the bowels of my university library... Medical school finals are the bane of my life.... However I have managed to get an escape to the Irish and Welsh games in Murrayfield so that should be fun!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:29 pm

Taking the beer around to the old mans to watch it.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:30 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Breadvan wrote:Wind st Swansea. First time down there since wetting my youngests head night out. He's 7 now. Erm As a uni city, there should be some fellow ex pat English people out, so I'm not completely outnumbered. thumbsup

Morg's coming down next weekend.

Cool

Nooooooooooo.. Wink
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

OK, first time on here so thought I'd pick a nice friendly thread. I'll be watching at home with family and friends (Welsh wife but English otherwise) and will be hoping for Welsh and English wins on Saturday.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote: Sad

Excited about Saturday but nervous Schizoid - wouldn't be at all suprised if the Scots win... Hug

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:41 pm

I'll be on the sofa at home with my 3yr old little girl sitting next to me. When we went shopping last weekend I got my beers in, and she made me get her some bottles or orange so she can drink with me.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm

Well, it isn't like any of my fellow posters offered to buy me a plane ticket, provide accommodation, drinks and match tickets, so I'll be at home watching it all in HD. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

stub wrote:OK, first time on here so thought I'd pick a nice friendly thread. I'll be watching at home with family and friends (Welsh wife but English otherwise) and will be hoping for Welsh and English wins on Saturday.
Welcome to the crew, mate. Always happy to have one more.

But whch team will you support when Wales and England go at it?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:46 pm

Biltong wrote:Well, it isn't like any of my fellow posters offered to buy me a plane ticket, provide accommodation, drinks and match tickets, so I'll be at home watching it all in HD. Whistle

If you stayed on your subatical for a week or two longer we may have caved.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 31 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Biltong wrote:Well, it isn't like any of my fellow posters offered to buy me a plane ticket, provide accommodation, drinks and match tickets, so I'll be at home watching it all in HD. Whistle

If you stayed on your subatical for a week or two longer we may have caved.
Perhaps in protest I should take another. Sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:04 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
stub wrote:OK, first time on here so thought I'd pick a nice friendly thread. I'll be watching at home with family and friends (Welsh wife but English otherwise) and will be hoping for Welsh and English wins on Saturday.

Thanks for the welcome Doc. As for your question that's an easy one - I will be shouting for England but I may get out-shouted by Mrs Stub.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:07 pm

Ireland game at Patrick Kavanagh's on 3rd Ave New York at 8:30am. BBC America only showing the England game, so will watch that at my flat.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:08 pm

stub wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

Thanks for the welcome Doc. As for your question that's an easy one - I will be shouting for England but I may get out-shouted by Mrs Stub.

I feel for you mate, married to an english gal myself, it makes it awkward to get to worked up watching the match out of fear of the doghouse
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
stub wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:

I feel for you mate, married to an english gal myself, it makes it awkward to get to worked up watching the match out of fear of the doghouse

It's just as well that the win ratios are fairly even over time - keeps things calm(ish).

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:40 pm

The Pope will be in the Vatican Laugh

Sorry, private joke...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:52 pm

wolfball wrote:Ireland game at Patrick Kavanagh's on 3rd Ave New York at 8:30am. BBC America only showing the England game, so will watch that at my flat.
Hey mate, If Kavanaugh's subscribes to Premium Sport, they will have all the matches. My club in Jersey usually goes to Blackthorn on route 46 in Parsippany. They have all the matches and serve a proper breakfast, to boot. But if you live in Manhattan, it would be like a foreign country.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:54 pm

O'Neills. Always a good bit of craic in there.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm

There should be a support group for us ' inter country married couples' at this time of year. Very Happy My 13yr old, although born in Eng, loves giving me grief when England lose.

Lil bugger....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Jan 2013, 11:42 pm

A London pub in Hammersmith don't know which yet
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:19 am

I have a full house of tickets so will watch the 2 Wales home games at the Millo and get home in 10mins to see the later game in HD with feet up, then watch the Wales game again if we have won. Driving to Paris for 4 nights and at last have seats in row 7 at the Stade de France, same in Rome, row 7 at the Olympic Stad, but a bit far to drive, so flying out to Rome or 3 nights. Flying to see S V Wales at Murrayfield....but one night enough there as too cold. In the past i have had some rotten seats watching ant-like figures from about 500 yards at the Stade de France, without even a view of the big screen, so this makes a change!

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:34 am

The Wheatsheaf in Haven Lane, Ealing.

Fans from all the 4 countries playing on Saturday will be present. Love it!

Where's Everyone Going to be Watching the 6 Nations? 3933776953

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 01 Feb 2013, 5:26 am

Well after the side that Howler named yesterday I will mostly be watching from behind the sette in fear of a right old stuffing.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Fri 01 Feb 2013, 6:00 am

Got last game of my club's season at 3pm, followed by the ladies team league decider, followed by bar crawl to Wan Chai....if I am still standing at midnight when the game kicks off I'll be in the Canny Man!

Sunday is probably not going to be a fun day.

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:11 am

In krungthepmahanakorn

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:49 am

I wont be going far to watch it especially at 3 in the morning....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 01 Feb 2013, 7:59 am

The Welsh Dragon Pub Wellington, down for the weekend, no 7's ticket which is a shame considering 3/4 of those who have tickets are outside getting p**sed or not interested what so ever in the games. Still there'll be lots of drunk totty out later yus.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

Getting up to HQ early, so looking to catch some the Wales/Ireland game in a pub before hand with an Ale or 5.

Than trot off to HQ for the Calcutta. Sleeping's going to hard tonight, feels like Christmas eve.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:39 am

I was due to be going into Cardiff with some friends, but it'll be my new nephew's first Wales game, so we're having a family get-together at my dad's. I'll be drinking tea. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

Looks like I'll be watching the Sky+ recordings on Sunday night after spending the weekend in Austria. -

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:28 am

Quite possibly at Old Deer park, although I can imagine a lot of people suddenly 'remembering a scottish grandmother' at 3.55!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 2:13 am

Love to watch it at home in HD with a beer. But, the Aussie Bar in Cork City.hope they have a sofa to hide behind.

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Feb 2013, 2:59 am

Aber union. Hopefully there'll be some good banter. Half time they're doing FREE chips which is always a bonus. I'll be on the coors light from 12 sharpish, 2.50 a pint can't go wrong. Can't wait, I genuinely get more exited about the start of the 6N than any other event in the world.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Sat 02 Feb 2013, 4:07 am

I will be sat in a lodge, half way up a rainforest covered mountain in Colombia

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:27 am

In a pub in the quiet little market town of Llandeilo. Although the pubs are unlikely to be that quiet this afternoon.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 12:40 pm

On my sofa for the Wales - Ireland game, and behind if for the England - Scotland game..!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 02 Feb 2013, 1:02 pm

On my sofa with laptop on my lap, munchies on the table (mini pasty anyone?) and a drink at my side. I love watching it at home - I love the build up, the red button stuff and everything. Also no queues for the bog and to get a drink at half time Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down