The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is SL GOD

+29
tooboredtowork
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
aitchw
Jimpy
disneychilly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
blackcanelion
offload
Brian Moores Twin
Morgannwg
Portnoy's Complaint
Exiledinborders
ChequeredJersey
emack2
sickofwendy
IanBru
Geordie
BristolDave
majesticimperialman
Duty281
Barney McGrew did it
Biltong
doctor_grey
nathan
Taylorman
captain carrantuohil
lostinwales
mystiroakey
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is SL GOD - Page 2 Empty Is SL GOD

Post by mystiroakey Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am begining to belive so!

and i have no idea why.. Its not like he has won every game- He just has that arsene wenger style about him. I believe in him- what ever he does!!

There allways seems a method in what he does.. Our players arnt messing about anymore off field either.,

When england get injuries I dont care. Sl has proved we have incredible depth..

He is a very calming influence on the team and fans i think..

I couldnt imagine a better manager

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Is SL GOD - Page 2 Empty Re: Is SL GOD

Post by Jimpy Mon 04 Feb 2013, 1:19 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Then on the 3 Test tour away to South Africa, England pushed South Africa close in the first two tests before drawing the third Test. A phenomenal effort for an inexperienced team.

Oh dear not that loser talk again.

You'd know all about that being Welsh. laughing

clap

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Mon 04 Feb 2013, 1:31 pm

Slowly but surely SL has been steadily laying to rest the doubts and fears his appointment engendered among the faithful and I was one who was uncertain that this quiet, thoughtful man could mould and shape a new England that would satisfy a demanding and often unforgiving audience. A year on and progres has been good. He has brought an honesty and humility to the camp that has been refreshing, his man management has so far been excellent. A host of new talent is being tried and developed in an environment where team ethic is king, the shirt is worn with pride and players are willing to work unselfishly for the greater good and the right wear it. His aim of having a 40 strong pool which can be called on without diminishing standards is coming together.

There is a long way to go but I am more certain now that this down-to-earth northerner has the ability to succeed and maybe lay the foundations of a regime that could be around for a long time. Good luck Stuart, right now you have the support you deserve and long may it last.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Then on the 3 Test tour away to South Africa, England pushed South Africa close in the first two tests before drawing the third Test. A phenomenal effort for an inexperienced team.

clap

+2 laughing

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

How? I'm not the one celebrating a draw ffs. Nor do I celebrate almost winning a grand slam after a non-try.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

aitchw wrote:Slowly but surely SL has been steadily laying to rest the doubts and fears his appointment engendered among the faithful and I was one who was uncertain that this quiet, thoughtful man could mould and shape a new England that would satisfy a demanding and often unforgiving audience. A year on and progres has been good. He has brought an honesty and humility to the camp that has been refreshing, his man management has so far been excellent. A host of new talent is being tried and developed in an environment where team ethic is king, the shirt is worn with pride and players are willing to work unselfishly for the greater good and the right wear it. His aim of having a 40 strong pool which can be called on without diminishing standards is coming together.

There is a long way to go but I am more certain now that this down-to-earth northerner has the ability to succeed and maybe lay the foundations of a regime that could be around for a long time. Good luck Stuart, right now you have the support you deserve and long may it last.

Thats all true but he still needs to snip Ashtons wings with some of those tries. Looks ridiculous and I dont care about his need to stamp his personality on his game. If Kirwan, Lomu, Cullen, Jane or Gear did that sort of thing theyd be laughed at here. The one thing I'm waiting for is for Ashton to have a you tube career ending moment to replace the one thats already made its rounds on this site many times.

That would make my day! Very Happy

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 04 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

Biltong wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

South Africa themselves had a new coach, a whole host of retirements and plenty of new players plus injuries.

These arrogant English are just acting childish now eh Bil? Only losers would be over the moon with a draw. Thankfully for England, Stuart Lancaster has more of a winners mentality.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

How? I'm not the one celebrating a draw ffs. Nor do I celebrate almost winning a grand slam after a non-try.

