The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is SL GOD

+29
tooboredtowork
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
aitchw
Jimpy
disneychilly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
blackcanelion
offload
Brian Moores Twin
Morgannwg
Portnoy's Complaint
Exiledinborders
ChequeredJersey
emack2
sickofwendy
IanBru
Geordie
BristolDave
majesticimperialman
Duty281
Barney McGrew did it
Biltong
doctor_grey
nathan
Taylorman
captain carrantuohil
lostinwales
mystiroakey
33 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is SL GOD Empty Is SL GOD

Post by mystiroakey Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:53 pm

I am begining to belive so!

and i have no idea why.. Its not like he has won every game- He just has that arsene wenger style about him. I believe in him- what ever he does!!

There allways seems a method in what he does.. Our players arnt messing about anymore off field either.,

When england get injuries I dont care. Sl has proved we have incredible depth..

He is a very calming influence on the team and fans i think..

I couldnt imagine a better manager

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Is SL GOD Empty Re: Is SL GOD

Post by lostinwales Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

Hes a good man manager - probably the best at that side I can remember.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

It's the calming influence that you mention that I like most, mystir. As God seems to be full of fire and brimstone most of the time, hurling down natural disasters and sundry other types of s**t on all manner of people, I have to conclude that Lancaster is not the Almighty, no. He's much more rational than that, and I sense that his squad won't be allowed to get too cocky in victory or too browbeaten in defeat. Just a sensible northerner, really (unlike God, who may well be from Gloucester!).

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:00 pm

geez mysti...I can partially understand why the 7's fans were supporting Kenya yesterday. vomit

Plus I thought you already knew Ronnie the Rocket...though on a break...is GOD. Run

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I am begining to belive so!

and i have no idea why.. Its not like he has won every game- He just has that arsene wenger style about him. I believe in him- what ever he does!!

There allways seems a method in what he does.. Our players arnt messing about anymore off field either.,

When england get injuries I dont care. Sl has proved we have incredible depth..

He is a very calming influence on the team and fans i think..

I couldnt imagine a better manager

Hope not, wenger's won nothing

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

I like Lancaster. He's done a lot of learning over the past year and good results to go with it.

Does he still have that caretaker label 'strewn' around his neck- the label that really says 'hes not really good enough to be coach but weve got to pick someone so dont worry people we will find someone else as soon as possible if he fails miserably, and of course take no responsibility for nominating him in the first place' by placing the label on his forehead.

Or has his now been given to Howley?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:19 pm

No, Taylor, the caretaker label is gone. He is doing pretty well, and the team is moving pragmatically in the right direction. Last season England played such a conservative plan, they squeaked by Scotland. Now the players have more confidencet move the ball around, but still play a tight defense. In fact, I would argue, the palyers are moving the ball around too much. But a lot of the same players from last year, playing better as a unit. Much of that credit goes to the coaches.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

Been reading a number of these types of threads on some rugby personality being God.

No, none of them are.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

Thanks Biltong...as we all know HE's a Snooker personality...who's on a bit of a sabbatical.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:34 pm

I thought I'd made it clear in an earlier thread - Eric Clapton is God.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Feb 2013, 9:35 pm

Barney McGrew did it wrote:I thought I'd made it clear in an earlier thread - Eric Clapton is God.

Even when the man sings about heaven, it is merely an indication of his hopeful wish to one day end up there.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm

Is Stuart Lancaster God? No, but he is our best head coach since Clive Woodward and after having to endure Robinson/Ashton/Johnson it is a relief to have someone who's ability you trust in.

And maybe, just maybe, on the New Year's Honours list 2016, it will be Sir Stuart Lancaster.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

I'm starting to get this really horrible feeling that England will win the world cup in 2015, there is no obvious weakness and you look strong in most positions, I'm hoping that you have a monumental collapse pretty soon or we'll all be in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:23 pm

I suppose if you are English, you are more likely to think that God is Johnny Wilinkson .

On the other hand if you are from Wales then it is usaly Sam Warburton. Sorry Run

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:24 pm

123456789 wrote:I'm starting to get this really horrible feeling that England will win the world cup in 2015, there is no obvious weakness and you look strong in most positions, I'm hoping that you have a monumental collapse pretty soon or we'll all be in trouble.

I'm in contrast mate, I'm getting this really nice feeling that England will win the World Cup in 2015. laughing

Long way to go yet of course! #homeadvantage

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:26 pm

One thing that really struck me the other day was that thing that Cyril posted, the quote from Hibberd about how the Welsh management and some of the players had treated him following a man sausage up or two in Australia by ostrasizing him.

You just know that right now if someone messes up like that in the England camp they'll sit everyone around the video talk about it and try and work out what went wrong and how to make sure it doesnt happen again.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by BristolDave Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:29 pm

Is SL god - no he's just a very naughty boy

BristolDave

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 02 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm

It's like they had a plan. Put the right people in.the positions. Sort the basics out...breakdown etc...once they're comfortable..move to stage 2... A little.bit of passing...etc

Who knows...but it seems to be slowly coming together.

