The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ?

3 posters

Go down

Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ? Empty Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ?

Post by Kenny Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:52 pm

With the rule regarding Players only being able to play for 2 clubs per season should this rule be the same for Managers ?

Should a Manager only be able to manage 2 teams in anyone season ?

Should clubs only be able to employ a maximum of 2 Managers per season ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ? Empty Re: Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ?

Post by nasisillmatic Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 am

This is a very interesting subject.

I think there should be a limit to how many managers a club can have in a season. It would relieve a lot of pressure on the managers when things are not going great, and they could be more adventerous when using tactics and picking teams.

The manager merry-go-round in the Championship this season has been a joke.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ? Empty Re: Should there be a restriction on Managers like there is on Players ?

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:This is a very interesting subject.

I think there should be a limit to how many managers a club can have in a season. It would relieve a lot of pressure on the managers when things are not going great, and they could be more adventerous when using tactics and picking teams.

The manager merry-go-round in the Championship this season has been a joke.

Not sure. They have their philosophies and would probably stick to them, believeing it would give the best chance of positive results.

As for the topic... What about caretaker/temporary/interim/whatever-they-are-called-now managers? Would they count as one of the two per season or not? If they do, there would be more plotting behind the scenes before sacking a manager, so he could take over straight away. And they would have to take over before the next game.

If they don't count as one of the two, this status could be used as a loophole to having more than two managers per season.

I'd say leave clubs free to do what they want. It must be rare that a team who has more than two managers in a season is successful anyway, surely? So if they want to do it, let them get on with it.

Not withstanding unforeseen circumstances, such as manager number two needing to leave for family reasons, sickness, or going to prison or... dying. Hey, we need to plan for every eventuality!

That would cause a problem if they weren't allowed to replace him.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:55 pm

I think there should be a restriction on managers and clubs , far to many are being sacked to quickly

And no i do think caretaker/interim or whatever you call them should count
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:00 pm

Kenny wrote:And no i do think caretaker/interim or whatever you call them should count

What do you mean?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:06 pm

I think a club should only be allowed to have had 2 managers maximum per season including a caretaker manager / interim .

Chairman/Owners would then have to give managers time to sort poor runs out . Owners wouldn't employ a manager in the first place if they didn't think they could do the job so why get rid of the hastily .

On the point regarding Managers only being allowed to manage two clubs per season the point i was trying to make is why should it be different for players and not managers
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:46 pm

But any boss has the right to get rid of an employee if they aren't up to the job.

Football laws have changed to meet real world laws, e.g. Bosman/Freedom of movement, not move away from them. It's a business, you can't tell a boss he can't replace someone who is detrimental to his business, just because the date isn't right.

And as for equating it to players - I don't think you can.

Why should it be different for players and not managers?

Why not? Honestly, why not?

If it were different between say goalkeepers and wingers, I could understand your questioning. But a manager and a player are two very different things.

Clubs have a squad. They should have at least two players per position. If someone isn't doing so well, they'll drop him for someone else. Play in the reserves son. They won't sack him. Completely different to managers.

When was the last time someone managed more than two clubs in a season anyway?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down