Bet you'd have loved a draw on Wales' tour of Australia, or in any of the autumn internationals. I have no idea what your second point is about. Don't worry though Morganwg, you can cheer up cause Italy are worse than Wales so that's something...oh wait they're not! laughing

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:14 am

Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

Bet you'd have loved a draw on Wales' tour of Australia, or in any of the autumn internationals. I have no idea what your second point is about. Don't worry though Morganwg, you can cheer up cause Italy are worse than Wales so that's something...oh wait they're not! laughing

LOL

clap

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:35 am

Do you boys want a ruler to take behind the bike sheds? On second thoughts, keep it, I really don't want it back when you're done measuring

Spoiler:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by tooboredtowork Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

No. But what he is doing is building a team that is playing well beyond the sum of it's parts. That to me would suggest that there is a good coaching unit in place.

An impressive start. We will, of course splutter. I do not expect us to win in both Dublin and Cardiff. But a win in one of these places would really lay down a marker.

We have the right man in post.

tooboredtowork

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:15 am

tooboredtowork wrote:No. But what he is doing is building a team that is playing well beyond the sum of it's parts. That to me would suggest that there is a good coaching unit in place.

An impressive start. We will, of course splutter. I do not expect us to win in both Dublin and Cardiff. But a win in one of these places would really lay down a marker.

We have the right man in post.

A case of so far so good - small improvements in almost every game. Seems to be a good team mentality, and good competition for most positions. Think Ireland are beatable, but I'm not prepared to put cash on it!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:16 am

Chaps it has finally reached the point where 606 England selection discussions fun though they are, are becoming redundant. Lancaster knows the England talent production line like the back of his hand having worked with most of the guys at youth and Saxons levels. Selection is a massive part of any England Head Coach's job and he is frankly nailing it. He is massively surpassing any of this predecessors that I can remember in terms of correct selections.

We will all have our opinions over the centre combinations and who should replace Morgan. We will all have views about Brown on the wing and the need for Goode at fullback.

I have my own. It has reached the point however where I now trust Lancaster 100% on selection so whatever he decides - that is the correct decision and will give us the best chance of victory.

My abiding hope for this coming Sunday is that win lose or draw we maintain our intent to play positive rugby and we keep the faith in what were trying to achieve.

If both Ireland and England bring their A games this is going to an absolute belter of a Test Match.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:29 am

I agree with that Triangulation.

His selections have by and large been correct.

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:05 am

Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

LOL

clap

Actually no, I wouldn't have. Would you and gimpy refrain from making daft assumptions. I'd say yeah, Italy are worse than Wales. Head to head shows that.

Smile
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Moores Twin Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:13 am

IRB Rankings tell another story.

1 NEW ZEALAND 90.08
2 SOUTH AFRICA 86.94
3 AUSTRALIA 86.87
4 ENGLAND 83.90
5 FRANCE 83.49
6 IRELAND 81.33
7 SAMOA 78.71
8 ARGENTINA 78.71
9 ITALY 77.82
10 WALES 77.27

Maybe the IRB should re-think the RWC pools!

Brian Moores Twin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:33 am

Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

LOL

clap

Actually no, I wouldn't have. Would you and gimpy refrain from making daft assumptions. I'd say yeah, Italy are worse than Wales. Head to head shows that.