Helped by all the.clubs academys starting to produce quality players comfortable in all facets of the game...even our second rows can pass etc...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm

Erm... God is god, and you're a blasphemer.

You shall be stoned to death. When I blow this whistle.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:27 pm

Nice to see you working just before the Sabbath, Euan.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Sat 02 Feb 2013, 11:30 pm

I think he handles pressure well and gives the squad a lot of confidence and belief in their abilities.Robinson,Ashton and Johnson all dithered and worried and chopped and changed,nervous manager=nervous players.

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 03 Feb 2013, 12:28 am

IanBru wrote:Erm... God is god, and you're a blasphemer.

You shall be stoned to death. When I blow this whistle.

Noooooooooo..

How many hail marys will get me out of this

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 1:25 pm

So a man with a played 12,won 6 drawn one lost 5 is GOD?What of a man who
has played 14,won 12,drawn1,lost 1 then?
Get things into perspective how many gave Scotland a chance yesterday not many?
After 22 matches judge him against Robinson,Ashton or Johnsons records. Or that SCW`s record was inferior to the first two of these and had he been a
NZ coach would have been sacked post 1999 RWC.
England have more money,resources,and players than any other Country please
put things in the correct context.
Lancaster is a solid thinking Coach building a team for the future NO MORE.
When England g o on a 3 test tour of NZ and win it 3-0 THEN you may say it NO ONE has achieved it against a Full Strength Nz test side yet.For the Oz supporters don`t bring up 1949 most of the first choice Forwards were in SA.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 03 Feb 2013, 1:27 pm

Emack, don't take this the wrong way but aside from you I severely doubt anyone will be bringing up any tours from 1949!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 03 Feb 2013, 1:39 pm

emack2 wrote:So a man with a played 12,won 6 drawn one lost 5 is GOD?What of a man who
has played 14,won 12,drawn1,lost 1 then?
Get things into perspective how many gave Scotland a chance yesterday not many?
After 22 matches judge him against Robinson,Ashton or Johnsons records. Or that SCW`s record was inferior to the first two of these and had he been a
NZ coach would have been sacked post 1999 RWC.
England have more money,resources,and players than any other Country please
put things in the correct context.
Lancaster is a solid thinking Coach building a team for the future NO MORE.
When England g o on a 3 test tour of NZ and win it 3-0 THEN you may say it NO ONE has achieved it against a Full Strength Nz test side yet.For the Oz supporters don`t bring up 1949 most of the first choice Forwards were in SA.
Talk about sore losers. Still making excuses after sixty four years!

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

Wow , i`ve really stirred a can of worms it seems EXCUSES ?1949 was the best thing to happen to NZ Rugby.
The 3-4-1 Scrum fixed courtesy of Dr.Danie Craven can you imagine a modern coach doing that.
One series narrowly lost,11 tests in 19 years against all comers ,a coach with a 100% record over a period of 3 years.
Man i`d take those stats anytime,excuses? you`re dreaming just putting things in perspective.
Judge Lancaster after 22 games then say he is better or worse than Robinson ,Ashton,Johnson or even SCW over that period his current record
is JUST about acceptable.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 03 Feb 2013, 2:03 pm

Emack, you got one response, I don't think you've opened a can of worms. We'll wait and see how Lancaster does. At the moment we look to have a gameplan and a sense of pride in playing for England, we'll see if we can cut out the errors and play under pressure and take things a game at a game
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 03 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

"At the moment we look to have a gameplan and a sense of pride in playing for England"

clap

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 2:40 pm

Stuart Lancaster has built his own England team. In Lancaster's first game against Scotland last year, only six players remained from the 2011 Quarter-Final against France, 3 starters were uncapped and 5 off the bench were uncapped.

In the 2012 Six Nations, England were widely expected to lose to Wales, France and Ireland, possibly Scotland as well. Instead England did magnificently under Lancaster, winning 4 out of 5, thrashing Ireland at Twickers and beating France in Paris were the highlights.

Then on the 3 Test tour away to South Africa, England pushed South Africa close in the first two tests before drawing the third Test. A phenomenal effort for an inexperienced team.

To end 2012, England beat Fiji with ease before being edged out by Australia and South Africa by six points and one point respectively. The highlight of course was on that memorable December day when England battered New Zealand by 17 points with a wonderful display of running rugby.

Now England have beaten Scotland by a comfortable distance. You can draw parallels between Lancaster's team development and how Woodward's team developed over time. Stuart Lancaster is doing a great job, 8/10 so far.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

Chequered jersey you have the right idea one game at a timem.As an Anglo-Scot I support my home teams too[after the AllBlacks].I want to see them progress BUT don`t want people going overboard too..
Stuart Lancaster is an intelligent man who will keep there feet on the ground.
The results to date were in some ways surprising,some not Scotland have a long way to go.Italy showed they are a match for any on there day BUT the pick of the Games were Ireland v Wales.
It took Wales half a match to wake up then they came out firing,get them that way from the start and anything can happen.
Ireland on that performance look formidable are they at Home to England because .THAT may well be the deciding 6Ns game.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 03 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

All anyone wants to see is an improvement Alan and thats all Im seeing from England. A young squad with new players being introduced regularly while posting big wins and still having only close losses is a long way from two years ago when tossing dwarves and ferry diving were the amongst their sharpest skills.

If I were an England fan I couldnt be happier with where they are now.
Part of that is due to a very open minded and intelligent coach.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 03 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

Absolutely. Plus the academies are beginning to generate some talent in sufficient numbers that England is capable capable of churning out a threatening squad from which to pick.

Talent which was already starting to be assimilated by MJ.

Currently the side looks not dissimilar to the 6Ns of 2011 - of which several key seniors in the squad had brain farts.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 03 Feb 2013, 9:33 pm

Then on the 3 Test tour away to South Africa, England pushed South Africa close in the first two tests before drawing the third Test. A phenomenal effort for an inexperienced team.

Oh dear not that loser talk again.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Sun 03 Feb 2013, 9:46 pm

SL is a top bloke, with a clear vision.

2015 could be very interesting indeed if we keep making this progress, there will be set backs and I can see next week being very tough but as long as we don't roll over and let BOD & Co tickle our tummies like Wales did I'll be happy, lets wait and see shall we.

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 03 Feb 2013, 9:53 pm

Brian Moores Twin wrote:but as long as we don't roll over and let BOD & Co tickle our tummies like Wales

Shocked ...Oh dear... ... ... Run

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 1:40 am

What is Stuart Lancasters title now HeadCoach,Director of Rugby etc.read somewhere he is now Supremo.Whatever that entails has he taken over Rob Andrews job now re A side and academy sides to?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 04 Feb 2013, 1:58 am

emack2 wrote:What is Stuart Lancasters title now HeadCoach,Director of Rugby etc.read somewhere he is now Supremo.Whatever that entails has he taken over Rob Andrews job now re A side and academy sides to?

I read somewhere he was GOD...Is Supremo higher than that? Must be if Rob Andrews is in the mix.

Whats wrong with... coach?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 04 Feb 2013, 5:59 am

Morgannwg wrote:

South Africa themselves had a new coach, a whole host of retirements and plenty of new players plus injuries.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

And still twice as many caps, Bilt
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:23 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:And still twice as many caps, Bilt
True mate, but those caps were split amongst J de Villiers, Bryan Habana and JP Pietersen.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:24 am

Fair enough
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:40 am

There is no God.

Stuart Lancaster however does look to have the making of a good international coach. Early days, but he is clearly making good progress.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:49 am

Note to posters that dont get many hits on there threads(make the title sensational!!)

SL makes me happy... If there was a God thats all I would ask!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:52 am

Morgannwg wrote:

You'd know all about that being Welsh. laughing

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:17 am

Coach Tests played % Won
Don White 11 27%
John Elders 16 38%
John Burgess 6 17%
Peter Colston 18 33%
Mike Davis 16 63%
Dick Greenwood 17 24%
Martin Green 14 36%
Geoff Cooke 50 72%
Jack Rowell 29 72%
Sir Clive Woodward 83 71%
Andy Robinson 22 41%
Brian Ashton 22 55%
Rob Andrew 2 0%
Martin Johnson 38 55%
Stuart Lancaster 14 57%

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:26 am

It might be sensationalist guff but the RFU obviously agree, theyve already promoted him above the role of head coach to international performance director taking half of Rob Andrews job

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:29 am

I see..

Well maybe its deserved..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 04 Feb 2013, 11:59 am

I have this problem NOT with Stuart Lancaster perse but with RWCs,Martin Johnson.Was appointed Head Coach more or less by media pressure,he was a Great player/captain etc.
What he was`nt was a Coach having no certificate at any level,NOW on a practical status.He certainly could teach forwards the tricks of his trade etc.
The Season before the RWC he had a record with Toby Flood pulling the strings
that looked promising.
Come the RWC Jonny is picked to kick the goals,he did`nt by his standards and
we had the turgid RWC stereotype game.
Will we see England 2015 abandon the gameplan using now,or the old so called RWC winning style.
Australia are in there group and playing a pragmatic style with goal kicking deciding there matches more now.
With injuries hopefully behind them with there RWC form they could well expect to win there group.
No side to date that has lost a match in the Tournament has won it 2015 is some way away BUT?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

Careful England. You just might end up peaking too early...

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 04 Feb 2013, 12:31 pm

About 10 years late if anything!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next