Smile

Daft assumptions Morganwang? Not really, based on Wales's fantastic recent record. Still, as long as you beat the English eh... Yahoo

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

LOL

clap

Smile

Daft assumptions Morganwang? Not really, based on Wales's fantastic recent record. Still, as long as you beat the English eh... Yahoo

Depends over what period you're looking at doesn't it? Over several years - Wales clearly the better side - GS's and good World Cup showings. Over the last 8 or 9 games, Italy probably have the edge. We'll find out what happens when they meet - but even then there's an argument that one game tells you very little - (England NZ for example.) If Morg thinks Wales are better (and I have to agree overall) he can back it up with several years stats - and isn't consistency a more useful measure than a current run?
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:13 pm

nobbled wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

LOL

clap

Smile

Depends over what period you're looking at doesn't it? Over several years - Wales clearly the better side - GS's and good World Cup showings. Over the last 8 or 9 games, Italy probably have the edge. We'll find out what happens when they meet - but even then there's an argument that one game tells you very little - (England NZ for example.) If Morg thinks Wales are better (and I have to agree overall) he can back it up with several years stats - and isn't consistency a more useful measure than a current run?

I don't think Wales are better over all, actually the sides are almost even in terms of times played and amount won, with England edging it slightly I'd say. What is hugely amusing is that Morganwang spent a lot of last week trying to wind people up, especially English supporters, now his boyos have been whooped (again), you'd have thought it might quieten him down a bit.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:26 pm

Jimpy wrote:
nobbled wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

LOL

clap

Smile

I don't think Wales are better over all, actually the sides are almost even in terms of times played and amount won, with England edging it slightly I'd say. What is hugely amusing is that Morganwang spent a lot of last week trying to wind people up, especially English supporters, now his boyos have been whooped (again), you'd have thought it might quieten him down a bit.

I don't think they are better than England - not sure Morg does either currently - I was talking about Italy-Wales!
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:26 pm

I've been really impressed with Lancaster. At the time I didn't think he was the right appointment, I felt England needed a recognised and proven international coach, but he has done really well. He's got the players motivate, as noted above he's got selections by and large correct, and he's very good at dealing with the media. He's also picked a very good style of play for England by going with a fast and athletic pack focused on the breakdown. The tempo of England's play is faster than anything they've done since 2002, and it's really working for them.

Credit to the RFU here (not often you say that). They were taking a calculated risk in appointing a novice at this level, particularly following Johnson, but they clearly had belief in him and it's paying off. With the exception of Dan Cole (and I don't think Henry Thomas is far away), I don't think there's a single player in the XV that couldn't be adequately replaced, and he's achieved that in little more than a year, whilst getting the XV to a level where it can compete with anyone.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:Is Stuart Lancaster God? No, but he is our best head coach since Clive Woodward and after having to endure Robinson/Ashton/Johnson it is a relief to have someone who's ability you trust in.

And maybe, just maybe, on the New Year's Honours list 2016, it will be Sir Stuart Lancaster.

Woodward was not a coach so IMO Lancaster is a better coach and an infinately more likeable man. He seems to be a balanced individual who balances taking risks with young players with pragmitism. He has a wealth of talent at his disposal yet seems to focus on the balance of the team and its performance as a unit rather than individuals.

I like him the players seem to like him. England will be a considerable force under his management

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Tue 05 Feb 2013, 3:37 pm

[isn't consistency a more useful measure than a current run?[/quote]

Not really if you are looking at the result of the next game

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 05 Feb 2013, 6:44 pm

Jimpy wrote:
nobbled wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

clap

LOL

clap

Smile

Where was I winding anyone up gimpy? Or is it, as I suspect, another one of your BS posts? Such a child living in a rugby mans world aren't ya.

Still unemployed then WotsitsDad?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 05 Feb 2013, 7:35 pm

Morgan and Jimpy, you're both going to get PMs about this too, but I am quite frankly sick of the pair of you being childish jackasses around each other.

And it's quite clear that neither of you are intelligent or mature enough to get over each other.

Before either of you start bleating about the other, you're both about as bad as each other. And it's amazing how similar to each other you really are.

So you are directed to use the "Foe" feature on each other, and ignore each others' posts. If I spot either of you responding to the other you'll be getting banned, for the good of the site and everyone else who's utterly sick of reading the tripe you both post at times.

When I cool down I'll apologise for the personal attack above, though quite frankly the descriptions of you both are rather accurate.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum